• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

My question is how did they even obtained a voice clip of David Hayter saying “That was some good *** tekken”?
Theory: There are expert YTPers on the EVO staff that can sentence mix things seamlessly

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm not going to make any grandiose claims. But I will say, watching that video, I could not tell a single difference myself, even with the highlighted regions. And in some case, kept mixing up the old and new versions in my head. :lol:
Some are more subtle than others, but there's definitely some significant improvement.

The snowy scene is an obvious one. The lighting has been changed, and the snow is more detailed. The Pokeball is also significantly more detailed and looks less flat.

The grassy battle scene is another. The background is clearer and less faded, more details are added such as additional hills and trees, and the grass pattern on the ground is more detailed.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
The best part about the Snake "Good *** Tekken" joke from last night?

I'm sorry, I meant worst smh
Yeah... that was a really dumb move on EVO’s part.

Because now, Bandai Namco, Konami, and Hayter now have reasonable ground to sue them.

So yeah, they could be paying big time for that.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I couldn't even hear Snake over all the screaming, honestly.
That's because they thought he was a new character.

Imagine waking up to this, learning not only that Snake is not a new character, but they used voice clips without permission just to make a bad joke that wasn't even that funny in hindsight.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
My question is how did they even obtained a voice clip of David Hayter saying “That was some good *** tekken”?
Snake, Otacon, and Colonels voice actor do fan requests all the time. It's how we got Otacon warning Snake about Miku.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
That's because they thought he was a new character.

Imagine waking up to this, learning not only that Snake is not a new character, but they used voice clips without permission just to make a bad joke that isn't even that funny in hindsight.
I'm aware that they thought it was a new character.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
They got it through cameo, a service that lets you request celebrities to say stuff for you. Paid, of course, I think to get David Hayter to say something it's around $50. It's sort of like Fivver.

Klimax

Smash Ace
I don't care about them using voice clips without permission, it's none of my business anyway.

It was still stupid to do that. But people are way too sensible. "It's going to kill the hype for tekken", "it's really not ok to do that". Calm down, it's video games, it's not serious.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of handheld RPGs making the upgrade to the Switch

Plz Nintendo: the reason the BIS remake bombed was cos the 3DS was on its death spiral and it was a pretty unnecessary remake, all things considered

Give us a Wario and Waluigi RPG, or one where we can cultivate a whole party like a more traditional RPG

I'm sure a new Mario & Luigi game is coming, it's just that they can't reuse the Dream Team engine anymore so it's gonna take longer
Wario and waluigi partners in crime when?
The best part is that there are now three parties that can legally sue for damages. Konami, Bandai-Namco, and David Hayter.
EVO 2019: Three Houses

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I don't care about them using voice clips without permission, it's none of my business anyway.

It was still stupid to do that. But people are way too sensible. "It's going to kill the hype for tekken", "it's really not ok to do that". Calm down, it's video games, it's not serious.
It's not serious, but if Konami pushes for it they could sue Evo

Both Konami and Namco have grounds to sue.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We got a lot of good stuff in last year's September Direct though. There was AC, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Isabelle's reveal.

Don't know what they'll reveal this year, but at least you'll know what to expect for 2020.
Unless we get Bayonetta 3 or Donkey Kong. Or Microsoft partners with Nintendo to give us rareware games on Switch, or marvel pulls a UA3 and reveals MvC4 as a Switch exclusive. I am probably gonna be back here saying the same things. Nintendo doesn’t have a lot that can really hype me.

A new State of Play, now that has potential to excite me. But probably won’t considering Sony’s new stance of fewer games with bigger budgets and scope with an emphasis on story and realism.

Then there’s The Game Awards. Which probably won’t have anything either because 2019 is determined to make me cry as much as possible.

Shroob

Sup?
We got a lot of good stuff in last year's September Direct though. There was AC, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Isabelle's reveal.

Don't know what they'll reveal this year, but at least you'll know what to expect for 2020.
Ngl, surprised you think we'll get a September direct with how "EXTREEEEEEEEME caution" you use for speculation.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Ace Attorney 7 at the TGS next month please.

Capcom, please.
You left on a cliffhanger. It's been three years. Do it.
Dooooooooo iiiiiiiiiittt.

I think it's about time we got a new DK, although I am hoping for a grandiose Star Fox title NOT made by Miyamoto still.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyway I don’t buy the Pokémon rumor that predicted the news date. It’s copying way to much from other fakes. Not to mention August is usually when we get starter evolutions and with release fast approaching this would make a lot of sense

Shroob

Sup?
Anyway I don’t buy the Pokémon rumor that predicted the news date. It’s copying way to much from other fakes. Not to mention August is usually when we get starter evolutions and with release fast approaching this would make a lot of sense
Why am I not surprised there's another rumor.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Big concern is that Hayter himself could be in hot water because it sounds like his contract states that he cannot use his voice to promote other games, them using that fan clip at an event like EVO could led to him getting in trouble with Konami.

It was completely irresponsible regardless.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think that the most well-hidden secret in gaming is that you can fast-fall in the Chrome Dinosaur Game

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Big concern is that Hayter himself could be in hot water because it sounds like his contract states that he cannot use his voice to promote other games, them using that fan clip at an event like EVO could led to him getting in trouble with Konami.
Imagine the backlash if David Hayter got in trouble for that, something that was out of his control.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Ngl, surprised you think we'll get a September direct with how "EXTREEEEEEEEME caution" you use for speculation.
Nintendo has been giving us Nintendo Directs in September for several years now. I'm not saying it'll definitely happen that month since patterns are made to be broken, but I expect a Direct in that general timeframe. Maybe early October.

Klimax

Smash Ace

It was completely irresponsible regardless.
It's useless drama, we all know it was not intentional and that his voice got used without his permission. Once again, people can calm down, David Hayter is not going to jail.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's useless drama, we all know it was not intentional and that his voice got used without his permission. Once again, people can calm down, David Hayter is not going to jail.
I'm pretty sure nobody said that he's going to jail...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Of course he's not going to jail. Nobody is saying that. He can, however, have difficulties getting hired after something like this because it goes against his contract.

EVO's a circus with too many clowns anyway. It's about time they landed in some hot water. Maybe now there'll be some actual change in management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom