• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

S A K U R A I P I C K
S A K U R A I B I A S
I doubt it's Sakurai bias instead of a multitude of reasons like bettering relationships between companies coming from Nintendo and whatever Company then there's just who Sakurai thinks will have the funnest and most interesting moveset.

If there was Sakurai Bias at play we would've gotten Geno but he's a Spirit and will only be a Spirit.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Possibly this week or the next. Also give into account some time between announcement and then release which is a few days
I’d love for him to show up this week or the next, but I’ve got to do a science experiment to determine the leading cause of trout deaths in the area. That’s gonna lead to a lot of conflict.

D

Deleted member

I’m two weeks away from the full Spiral Mountain remix

hecc ye
**** I just wanna see what other Banjo music we get
If we don't get Click Clock Wood I'm personally going to force Sakurai to cancel characters 4 and 5

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This is just making me sad how many we've lost along the way.
But hey, you guys still have me, this threads largest Steve Supporter (or not, CJBrine probably has that title lol).

I mean, I congratulated Banjo Bros for him making the cut, no point of starting a fire to ruin the party. As for us Steve supporters, we're an inevitability, so we're not mad.

Er... most of us.

Kinda.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
The final DLC character is gonna be F U N.

So far they've been pretty good with the fighters and all have their large followings, so naturally people are gonna expect a bang to finish the DLC off.

May lead to disappointment or cheering you can hear from across the globe like Mega Man.

Only reference we have is Bayo from the last game's DLC to even go off of, so it's not reliable.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think we're most likely getting character #4 in a Nintendo Direct on Thursday (announced Tues), with no mention of Banjo & Kazooie, not even a Joker-like tease, and a presentation on Sept 10 for release the next day, announced the day before.

Can't wait for when on Wednesday all those predictions turn out to be false all at once.

EDIT: Direct this week likely announced the day before on Wed, thanks to Shroob Shroob for the correction. Already one prediction down and I'm not editing it... can't edit real life.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think we're most likely getting character #4 in a Nintendo Direct on Thursday (announced Tues), with no mention of Banjo & Kazooie, not even a Joker-like tease, and a presentation on Sept 10 for release the next day, announced the day before.

Can't wait for when on Wednesday all those predictions turn out to be false all at once.
Directs are usually announced literally the day before, so if one's announced on Tuesday, it'd come out Wednesday, etc.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
The final DLC character is gonna be F U N.

So far they've been pretty good with the fighters and all have their large followings, so naturally people are gonna expect a bang to finish the DLC off.

May lead to disappointment or cheering you can hear from across the globe like Mega Man.

Only reference we have is Bayo from the last game's DLC to even go off of, so it's not reliable.
Alright guys, I got it.

Fighters Pass character #5 is KOS-MOS from Xenosaga.

Why?

Because I said so.

Nah but seriously, I'm not gonna put too much thought into character 5 until we get a major leak or closer to 4's release.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You see, I didn't think of Banjo getting in as Steve fans vs. Banjo fans. I viewed it as a chance to harvest.
Ohhh, so that's why you liked one of my old post.

I get it! :D

Also, sup here, just wake up, how ya going?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So basically soon we will see:
When Banjo and the Tockles spirit releases (remember to play the DQ 11 S demo for this one)
Who DLC 4 is
And the rest?
Sounds bountiful

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

On a similar note, we might get more SwSh info this week as well. The Pokemon Twitter account has been posting a new Pokemon from Galar every day (they mysteriously didn't post one today though). They'll run out of Pokemon before the week ends.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So as I was about enter 7-11 but I was approached by a strange old monk who was chanting a Buddhist Mantra. He came straight up to me and said to me in English. “The one you seek, I will allow a peak!” He then touched my forehead with his two fingers and I saw glimpses of the history of Earth, rise and fall of civilizations, the dinosaurs, reptilians, lack of an earth core, faked moon landing, a flatter than flat earth, the fall of humanity, the rise of a Penguin global society, alien invasion and we were just the experiment they made, we all live in the eye of a blue-eyed giant, and the end of the sun.

But I saw no Banjo. I SAW NO BANJO!!!!! IT WAS A RUSE!!!! THERE IS NO BANJO!!!!!

But apparently the old monk’s fingers malfunctioned and, instead, he pointed to the display case featuring Banjo and said “Soon will come the one you seek. Man, You are such a geek!.” He then vanished with cloud of red feathers.

So I know all the secrets of the world and it’s future but I still don’t know Banjo will drop.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Directs are usually announced literally the day before, so if one's announced on Tuesday, it'd come out Wednesday, etc.
I seem to remember them being announced two days before, which I thought was surprisingly early at the time. That's what I get for not double checking.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So as I was about enter 7-11 but I was approached by a strange old monk who was chanting a Buddhist Mantra. He came straight up to me and said to me in English. “The one you seek, I will allow a peak!” He then touched my forehead with his two fingers and I saw glimpses of the history of Earth, rise and fall of civilizations, the dinosaurs, reptilians, lack of an earth core, faked moon landing, a flatter than flat earth, the fall of humanity, the rise of a Penguin global society, alien invasion and we were just the experiment they made, we all live in the eye of a blue-eyed giant, and the end of the sun.

But I saw no Banjo. I SAW NO BANJO!!!!! IT WAS A RUSE!!!! THERE IS NO BANJO!!!!!

But apparently the old monk’s fingers malfunctioned and, instead, he pointed to the display case featuring Banjo and said “Soon will come the one you seek. Man, You are such a geek!.” He then vanished with cloud of red feathers.

So I know all the secrets of the world and it’s future but I still don’t know Banjo will drop.
I wonder if that monk was secretly Duck Hunt? That duo has a stash of red feathers lying around...

Shroob

Sup?
I seem to remember them being announced two days before, which I thought was surprisingly early at the time. That's what I get for not double checking.
That's for Game specific ones.

Smash Directs in the past along with Pokemon and Splatoon are always announced in advance. I remember people were ****ing dying in August after the news at EVO dropped.

Noipoi

Howdy!
On a similar note, we might get more SwSh info this week as well. The Pokemon Twitter account has been posting a new Pokemon from Galar every day (they mysteriously didn't post one today though). They'll run out of Pokemon before the week ends.
Yeah, maybe even in the direct.

“B-b-but Pokémon has never been in directs-

Announcements of new Pokémon games are never in directs. General information happens all the time.

September 2016- Alolan Ratatta
September 2017- Blacephalon and Stakataka
September 2018- Pikachu and Eevee’s HM moves

So don’t @ me. It could happen.

Shroob

Sup?
At this point, all we can really do is wait.

We have a date for BK, so we know it'll be before that.

We can survive sub-2 weeks.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Announcements of new Pokémon games are never in directs. General information happens all the time.

Doesn't really matter to me where we get the info so long as it's new.

Though if the Direct is all we're getting, I don't think it'll be much. Maybe one or two Pokemon reveals, but not much else.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

B-b-but Pokémon has never been in directs

(also love your profile pic, it's amazing)

Noipoi

Howdy!
All I want is to see the final evos of the starters. Give me at least that, Pokémon.
October

Doesn't really matter to me where we get the info so long as it's new.

Though if the Direct is all we're getting, I don't think it'll be much. Maybe one or two Pokemon reveals, but not much else.
I bet we’ll get a Pokémon or two in the direct, and then a week later they’ll be another proper Pokémon trailer with more info.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Noipoi Noipoi
Hi

But in terms of a Direct announcement this week, tomorrow and Wednesday are definitely the days to keep an eye on.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
October

I bet we’ll get a Pokémon or two in the direct, and then a week later they’ll be another proper Pokémon trailer with more info.
They're sort of running out of time though, so I think now would be a good time to start cranking up the reveals. The number of new Pokemon hasn't even exceeded 20 yet, and Wheezing and Zigzagoon are the only Galarian Forms we know about.

That's what makes me think we'll get something bigger here soon.

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe when we get SNK person revealed, we'll finally get the other 3 Heroes as emotes...

Haha...

Ha.....

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Ugh. October is too far away.

I need to know if I regret ny decision as soon as possible.

For reference, I said I'll stick with Scorbunny, but I have a feeling Sobble will be more competitively viable. It simply seems standard fare for a Water starter to perform better than the other two. Only notable exceptions being Empoleon and maybe Blastoise after Megas were introduced.

Noipoi

Howdy!
They're sort of running out of time though, so I think now would be a good time to start cranking up the reveals. The number of new Pokemon hasn't even exceeded 20 yet, and Wheezing and Zigzagoon are the only Galarian Forms we know about.

That’s how they did it last year. The September direct had a Let’s Go trailer, and there was another a week or so later.

Of course there’s nothing saying they have to follow LGPE’s example. But it’s both the most recent game and the only Switch game. I’m just making educated guesses.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
How is it that Banjo ISN'T the character that shirt is most out of place wearing it?

Friendly reminder Mario was supposed to have a Link costume at some point in Mario Odyssey's development.

Imagine if they put in a Mario outfit for Link.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

You're right. Which is kinda why I think we're getting another SwSh direct relatively soon.

Because if this game has as many new Pokemon as the average gen, they need to start revealing them.... like now.

We still haven't even seen 2nd Evos yet. And idk if that's abnormal for Pokemon reveals, but it seems to be going very slowly.

That’s how they did it last year. The September direct had a Let’s Go trailer, and there was another a week or so later.

Of course there’s nothing saying they have to follow LGPE’s example. But it’s both the most recent game and the only Switch game. I’m just making educated guesses.
Still, it's kinda hard to compare this to LGPE in terms of pre-release cycle because this is an entirely new Gen we're dealing with.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Calling it now direct is announced tomorrow it airs Wednesday or Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom