• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Did you guys hear of the huge leak?
2000+ Game Journalists and YouTubers who were special atendees at E3 got their personal info leaked completely. 100% Doxxed. Yikes.
Worst part is the games media has gone complete messenger shooting on the person who broke the story, after said person did everything to inform the ESA but was ignored.

StormC

Smash Hero
So... what does everyone think is next?
Like, for Smash?

I think the next fighter will be announced in a September Direct along with a confirmation that Banjo will be dropped in October.

If you had to make me guess who the fighter would be, Ryu Hayabusa.

GhostM

Phantom
Like, for Smash?

I think the next fighter will be announced in a September Direct along with a confirmation that Banjo will be dropped in October.

That’s my favorite classic NES Character. Hope he makes it in, since other classic characters such as Simon, Mega Man, and Pac-Man were able to get in.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
this is also a powerful image, please use it wisely
1565033713812.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Like, for Smash?

I kind of meant in general in the video game world. But yeah. That’s probably what’s next for Smash.

Except Ryu Hayabusa. I really doubt that one.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think he's a dark horse. Koei-Tecmo has a strong relationship with Nintendo and he has a history dating back to the NES with a lot of moveset potential.

Not a lock or anything though.

The only lock is a Resident Evil character.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Took me so long to figure out how to type corner brackets by myself. Now I can tag someone like Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof very easily. Why this took me months, I don't know.

If only this part was true.
I did mention for some time, of course, we were all temped by the dark side again, but hey, after that "leak", the community got a cold shower to say the least and became somewhat more careful, again, for a time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I kind of meant in general in the video game world. But yeah. That’s probably what’s next for Smash.

For general video games, probably not much outside of big releases we already know about like Death Stranding, Borderlands 3, Pokemon, etc. All of the big announcements are out there and we're in the weird transitional period where the new generation is just on the horizon and stuff for the current gen is gonna start slowing dow.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
For Smash?

Likelihood wise I have no idea. But man I'd love an Edelgard reveal.
If Edie get in, can I at least get a Dimitri & Claude alt?

Blue & Yellow after all, would be cool for team & be a cool reference.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
No, it was definitely both. I remember how people were using a green pixel from the Isaac artwork bleeding into Olimar as proof that the image was real.

Then there were people who said that it was practically impossible for the image to be fake because it would take too much work to move every single character from the banner and rearrange them so that the new characters would fit, and that no Smash fan was crazy enough to go through all that trouble for a fake leak.

And then November 1st came. I got a Pokemon character while everyone else got salt.
Not to mention the silliest reason anyone believed it, which was because it contradicted the Box Theory.

I was mostly neutral on Box Theory debates and would play devil's advocate for either side, but dang if people weren't desperate to disprove it.

StormC

Smash Hero
Why are we still talking about the Grinch Leak after nine months? Geez guys.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also while i have Powerful Image to hand, here is number 1 in top 10 anime transformations
1565034736526.png
oh my god just look at her i'm so proud

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Now that Banjo Kazooie got in, start asking for Conker
Nah. I liked Conker, but I don't have any interest in seeing him in Smash.
I would have taken him before Banjo for sure, but alas it does not work that way...

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Conker as an assist trophy who gets drunk and proceeds to pi-

Okay, maybe not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom