• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Pokemon discussion again--seems civil... for now. :lol: Still, I'm going to casually avoid that hot potato. *whistles*

As for graphics--my issue is when a game is made primarily with graphics in mind, at the detriment to the gameplay. I think it's too extreme to say "graphics don't matter". An example where it's detrimental, I'd take Yooka-Laylee, for instance--I didn't need a 3D platformer with modern graphics, I just needed a Banjo-Threeie (with things changed to avoid any... legal difficulties...). Had they scaled down the graphics, made a similar amount of smaller worlds to the original games, I would have enjoyed it far more. The graphics didn't matter as much to me, and by focusing on graphics on a limited budget, it meant everything had to be scaled weirdly where there were only 5 worlds that were huge, but barren, and the same characters/enemies popped up over and over again. That's an example where graphics (probably) negatively impacted the gameplay.

And I feel that way whenever I watch an Xbox or Playstation conference. "The visuals are stunning, they look so realistic and the worlds are so big yet insanely detai..." "I... don't... care... where's the gameplay?" Which is why I love Nintendo, since they focus primarily on gameplay. That being said, one of the things I loved about Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Smash Ultimate is that the graphics do look stunning, and way better than previous iterations (that I've played). To say graphics don't matter takes away a huge part of the game--it's just, in my opinion, not what the primary focus should be.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

oh shoot, guess who has a keyboard and made it to 200 twitter followers?
<---- THIS GUY RIGHT HERE

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
S&S look fine tbh. I mean, it has been proven that they did touch up the graphics since E3 happened, and from the initial reveal, they touched up the graphics a lot.

It looks just fine now, but looking at the initial trailer, it just pales.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
S&S look fine tbh. I mean, it has been proven that they did touch up the graphics since E3 happened, and from the initial reveal, they touched up the graphics a lot.

It looks just fine now, but looking at the initial trailer, it just pales.
They have been slowly improving the graphics. It's still probably not as good as people want, but it's notably better.

Posting this again for reference.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The best part about the Snake "Good Ass Tekken" joke from last night?

I'm sorry, I meant worst smh

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So..... outside of Nintendo directs there are no potential times for new reveals for the rest of the year. And for me at least, nothing cool was revealed at either event and both actively depressed me.....

2019 sucked. I really hope 2020 does better. But given the history of the dev team I don’t have much hope.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So..... outside of Nintendo directs there are no potential times for new reveals for the rest of the year. And for me at least, nothing cool was revealed at either event and both actively depressed me.....

2019 sucked. I really hope 2020 does better. But given the history of the dev team I don’t have much hope.
We got a lot of good stuff in last year's September Direct though. There was AC, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Isabelle's reveal.

Don't know what they'll reveal this year, but at least you'll know what to expect for 2020.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
They have been slowly improving the graphics. It's still probably not as good as people want, but it's notably better.

Posting this again for reference.
I'm not going to make any grandiose claims. But I will say, watching that video, I could not tell a single difference myself, even with the highlighted regions. And in some case, kept mixing up the old and new versions in my head. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
The best part about the Snake "Good *** Tekken" joke from last night?

I'm sorry, I meant worst smh
It still baffles me how someone at EVO would think this was a good idea to begin with.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
day 4

still listening to Take Over

i require food and sustenance, i have not seen my family in 98 hours

GhostM

Phantom
Looks like evo is in some hot water right now. Apparently there was a snake character reveal in Tekken, but it was placed there as a joke without evo consulting Bandai Namco neither Konami. The English voice actor for snake, David Hayter, has a contract where he cannot use Snake to promote other games besides the ones he appear in, and they used voice clips without consulting him, which looks bad on his contract.

D

Deleted member

Looks like evo is in some hot water right now. Apparently there was a snake character reveal in Tekken, but it was placed there as a joke without evo consulting Bandai Namco neither Konami. The English voice actor for snake, David Hayter, has a contract where he cannot use Snake to promote other games besides the ones he appear in, and they used voice clips without consulting him, which looks bad on his contract.
Yeah, as far as voice over goes, that is a NIGHTMARE. Like, David Hayter may be in real hot water.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It still baffles me how someone at EVO would think this was a good idea to begin with.
The best part is that there are now three parties that can legally sue for damages. Konami, Bandai-Namco, and David Hayter.

GhostM

Phantom
My question is how did they even obtained a voice clip of David Hayter saying “That was some good *** tekken”?

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
and yeah 2chan is where the name for a certain character people might recognise was directly lifted from

1565028157540.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom