• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klimax

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure nobody said that he's going to jail...
I never said that people said that. I'm saying that it's not as serious as people want it to be. Big companies are not hysterical like people on social medias, they know how to analyze a situation before reacting.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
David's going to jail?
If anything, it would be the guy who decided to go forward with that joke that would go to jail. I'm sure using audio and redistributing it without permission (in which you stole from a commision) is... plagarism
But I don't he's going to jail.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
David's going to jail?
If anything, it would be the guy who decided to go forward with that joke that would go to jail. I'm sure using audio and redistributing it without permission (in which you stole from a commision) is... plagarism
But I don't he's going to jail.
I'm pretty sure he's the one who paid for the clip...

GhostM

Phantom
I'm pretty sure he's the one who paid for the clip...
Yeah, but the contract states that David Hayter cannot use Snake to promote other games, and in this instance a voice clip of his was used to promote tekken, which looks really bad on his part even though it’s not his fault since he wasn’t even consulted about it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey so uh

Damn, David going OFF on EVO

...as it should be.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Harada is also not too happy about this whole mess. Says in one of the many tweets about this he might get into professional trouble simply because of this stunt.

Translations come courtesy of Go2Fail on the Kappa subreddit.

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/1158344975278432257

Explaining this to Japanese. EVO deliberately shows a short clip of me and Snake having short conversation to the viewers in the arena (didn't show on stream) during the break period after the finals. After the clip was shown, Bamco protest against EVO and it was found that the clip was made solely by EVO. There are also other clips that we didn't have any knowledge of.

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/1158346147192115200

EVO have apologize to us and tweeted an explanation on their twitter. From this clip there were many people that had high expectation and people that was mad because there aren't any official announcement afterwards. For me, I especially feel sorry to both Konami and Kojima-san (even though we didn't do anything wrong)

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/1158347324076068865

Since the Tekken finals was hype and the Season 3 announcement after went well, it was whatever. But this somehow made me think of the time I met Kojima-san at PAX Seattle which he said "People mistaken me for you at the airport!"

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/1158348223494283264

The devs team said "If you go talk with Konami and somehow got the license we'll try our best to make something in time" and I was like I'm also in trouble after I go back to Japan, ya know? and like I don't even know where to go or who to talk to, so lets just leave this at this.

I am the one who was surprised the most after all!

When asked by Japanese user if this is somehow their marketing masterplan https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/1158388886298431489

I mean, what do we have to gain from weird marketing like this? If we announce it normally it's going to be successful anyway. Announcing it like this only leave bad tastes in everyone mouth.

If we wanted to create hype we're going to do it in positive way not leaving a bad impression.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Yeah, but the contract states that David Hayter cannot use Snake to promote other games, and in this instance a voice clip of his was used to promote tekken, which looks really bad on his part even though it’s not his fault since he wasn’t even consulted about it.
I know. Mighty was saying the dude had stolen the clip, which isn't true. I don't know anything about what sort of policies David has set up with cameo and how his clips can be used.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Someone on another forum said this regarding the whole mess.

BackwardCap said:
This is akin to them showing a Smash trailer and then moments later, Artsy Omni walks onto the stage and shrugs.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Harada is also not too happy about this whole mess. Says in one of the many tweets about this he might get into professional trouble simply because of this stunt.

Translations come courtesy of Go2Fail on the Kappa subreddit.
i love how harada/namco's first reaction was "damn now we gotta make this happen"

1565030998535.png

GhostM

Phantom
I know. Mighty was saying the dude had stolen the clip, which isn't true. I don't know anything about what sort of policies David has set up with cameo and how his clips can be used.
Ah okay, a little confusion on my part but thanks for clearing it up. I’m pretty sure that you’re allowed to use his clips but only in a non commercial way. If you use it like evo did or in a way to profit your own game, you’ll be in a heap of trouble.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel like, even if it wasn't stolen, he still used Harada without his permission, and did something that can get Hayter in legal trouble, which... I feel likes breaks some type of law.

Idk, not an expert.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
harada when he goes online and sees people getting hype over a character they aren't making

1565031308395.png

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Someone on another forum said this regarding the whole mess.
To be fair, Omni's Rayman leak was pretty impressive. After showing us his process, I couldn't even be mad.

Plus, his stunt didn't cause any legal problems, unlike this one, where lawsuits involving thousands of dollars are a possibility.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
User was warned for this post; one-word spam
EVO is in hot water for using voice clips of David Hayter, Solid Snake's VA, as a joke for Tekken 7 without consulting Hayter, Konami, and Bandai Namco about it. it.
Yikes

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Actually the voice clip used was taken from someone’s meme, so they didn’t even ask David for it themselves.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
EVO is in hot water for using voice clips of David Hayter, Solid Snake's VA, as a joke for Tekken 7 without consulting Hayter, Konami, and Bandai Namco about it.
As someone who really wants Snake in Tekken. I’m super pissed. Especially sense any other guest character they could get is going to pale in comparison.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, Omni's Rayman leak was pretty impressive. After showing us his process, I couldn't even be mad.
I was mad.
I still am.
That sadistic little man got my hopes up
at the time, Rayman was my MOST WANTED CHARACTER FOR SMASH
IT LOOKED SO REAL AND IT WASN'T

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
At least EVO didn't try to do this.

Majiebeast said:
Should have played a sound clip of Goku saying kamehamea during Smash winners finals for complete chaos.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was mad.
I still am.
That sadistic little man got my hopes up
at the time, Rayman was my MOST WANTED CHARACTER FOR SMASH
IT LOOKED SO REAL AND IT WASN'T
For real, it was in 2015, how are you not over it? It was a harmless goof.

ArtsyOmni is a good dude and people were legit sending him death threats on this site's own Rayman thread.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Here's all I know:
In March, a Tekken Streamer used a Cameo to get Hayter to record the line "That's some good ass Tekken", which was used whenever he got a donation.
Flash forward to yesterday, that line was used again aftet Tekken GFs.
However, the one who did the cameo wasn't the one who decided to go forward with that joke.
However, the one who commisioned the Cameo had ties to Evo.

My head hurts

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My favorite part about ArtsyOmni was that it was a great reminder to never put too much stock in leaks now matter how "real" they look.

One we all immediately forgot when a blurry image of a Grinch got posted.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
My favorite part about ArtsyOmni was that it was a great reminder to never put too much stock in leaks now matter how "real" they look.

One we all immediately forgot when a blurry image of a Grinch got posted.
The Grinch leak was believed for the story, not the image by itself.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Omni is a troll who managed to both piss off an entire character fanbase and wisen the entire Smash community up for the better. Weird dude. He's alright, I guess.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
omni: "haha made this decent-looking art i guess, why don't we post it to 4chan and see how long it takes people to debunk"

eight hours later

omni: "ah ****ing ****"

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Omni is a troll who managed to both piss off an entire character fanbase and wisen the entire Smash community up for the better. Weird dude. He's alright, I guess.
A necessary evil some might say.

They hated his message, but he opened the way to all of us about leaks...

Well, for some time at least.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The Grinch leak was believed for the story, not the image by itself.
No, it was definitely both. I remember how people were using a green pixel from the Isaac artwork bleeding into Olimar as proof that the image was real.

Then there were people who said that it was practically impossible for the image to be fake because it would take too much work to move every single character from the banner and rearrange them so that the new characters would fit, and that no Smash fan was crazy enough to go through all that trouble for a fake leak.

And then November 1st came. I got a Pokemon character while everyone else got salt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom