• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
But ya. That's just my 2 cents.

I'm fully on board with Terry, but if it were me distributing what characters appear in crossovers, I wouldn't want 2 to overlap.

That's just me tho.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
nintendo be lookin at their plants hella hard lately tbh

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Less than 15 minutes until a Direct is probably not announced as a Tuesday or Wednesday announcement seems more likely

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Don't they typically announce directs on Wednesday mornings? Not saying that the blasted thing is even going to air this week, but I can't remember a time where one was confirmed on a Monday...

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don’t necessarily think folks should be told they can’t be disappointed if the pick they wanted didn’t get in. I was immensely disappointed when Snake got cut for Wii U/3DS.

However, as has always been, disappointment with Smash goes further than just being sad/frustrated with a lot of folks. Some folks on Twitter still think the SNK leak is fake (wha—?), that SNK sucks, etc...

Now not to sandbag on particular picks- it’s not my intention to make anybody feel bad for liking particular characters- but regardless of how much the internet Smash fanbase (see: loud minority) sees characters like Bandanna Dee or Ashley, for example, their appeal to new players, fans of non-Nintendo games, is incredibly low. Not even Dixie Kong has appeal as anything other than a base roster pick.

3rd parties have wider margins of appeal for a crossover fighter.

In addition, it’s not as if we haven’t talked about this. Dudes have always been trying to twist words to imply 1st parties were in the running. But come on now: Reggie literally said, “Characters not in the series before”, the first 3 packs are 3rd party, not a single repeated spirit, everything is entirely new, etc...

There’s also the fact that the Smash fanbase is notorious, both casual and competitive, for not playing other games. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if Nintendo stuck to games that only “seemed Nintendo” this “biggest crossover” wouldn’t seem nearly as big.
At the same time, I'm an SNK fan and I feel like it would be biased to think casuals would be more interested in Terry than someone like Waluigi or Eevee.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Made a little pfp... I could probably make a few with this format for some users here if you all want any. Just tell me what character you want, what stage, and what alt.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm thinking the Thursday direct is it. So announcement tomorrow or Wednesday.

Ah...discussing when a September direct will be...I'm feeling nostalgic! That's why I came back to Smashboards. Oh, the pre-Ultimate cycle...

D

Deleted member

Made a little pfp... I could probably make a few with this format for some users here if you all want any. Just tell me what character you want, what stage, and what alt.
Pink Isabelle with Green Hill Zone please

D

Deleted member

why y'all acting like kasumi is a name that no one has ever used
I literally never heard of the name Kasumi until Panda assumed dominance on the Kasumi economy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
There hasn’t been a single Smash Bros. fighters that has disappointed me. I’m happy for the character’s fans, and I’m happy that the Smash team is trying their hardest to make fun and entertaining content, and that’s why I’m buying all fighters. I get more content, and in exchange they get some money for their hard work. I try to keep my expectations low so I can be pleasantly suprised.
Absolutely disgusting. How could you be that content and grateful? I myself am justifiably dissapointed with literally every single character in the fighter pass...

...because of their blatant disregard for the laws of physics. I mean, really Sakurai? How is it physically possible a man can summon a winged supernatural entity out of thin air? Hero's spells clearly ignore the laws of matter conservation, and bears and birds exhibit NO cases of symbiotic relationships whatsoever in the real world. Sakurai is a hack, this DLC is a sham, and my Smash experience is ruined.

D

Deleted member

Regarding the rosters, I can only see them disappointing in just two cases:
  1. A character you like is cut
  2. Your wants are extremely limited to a few characters
I am grateful since every game I can say that theres an amazing work behind the choices of many characters even if I'm not interested by them alongside characters that I like.

I had zero idea about MGS despite being a late owner of a PS1 (the N64 left me disappointed coming from the NES and SNES), but just seeing the reveal of Snake so out of the blue make me feel in love with MG in Smash. I even surprisingly got one of my most wanted at the time later on :ultike: but was already satisfied with the roster by then so my most wanted just became a cherry on the top.

While a lot of people find Sm4sh roster disappointing, I feel its one of the most ambitious in regards as how widespread were the new franchises involved. You got newer franchises like Wii Fit and Xenoblade, alongside some of the oldest franchises and titles like Punch Out and Duck Hunt. Including Animal Crossing and Megaman, its amazing to see how many different genres they had for choices.

Ultimate to have the complete roster plus additions is pretty much a dream already, and the choices so far seem to be done to appeal as many different groups.

Even if I have little to no idea of SNK, I am very curious to how they'll play out and heck I may become a fan of them if this becomes true.

D

Deleted member

The Kasumi cinematic universe is lookin' wild as ****.
Looks good. Can I have the orange Munchie alt of Hero on Spear Pillar?

E: Quoted wrong post but the right person.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
people would be more satisfied with the smash roster if they stopped hanging out in support thread echo chambers and stopped associating themselves so heavily with the characters they want like its some sort of nationality

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
To be fair, we're not that cultured when it comes to Japanese names

Huh, What are you talking about?

Male Corrin doesn't even exist :denzel:
Well, here you go.
https://imgur.com/Jdfn2TF

I was going to get the full body image, but I didn't have it, as I'm using Spriters Resource to get the fighter artwork, and it wasn't in the file, for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom