• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Give me more crazy third parties, then Edelgard as a stand-alone DLC. Please, thanks, bye.
I'd be down for that..honestly, its what I want them to do after this initial Fighter Pass is just do a second one with 1st & 2nd Party characters and make a bit cheaper since they wouldn't come with Stages or as much music, since most wouldn't really need either.
I actually never thought about the Sword of the Creator, that would actually make her a really interesting addition. Although I wonder if it would be hard to balance a sword that long. Even without the fact that it extends, that sword is ****ing massive.
Honestly, it likely wouldn't be that hard..I mean, we have Cloud wielding an even more massive sword already and The Sword of the Creator actually looks like its roughly the same size in its base form as Link's Master Sword is in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Say the last two DLC fighters are Byleth (Male & Female)/Edelgard and an Gen 8 Pokemon. How would you guys feel about that and overall with this Season Pass?
For me it it'd be boring, unless the Pokemon was insanely cool. The overall pass would only be okay for me, because Banjo and Hero seem cool enough. But the last (hypothetical) two aren't my cup of tea I guess.

There's some other first parties they could use, and I'd be more interested in them instead.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Nobody:

Me: Luigi, as based around Vinesauce corruptions, would make for a good move-set. Time to make it.
Way ahead of you, friendo.

Neutral B: Glitchball, deals poison on hit
Side B: Speed Luigi, works as a tether recovery
Up B: Random Glitch Teleport
Down B: SPEEN

StormC

Smash Hero
Say the last two DLC fighters are Byleth (Male & Female)/Edelgard and an Gen 8 Pokemon. How would you guys feel about that and overall with this Season Pass?
I'd be pretty whelmed. Joker and Banjo are already more than worth the $18 + coins I spent on the Fighters Pass, but a 3H character would do nothing for me. Pokemon could be fun. I'd basically be 3/5 on the Pass.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I don't really know. It certainly looks to me like it could be longer than the Buster Sword, but that might also just be the fact that female Byleth looks tiny.
Its really not that big, like I said, its more akin to Link's Master Sword in Smash Ultimate..or, if its not that size, it could easily be scaled to that same size..regardless, its nowhere near the size of Cloud's Buster Sword, which is about as big as he is.
The Sword of the Creator could also be comparable in size to Ike's Ragnell.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
In all seriousness, I’d be okay with it.

Joker’s aight, Hero’s fun. Banjo & Kazooie look amazing, they made the whole fighter’s pass worth it for me. Easily the best dlc characters on my opinion.

Byleth does absolutely nothing for me, and it’d depend on the Pokémon. Zacian or Corviknight would be cool, I guess.

I’d rather the dlc be all new third party series, tbh. Makes things more interesting.

D

Deleted member

Got Banjo don't care
Though now that I'm playing Three Houses I would actually like Edelgard

Last edited by a moderator:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
So she's just a reeeeeeeeeeeeally tiny woman then.
Its still not the size of the Buster Sword and, honestly, I think she looks smaller in that artwork than she actually is..regardless, here's male Byleth, who's size would likely be the one chosen with female Byleth scaled to match like was done with Robin and Corrin (kinda Lucina too, she looks smaller in Awakening than in Smash, likely due to being scaled to match Marth since she was also once a costume)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd sigh, look at who we already got, realize I can leave them unbought if I truly didn't want them, go to the CSS, make the announcer go "BanjoBanjoBanjoBanjoBanjoBanjoBanjoBanjo and Kazooie!" and go :awesome:.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Honestly, I feel like the odd one out in that I'd be more hyped for Byleth than I am for Banjo-Kazooie..it likely has to do with the fact that while I loved the N64 classics, I also haven't played them in 20 or so years at this point..the only character I wanted that I've gotten as DLC so far is Joker (not counting last game, wherein I got Mewtwo, Cloud, and Bayonetta).

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Honestly, I feel like the odd one out in that I'd be more hyped for Byleth than I am for Banjo-Kazooie..it likely has to do with the fact that while I loved the N64 classics, I also haven't played them in 20 or so years at this point..the only character I wanted that I've gotten as DLC so far is Joker (not counting last game, wherein I got Mewtwo, Cloud, and Bayonetta).
Ditto over here, but for different reasons. Banjo and Kazooie are the most hyped characters in years for several truckloads of people, and I'm included in that crowd. But if a character like Shantae or Spyro were to be added, I would be completely over the moon. It might seem unlikely at the moment, the former due to her spirit (just a reminder, we have no official word on if they deconfirm yet), and the latter because Activision, but that's just going to let the rest of the DLC cycle even more exciting, especially if we wind up getting a second round!

Calling it now, Crash is gonna be revealed as the last fighter for the Fighter Pass, then Spyro is revealed immediately afterwards to reveal a second pass. It'd be such a SORA way to go in regards to the trailers.
No, I don't mean the character, I mean the company that made Ultimate.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Ditto over here, but for different reasons. Banjo and Kazooie are the most hyped characters in years for several truckloads of people, and I'm included in that crowd. But if a character like Shantae or Spyro were to be added, I would be completely over the moon. It might seem unlikely at the moment, the former due to her spirit (just a reminder, we have no official word on if they deconfirm yet), and the latter because Activision, but that's just going to let the rest of the DLC cycle even more exciting, especially if we wind up getting a second round!

Calling it now, Crash is gonna be revealed as the last fighter for the Fighter Pass, then Spyro is revealed immediately afterwards to reveal a second pass. It'd be such a SORA way to go in regards to the trailers.
If there's one character that I could say that I legitimately want left, it'd have to be Crash.

Mario vs Sonic vs Crash is a 90's kids wet dream.

StormC

Smash Hero
Crash is the character I've stuck my flag in at this point even though he wouldn't come close to the K. Rool/Banjo/Ridley hype. It's just nice to have something to root for to keep speculation from getting boring. All that's left for me is B-tier hype choices, not a bad thing, just means that Sakurai has done an incredible job making all my hopes and dreams come true.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
If there's one character that I could say that I legitimately want left, it'd have to be Crash.

Mario vs Sonic vs Crash is a 90's kids wet dream.
I know, that's why I'm in support of Crash. It already adds to the OoT VS. FFVII war we already have, and it'd just add more and more ways for a true Nintendo VS. Playstation clash. Plus, the irony of Smash being considered the real PSASBR would be even more glorious than it already is right now (just to be clear, I enjoyed that game).

Now, on to your earlier post:
I'm gonna start a war.

*Ahem*

Bird theory
What are we endlessly speculating about now?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Crash I'd give a much, MUCH bigger chance than Spyro to be blunt.

Besides being Sony's 'main' mascot in the 90's, Crash actually had success in Japan..... unlike Spyro who never even had his 3rd game imported due to how badly they ****ed the games.

Crash's revival happened before Ultimate even was shown off, while I'm not saying he's likely, it's definitely possible.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If you're gonna put baby versions of characters in Mario Kart Nintendo, at least put in the OG baby...

They've been around for as long as my boi has :yoshi:
If I make Captain Toad a middleweight or any other change that results in an open spot for the lightweight section, I’ll incorporate Baby Yoshi in my roster

D

Deleted member

If I'm being honest, my only real hope is that one of the remaining characters is someone that is glossed over by the speculation. Like Joker or Bayonetta.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

Crash seems possible, if only due to his massive popularity in Japan..not Spyro though, his games really didn't do that well in Japan and I firmly believe that a great many 3rd Party characters would take priority over him..beyond that, Activision is, well, kinda greedy..I could see them denying use of either one simply due to wanting more money than they'd get normally..so I think that Sakurai/Nintendo would rather just license 1 character from them rather than 2.

StormC

Smash Hero
Me in 2015: where the hell are the first party DLC newcomers, this is an outrage

Me in 2019:

Shroob

Sup?
This Crash discussion makes me realize that the Raysquad leak, which is the current 'big' one for Crash: "DQ Hero, Banjo, Lloyd Irving, Crash", conflicts with this supposed Bird image unless someone can figure out how a bird ties into Lloyd or Crash.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
This Crash discussion makes me realize that the Raysquad leak, which is the current 'big' one for Crash: "DQ Hero, Banjo, Lloyd Irving, Crash", conflicts with this supposed Bird image unless someone can figure out how a bird ties into Lloyd or Crash.
Bird Image?

Shroob

Sup?
Bird Image?
The one people have been debating about for days.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice said Sabi got it from their source.

It's a black starling sitting on a roof, and we've been through the wringer.

Speculation has included but not limited to:

It's related to Smash
It has nothing to do with Smash
It's Edelgard in Smash
It's Geno in Smash
It's a Resident Evil character in Smash
Velvet Crowe is in Smash

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Sometimes, a bird
is just a bird
That's the thing though. Sabi herself is claiming up and down it's actually a hint.

But as it stands, it's too damn vague to mean anything meaningful.

Sure, once we KNOW what it means, in hindsight it'll be obvious, but that's an awful hint if it's only understandable in hindsight.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
This Black Starling seems almost more like a Red Herring than anything else.
If I had to guess though, it seems likely enough to be related to the Black Eagles and Three Houses since it seems to be a Black Bird atop a House.
I would honestly be a little surprised if it was Edelgard considering that Byleth is the main character of Fire Emblem Three Houses and Edelgard is meant to be relatively equal to Claude and Demitri, so I feel like it'd be odd to include her and thus give her more importance than those three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom