• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Here's my criteria for whether something should be leaked.

If I would be personally disappointed, leak it. If I would be overly hyped for it, don't leak it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm betting Nintendo didn't like that--as an amoral business entity, they want as many people buying the DLC as possible, and is one of the reasons why they decided a season pass was the best business decision. They probably don't want a clear warning to some to avoid getting it. Sakurai, though, who's not a fan of the pass model, I believe, probably insisted on it. He didn't have to say that, and Nintendo probably would have preferred he didn't, but he did anyway.
Eh, I'm not going to defend them as some sort of organization of Saints but consumer trust is something Nintendo has shown themselves care about. They have a reputation they want to uphold. Something something, they aren't EA, something something.

I think they did it the way they did because so that they could for the purpose of advertising so they could draw out the reveals. Besides, DLC supposedly sells better of you make it available to purchase closer to release, when most people will still be playing the game.

They probably didn't like Sakurai reminding you to have the choice not to buy it (since they want to advertise it), but they did let him say it anyway. They could have just cut that part out or instructed him to say something else. I definitely don't think they were actively seeking to scam anyone by hiding the pass's contents.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Imagine a reveal trailer for Mai and she wasn't censored at all.

Imagine just scenes of THAT fighting with Ness and Lucas.

Imagine all the people......

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Here's my criteria for whether something should be leaked.

If I would be personally disappointed, leak it. If I would be overly hyped for it, don't leak it.
That's just 101% subjective tho

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Eh, I'm not going to defend them as some sort of organization of Saints but consumer trust is something Nintendo has shown themselves care about. They have a reputation they want to uphold. Something something, they aren't EA, something something.

I think they did it the way they did because so that they could for the purpose of advertising so they could draw out the reveals. Besides, DLC supposedly sells better of you make it available to purchase closer to release, when most people will still be playing the game.

They probably didn't like Sakurai reminding you to have the choice not to buy it (since they want to advertise it), but they did let him say it anyway. They could have just cut that part out or instructed him to say something else. I definitely don't think they were actively seeking to scam anyone by hiding the pass's contents.
It's not about actively scamming someone, it's just they more than likely would have preferred if he omitted it. Consumer trust is important because it goes back to running a good business--but we've seen many cases where if they determine not talking about something would make better business sense, they have (e.g., not addressing the joy con drift issue until it exploded). They're not saints, but they're not sinners either--amoral, rather than immoral.

What was key about Sakurai saying that, though, is--it rarely happens, so it's refreshing when it does, and that is regardless of Nintendo's thoughts on it.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I have thing to say regarding all of these leaks:

Ironic how they happen considering how Mario and Luigi have done plumbing before.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I bought the pass cause I hate the idea of not having 100% of the roster whether I'd like it or not.

I'm a completionist, god dammit.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Morning guys, anything new about the "leak" ?
Verge has spoken out. He says its an SNK rep but isn't saying who until he gets more info on it.

So until he speaks again we can keep speculating whether its Terry, Kyo or Nakoruru.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I have thing to say regarding all of these leaks:

Ironic how they happen considering how Mario and Luigi have done plumbing before.
Remind me of this classic.

This image never get old.

EDIT: You know what is beginning to feel old tho? The ****ing image uploader not working.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He's already guest starring in Soulcalibur so other characters should be given attention overall.

That's shallow, Haohmaru is just as important if not more than Nakoruru from the game's plot standards. By your logic, we should ditch Phoenix since he's in Mahvel doing his lawyer things.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Verge has spoken out. He says its an SNK rep but isn't saying who until he gets more info on it.

So until he speaks again we can keep speculating whether its Terry, Kyo or Nakoruru.
Speaking of Vergeben, do you think the "Minecraft DLC content" he said about is still a possibilty, or just a fluke?

D

Deleted member

Martin Burke is the most underrated Sonic Voice. Soooooo much better than Jaleel White for Classic Sonic imo.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don’t necessarily think folks should be told they can’t be disappointed if the pick they wanted didn’t get in. I was immensely disappointed when Snake got cut for Wii U/3DS.

However, as has always been, disappointment with Smash goes further than just being sad/frustrated with a lot of folks. Some folks on Twitter still think the SNK leak is fake (wha—?), that SNK sucks, etc...

Now not to sandbag on particular picks- it’s not my intention to make anybody feel bad for liking particular characters- but regardless of how much the internet Smash fanbase (see: loud minority) sees characters like Bandanna Dee or Ashley, for example, their appeal to new players, fans of non-Nintendo games, is incredibly low. Not even Dixie Kong has appeal as anything other than a base roster pick.

3rd parties have wider margins of appeal for a crossover fighter.

In addition, it’s not as if we haven’t talked about this. Dudes have always been trying to twist words to imply 1st parties were in the running. But come on now: Reggie literally said, “Characters not in the series before”, the first 3 packs are 3rd party, not a single repeated spirit, everything is entirely new, etc...

There’s also the fact that the Smash fanbase is notorious, both casual and competitive, for not playing other games. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if Nintendo stuck to games that only “seemed Nintendo” this “biggest crossover” wouldn’t seem nearly as big.

Shroob

Sup?
Before I go to bed and most likely wake up to a crazy new world, I'd like to give my 2 cents on the SNK situation.

If you were SNK and you were crossing over with literally everything under the sun, would you want crossovers to overlap?

Think about it.

Geese is in Tekken
Terry is in Fighting Layer Ex
Hao is in Soul Calibur 6

If it were up to me, I'd throw Smash a completely different character, because Smash is just going to eclipse the other game.

What I'm saying is

hawkgang hawkgang

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Before I go to bed and most likely wake up to a crazy new world, I'd like to give my 2 cents on the SNK situation.

If you were SNK and you were crossing over with literally everything under the sun, would you want crossovers to overlap?

Think about it.

Geese is in Tekken
Hao is in Soul Calibur 6

If it were up to me, I'd throw Smash a completely different character, because Smash is just going to eclipse the other game.

What I'm saying is

hawkgang hawkgang
Don't forget about partner theory.

:ultjoker:: Morgana
:ulthero:: Slime
:ultbanjokazooie:: Kazooie

It all adds up!!!!

Those, the bird image, female fighting game character, etc. :shades:

Edit: My uncle came by to drop some things off for my dad. Can't have Sophie jumping all over him.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What I'm saying is

hawkgang hawkgang
I humbly disagree.

poppygang poppygang

It all adds up!!!!

which provides evidence for based galford

you wanted a ninja? now you have an american ninja

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

It all adds up!!!!

Edit: My uncle came by to drop some things off for my dad. Can't have Sophie jumping all over him.
Bird image has nothing to do with the snk leak according to the discord.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

It all adds up!!!!

Partner Theory is literally a coincidence cause Morgana and Slime do **** all

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

Think about it.

Geese is in Tekken
Hao is in Soul Calibur 6

What I'm saying is

hawkgang hawkgang
I knew you'd come around again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom