• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Ugh. October is too far away.

I need to know if I regret ny decision as soon as possible.

For reference, I said I'll stick with Scorbunny, but I have a feeling Sobble will be more competitively viable. It simply seems standard fare for a Water starter to perform better than the other two. Only notable exceptions being Empoleon and maybe Blastoise after Megas were introduced.
At the very least, middle evos should be revealed soon and give you a better idea. They'll have to, considering how it's officially September.

That’s how they did it last year. The September direct had a Let’s Go trailer, and there was another a week or so later.

Of course there’s nothing saying they have to follow LGPE’s example. But it’s both the most recent game and the only Switch game. I’m just making educated guesses.
Fair enough. It's just harder to predict SwSh because it's not following any of the normal patterns we've come to expect. By now, a huge chunk of the new Pokemon would've been shown to us.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You're right. Which is kinda why I think we're getting another SwSh direct relatively soon.

Because if this game has as many new Pokemon as the average gen, they need to start revealing them.... like now.

We still haven't even seen 2nd Evos yet. And idk if that's abnormal for Pokemon reveals, but it seems to be going very slowly.

Still, it's kinda hard to compare this to LGPE in terms of pre-release cycle because this is an entirely new Gen we're dealing with.
People were upset that they revealed too much for Sun and Moon.

They took it to heart.

They took it a little too much.

Shroob

Sup?
Calling it now direct is announced tomorrow it airs Wednesday or Thursday
As much as I'd love to get it announced tomorrow, Tuesday/Wednesday for an announcement, with Wednesday being the final day it could be announced.

Tomorrow is ideal but too soon.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I mean, BotW 2 may have one. Don't lose hope just yet.

I can't wait for Link to start cheering "Yippee!!" with glee as he goes around slaying beasts and evil.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean, BotW 2 may have one. Don't lose hope just yet.

I can't wait for Link to start cheering "Yippee!!" with glee as he goes around slaying beasts and evil.
Can’t wait for BOTW2 speed runs to be nothing but

WAHOOOWAHAWAHOOOWAHAYAAAWHAOOYAHAWHAOOOWAHAWAHOOOOOOOOO-

D

Deleted member

I guess if we absolutely have to get an SNK rep I'd want Nekoruru for the Milk Bosatsu leak. Nekoruru could also have a unique moveset with her bird but mostly because of Milk Bosatsu.

Why do I want that leak specifically to be real? Cause it said we'd get a character from an already represented company/franchise and we're more than likely getting only 3rd party characters. I think it could be Geno but let's be honest that's a pipe dream and a half.

Shroob

Sup?
I guess if we absolutely have to get an SNK rep I'd want Nekoruru for the Milk Bosatsu leak. Nekoruru could also have a unique moveset with her bird but mostly because of Milk Bosatsu.

Why do I want that leak specifically to be real? Cause it said we'd get a character from an already represented company/franchise and we're more than likely getting only 3rd party characters. I think it could be Geno but let's be honest that's a pipe dream and a half.
I mean, to be the bearer of bad news:

If it IS Nakoruru and Hawkgang Hawkgang rises from the ashes like a phoenix

That lines up more with that leak that mentioned either Resident Evil OR Velvet Crowe, a Capcom OR Namco rep.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Implying a s2 and 3 is a good thing
Yeah I'm keeping my hype at a more reserved level after Season 1. Aside from the numerous character development moments they outright killed, they spent 3 episodes on 3 chapters in the Light Novel, but spent 1 episode on 7 chapters. They even briefly skipped ahead 5 Vols during the final episode. Okay anime, bad adaption.

I'm definitely excited at least for the potential for there to be better pacing, as well as that these two arcs feature macro world building and introduce several fun characters. It was obvious that the final episode of Season 1 had the production crew trying to find some semblance of an ending just in case they wouldn't be able to continue afterwards.

I wonder how people will react with Kizuna is introduced? It'll be fun to see the negative reactions from fanboys. Raph-chan will also probably get a lot of fan-art/Pokemon memes.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah I'm keeping my hype at a more reserved level after Season 1. Aside from the numerous character development moments they outright killed, they spent 3 episodes on 3 chapters in the Light Novel, but spent 1 episode on 7 chapters. They even briefly skipped ahead 5 Vols during the final episode. Okay anime, bad adaption.

I'm definitely excited at least for the potential for there to be better pacing, as well as that these two arcs feature macro world building and introduce several fun characters. It was obvious that the final episode of Season 1 had the production crew trying to find some semblance of an ending just in case they wouldn't be able to continue afterwards.

I wonder how people will react with Kizuna is introduced? It'll be fun to see the negative reactions from fanboys. Raph-chan will also probably get a lot of fan-art/Pokemon memes.
Ohh.... you think I like the series.... Yeah, that's a big no from me, chief. I've heard way too much **** like the MC's a huge incel and slavery's involved.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

That lines up more with that leak that mentioned either Resident Evil OR Velvet Crowe, a Capcom OR Namco rep.
Wait what? Never heard this leak before

Noipoi

Howdy!
Found this...

I need to know what this says :yoshi:
Don’t worry I got this

:ultgreninja:: My oh me! What a glorious day to exude mucus from your skin!
:ultgreninja:: Greetings, Pink Demon! Have you any insects to consume?
:ultkirby:: Nah, I’m outta bugs. But I am kinda hungry for frog legs...
:ultlink:: That’s the most screwed up thing I’ve seen in my life.
:ultpikachu:: I’d be terrified but the alcoholism has desensitized me.
:ultyoshi:: I ate a blue whale once. Took me a week to digest, it was terrible....I’d do it again though.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Dragunov_Ver.Rebellion_MSA_ground_long.gif
Dragunov_Ver.Rebellion_MSA_ground_close2.gif

damn i didnt know SNK still had incredible sprite animators working for them

there all just wasting away on a mobile metal slug game

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

If Hawkgang rises from the ashes like a

(also :ultbanjokazooie:er of bad news ****)

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Don’t worry I got this

:ultgreninja:: My oh me! What a glorious day to exude mucus from your skin!
:ultgreninja:: Greetings, Pink Demon! Have you any insects to consume?
:ultkirby:: Nah, I’m outta bugs. But I am kinda hungry for frog legs...
:ultlink:: That’s the most screwed up thing I’ve seen in my life.
:ultpikachu:: I’d be terrified but the alcoholism has desensitized me.
:ultyoshi:: I ate a blue whale once. Took me a week to digest, it was terrible....I’d do it again though.
Huh... I appreciate it

I think :yoshi:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So if the SNK rep is Nakoruru(and evidence points to it being her), then no Doubt IMO that the last character is Tales or RE, since it would confirm IMO that the guy who posted that 5ch rumor with what his sources claim are Nakoruru, and RE(or?) is likely an insider like Shinobi, Sabi etc.

Shroob

Sup?
So if the SNK rep is Nakoruru(and evidence points to it being her), then no Doubt IMO that the last character is Tales or RE, since it would confirm IMO that the guy who posted that 5ch rumor with what his sources claim are Nakoruru, and RE(or?) is likely an insider like Shinobi, Sabi etc.
I throw 'HEAVY' shade in that leak's general direction, to be blunt.

How could it be 'one or the other'. You'd assume when dealing with big IPs like that, they'd already hammer out the finer details.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ohh.... you think I like the series.... Yeah, that's a big no from me, chief. I've heard way too much **** like the MC's a huge incel and slavery's involved.
That's disappointing to hear, but fair enough. I know the first episode/few chapters are hard to sit through. I can tell where this conversation is going.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I throw 'HEAVY' shade in that leak's general direction, to be blunt.

How could it be 'one or the other'. You'd assume when dealing with big IPs like that, they'd already hammer out the finer details.
"We've pretty much got everyone for our season pass. Oh ****, we forgot Banjo. Um, Capcom could we take back Resident Evil? We'll trade that in for a Ken in the base, I'll whip him up quickly. Nintendo, schedule an emergency meeting with Phil immediately."

Actually happened.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
RE should still not be discounted even so.

A very iconic and relevant series.

So many possible reps, though.

Shroob

Sup?
If the leak just said "Oh it's RE" or "Oh it's Velvet", I'd consider it if we got Nakoruru.

But "Either or" is REAL SUS HOURS.

Shroob

Sup?
ngl Velvet Crowe I still hard stan against.

Her outfit is just..... lolno.

Cool character design, but it's not fit for Smash.

D

Deleted member

Well Geno has always been a pipe dream so I'm not surprised there's nothing going for him. Geno isn't getting in what was I talking about. But you may be correct I haven't checked all the fancy details of that Milk guy's leak after all. So sure it very well may be Hawkgang Hawkgang.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
King of Fighters is a legendary game series. They were among few who could go toe to toe with Capcom in the 90s when they were basically on top of the world in the arcades. SNK's games and IP were so amazing that Capcom did crossover games with them. (Capcom vs. SNK 2 anyone?)
I am also of the opinion that King of Fighters XII has some of the best spritework for a video game, ever. And this is coming from someone who fanboys over 3rd Strike on a daily basis. Y'all gotta put some respect on SNK's name.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Ah... nothing like playing random online BBTAG matches at like... 2 in the morning b/c you've got nothing else better to do.

I suck so badly at this game.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
we're really getting a repeat of the base roster with the DLC, huh. they already showed off the big guns so now it's the inevitable disappointment. you can claim they're important to gaming history all you like, that doesn't make them interesting or well-known. we say something that is done for or dead "is history" for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom