• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
For me personally this has been a hype day all around. Had some close family visit, there are cool Smash rumors with cred to get behind, and I just found out the Shield Hero anime is not just getting 2nd Season, but a 3rd Season as well.

Admittedly the 1st Season changed a lot of things for the worst and had **** pacing, but hopefully that now they know it can make it's money back there won't be the weird crunch time or focus on turning it into a more run-of-the-mill isekai.

Would assume that since they announced both at the same time, they won't be 25 episode seasons like before. I guess they could divide the Spirit Tortoise arc and Kyo arc into two separate Seasons, but that would only cover <3.5 volumes/Vol 9 out of 22. Either way I'm loving this new artwork:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Well, Cloud was the main character of FF7 but I'm not really sure if he's the mascot of FF in general.

Definitely one of the most iconic, yeah.

So given Terry's more iconic status, I'd wager a bet on him because he'd sell more.

But I suppose we've never actually had a MC not take precedence when a new franchise was presented. Isabelle did get in after Villager, after all.

BUT! I bring Pikachu to the stands. Not a main character of anything beyond a few select specials and mostly relevant as a secondary or support character due to mascot status.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
For me personally this has been a hype day all around. Had some close family visit, there are cool Smash rumors with cred to get behind, and I just found out the Shield Hero anime is not just getting 2nd Season, but a 3rd Season as well.

Admittedly the 1st Season changed a lot of things for the worst and had **** pacing, but hopefully that now they know it can make it's money back there won't be the weird crunch time or focus on turning it into a more run-of-the-mill isekai.

Would assume that since they announced both at the same time, they won't be 25 episode seasons like before. I guess they could divide the Spirit Tortoise arc and Kyo arc into two separate Seasons, but that would only cover <3.5 volumes/Vol 9 out of 22. Either way I'm loving this new artwork:

Implying a s2 and 3 is a good thing

Slime Master

Smash Ace
I mean, I'd be down for Nakoruru don't get me wrong, but now we're being told that the bird is not the word.

The bird was one of the main reasons everyone even assumed Nakoruru, and if it has nothing to do with SNK, then that sticks a fork in that chicken.
See, I thought the big thing in her favor was the whole "fighting game girl who uses a boomerang-type-thing", which is till alive.

Shroob

Sup?
See, I thought the big thing in her favor was the whole "fighting game girl who uses a boomerang-type-thing", which is till alive.
Sure, but as is, Milk Bosatu, the person who said that, could just be as credible as any 4chan leak.

Right now, all eyes are on Sabi, and Verg, though I doubt Verg will say anything.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I wonder if Banjo & Kazooie will break the 4th wall in some way, like in their games.

I.e. on one of their victory screens, and they do their pose: if you just wait at that screen without continuing, they could start looking around without breaking character, and could start to look annoyed like “when are you going to end this...?”
Banjo playing a Switch.

Why do I get these thoughts when I know it's never happening.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So if I recall, Hero was released before the due date of it being taken down. That was the last day of EVO Smash championships. So the Due Date for Banjo is the 15th so we are due to see Banjo between now and then. Probably that week before the 15th.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I mean by this point my wings have been clipped on Hawkgang.

The question is, who's it for KoF?

Terry is 'the dude' everyone thinks of, but I can't deny that Kyo's the MC of the series, it's just down to the Heihachi dilemma. Do you pick the MC, or the 'mascot'.
If were talking just KoF rn (and that's still an if)...

Then I have a very hard time believing that Kyo would be chosen over Terry tbh.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
It's either sometime next week or this week if the 15th truly is the expiration date we have.

So like... I dunno, man. Whatever Nintendo wants to do.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Enough of leak talk. Have you guys ever thought on how Pokemon Trainer has animations you won't see in regular gameplay thanks to World of Light? He has a jump, downed, get up, and drowning animation that in normal gameplay, you will not see.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Welp, guess what my first activity is concerning today’s drama surrounding a specific maker of vidya games.
4A4AE3A7-1B83-43C7-BBB1-A48EF9DA936E.jpeg

My priorities are weird, but at least we finally have something Smash-related to talk about.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
The simple times when Spring Man, Decidueye, and Rex & Pyra were the most talked about and seemed likely.

Those naive thoughts surrounding Dixie, Bandana Waddle Dee, and Captain Toad/Waluigi getting in.

The debates over Ridley and King K...

What fun times

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The simple times when Spring Man, Decidueye, and Rex & Pyra were the most talked about and seemed likely.

Those naive thoughts surrounding Dixie, Bandana Waddle Dee, and Captain Toad/Waluigi getting in.

The debates over Ridley and King K...

What fun times
Then people thought Geno was likely after getting Ridley and K. Rool.. Good times..

D

Deleted member

The dlc is Edelgard, Bandanna Dee, Poochy, Rex, and a gen 8 Pokemon.

Trust me guys.
The dark days of DLC speculation before Joker came and stole our hearts
Glad that didn't last long

Last edited by a moderator:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Dude I'm looking back at all of the Banjo vs Steve ****. That stuff was gold, especially nearing the E3 presentation.
And the Stevebros’ reactions when Banjo made it? Classic! Especially wih how they attempted to acquire empathy by saying some little kids would be devastated by how Steve wasn’t in, when in reality they wouldn’t really care.
"Nintendo picked the DLC? Great, enjoy your shill picks. Gross promotion and corporate greed."
The tragedy of that is that a large majority of GoNintendo users think that that’s the case even moreso than prior to getting Joker, simply because the characters we have aren’t entirely beloved here in the west or closely linked to Nintendo at all. I’d link it to you, but the elitism is poisonous.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It's just gonna be HECCIN' weird having an SNK rep in Smash...

Especially since WAY back I was stanning hard for SNK for DLC by calling it "Arguably the 2nd most famous fighting game maker after Capcom globally".

D

Deleted member

And the Stevebros’ reactions when Banjo made it? Classic! Especially wih how they attempted to acquire empathy by saying some little kids would be devastated by how Steve wasn’t in, when in reality they wouldn’t really care.
You see, I didn't think of Banjo getting in as Steve fans vs. Banjo fans. I viewed it as a chance to harvest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom