• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I never watch EVO.

The only reason I'd even consider it is the .0000001% chance that they announce a Direct.
Normally I'm the same, but if Hero made the cut in time I would have watched just to see someone be clobbered by Sleep/Smash attack, Magic Burst on the edge, and the poor soul who accidentally clicks Kamikazee/Hocus Pocus. :chuckle:

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Should I
Go through the month Flayn goes missing
or should I skip it? What will get ****ed up if I do skip it
It's weird, but nothing out of the ordinary happens if you just go through the month. It's a waste not to.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I just want to know the last two to get the inevitable disappointment that they're characters I don't give a **** about out of the way.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
QUOTE="Shroob, post: 23474276, member: 223501"]I never watch EVO.

The only reason I'd even consider it is the .0000001% chance that they announce a Direct.[/QUOTE]I haven't watched any in the past either.

And I have very little stock for a Smash reveal considering we just got Hero less than a week ago.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Wademan94 Wademan94 I saw it before but haven't replied to it. Here's how I look at it

Lightweight: I really think this roster is very solid! Nothing I'd add or delete minus Cappy being the best wtf character to add to the game. I'd say Captain Toad, Nabbit, and maybe Larry and Wendy would be the heavy lightweights here.

Middleweight: Syrup is the only one I'm not sure about since she haven't really been used. Maybe a surprise enemy like Rex could replace her? Jr. should be in the division since Diddy (who was also a lightweight in Double Dash and middleweight in Wii) is there too. They're the same weight in the Kart series

Heavyweight: Personally I loathe Dry Bowser as I feel the character takes a spot away from others. Heavyweights don't really have many options in it which is a shame. Chuck is a nice addition and would be cool to see the Penguin from Galaxy being in here
I'd give it a solid 9.5/10 here.
Thank you for the feedback!

I’ve been kinda flip flopping on Jr. and Wendy cause while he was a middleweight in Wii, he’s lightweight in 8 and since it seems the two look pretty close in proportions I wasn’t sure what to do. Captain Toad I was debating on making middleweight for the joke of his backpack making him heavier. Should I just make Dry Bowser a costume then? Also what are your thoughts on Metal or Dr. Mario got this?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Am'a back from Hobbs & Shaw.

IT WAS A BLAST! A FUN ROLLER COASTER RIDE LIKE THE OTHER PREVIOUS FILMS!!!! :grin:

Easily among my favorites this year.

As it stands now.

1. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
2. Missing Link
3. Hobbs & Shaw
4. Shazam!
5. Crawl
6. Spider-Man: Far From Home
7. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
8. Pokemon Detective Pikachu
9. Child's Play
10. Us
11. The Lego Movie: The Second Part

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
A general rule is that Yoshi should always be heavier than the Mario Bros. in any weight class. If it means putting him in heavyweight class and it doesn't make too much sense for him to be there, then make him equal in weight to the heaviest Mario Bro (if they aren't equal) :yoshi:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I finally recruited lysithea and ignatz

I swear the things you have to do to recruit students makes you look like some kind of psycho

D

Deleted member

The thing is that the only surprise is the who, not the when at this point.

Banjo will be late September/October
Character 4 will be December
Character 5 will be February

And character 4 will be revealed during the next Direct.
Assuming we get another September direct I'm betting we'll get both an "Available Now!/Tomorrow!" deal with :ultbanjokazooie:, or at the very least a release date, and a reveal for the next character at the very end.
OR we get a stand alone video for :ultbanjokazooie:/5.0 just like we did with :ulthero: and :ultjoker: and character 4 is announced separately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Assuming we get another September direct I'm betting we'll get both an "Available Now!/Tomorrow!" deal with :ultbanjokazooie:, or at the very least a release date, and a reveal for the next character at the very end.
OR we get a stand alone video for :ultbanjokazooie:/5.0 just like we did with Hero and Joker and character 4 is announced separately.
Whatever happens with Banjo, I’m confident we’re getting character 4 in the September direct.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just finished Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children, and even though I only beat FF7 recently, I enjoyed it! It was easier to follow than I was worried that it might be, and I was pleasantly surprised that all of the party members (and I mean all of them) got some time to shine.

Sephiroth's defeat was more abrupt than I thought it would be (I'm surprised that we didn't get a shot-for-shot recreation of Omnislash), and Cloud being healed of the incurable geostigma disease was rather sudden (then again, I didn't get to see all of Aeris's limit breaks, so I'm assuming that it's one of them that caused it).

Also, since I haven't played any of FF7's spin-offs, I didn't recognize the voice of
Zack
until they showed him at the end. I'm assuming that he gets much more focus in the spin-offs than he did in the original game, or there was a sidequest that I missed in the original game that fleshed him out much more.

It was mostly Cloud's movie, though Tifa got some solid development as well. (though I don't know why "dilly-dally-shilly-shally" became her catchphrase) I was under the impression that
Rufus Shinra died
in the original game, so I found it hilarious that him trying to dramatically explain how he got out of that situation was interrupted by Cloud saying that he doesn't care and wandering off.

I feel like the movie would be a lot harder to follow if you haven't played Final Fantasy 7 (concepts like Jenova and the Lifestream would be much harder to understand), though at least they try to recap it in the beginning. While it was a small touch, I liked the little post-credits scene. I apologize for the disjointed rambling; I'm just putting my thoughts down after watching it, so it's kind of stream-of-consciousness.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Me: hue hue hue hue hey hey Dimitri, look at Ashe. Yoink, mine now
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo what house did you pick and also who did you recruit from the other houses?

If you’re on a second or third or fourth playthrough you can mention those also.
I picked Golden Deer and I just got Ashe. Im working to get Linhardt next. After them, idk who else I wanna get. im still on my 1st playthrough atm

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
What do you think of my MK9 roster?
Lemme see...

- If it was me, I would say no to the following characters: Fawful, Cackletta, Vivian, Gombella, Kooper, Bombette, General Guy, Geno, Mallow, Don Pianta, Jimmy T. Ashley, Kat/Ana, Poochy, Alex, Rabbid characters, Phantom, Spawny, Don-chan - pretty much all of these guys are filler characters and aren't really in the core Mario cast. If they appeared in more Mario games, I'd include them. You could maybe just throw all of these guys for DLC instead of base roster and I also feel there's WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too many characters for the base roster.

- Not sure what you mean on the alt skin on same racer part. If this is one Koopaling having six alts, bad idea if stats are the same since Kart is very different from Smash. If all different stats, I don't see an issue here.

- A nice touch adding some retro characters with Wart, Tatanga, and DK Jr. Shocking surprise adding Krunch for the DK reps too.

- Really like the amount of guest characters you have here, but you didn't go as overboard. What could be fun is split them into DLC with half making the base roster and the other half DLC. Guranteee people will buy them.

For me, it's an 8.5/10. Not bad roster, just some tweaks to be made and all.

Okay so here's a fun project. Since we all know how Crash Team Racing divides the series into four different stats with Balance, Acceleration, Turn, and Speed, how do we balance every character out in the series? Here's some ideas I made but y'all always willing to do some discussion

Balanced: Mario, Lugi, Daisy, Ludwig, Larry, Inkling Girl, Bowser Jr, ROB, Birdo, DK Jr, Link

Acceleration: Peach, Yoshi, Iggy, Waluigi, Isabelle, Inkling Boy, Dry Bones, Shy Guy, Paratroopa, King Boo

Turning: Toad, Koopa, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Wiggler, Lemmy, Wendy, Honey Queen, Diddy Kong, Laiktu

Speed: Wario, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Rosalina, Funky Kong, Metal Mario, Petey, Roy, Morton, Bowser Jr, Toadette

Keep in mind this is just thrown out of my ass so I'm not expecting any right or wrong here minus some obvious characters. :p If anyone wanna hear my reasons for some of the stats, lemme know.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i just kind of realized that Eight is blowing up a hamster when he uses kamikaze

is no one else thinkin about that

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I watch EVO for Tekken and DBFZ/Marvel type games. I usually stick around for Street Fighter, but that's no longer the last game of the night.

Unless it's a character I'm really interested in, I don't watch too much Smash related stuff.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I watch EVO for Tekken and DBFZ/Marvel type games. I usually stick around for Street Fighter, but that's no longer the last game of the night.

Unless it's a character I'm really interested in, I don't watch too much Smash related stuff.
i really dont watch EVO at all

i see the eventual epic highlights!!! clip that becomes meme of the year

unforuntately last year was the smash 4 bayo stalling instead of the right timeline where duck hunt was supposed to win

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
i just kind of realized that Eight is blowing up a hamster when he uses kamikaze

is no one else thinkin about that
You missed the 3 times a meme about that was posted. It's a few pages back I think.

i really dont watch EVO at all

i see the eventual epic highlights!!! clip that becomes meme of the year

unforuntately last year was the smash 4 bayo stalling instead of the right timeline where duck hunt was supposed to win
I tend to find matches of Tekken and Mahvel/Dragonbahl to be fun to watch even if they aren't too crazy. Like highlight matches are.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You missed the 3 times a meme about that was posted. It's a few pages back I think.
i was at work so i cant have stolen it or known about it

I tend to find matches of Tekken and Mahvel/Dragonbahl to be fun to watch even if they aren't too crazy.
idk man im not into other fighting games cause i dont know how to play traditional ones well

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
All the defeats (deaths) of cinematic villains of this year. Only the movies I've seen this year.

-Mr. Glass (Glass): Bones shattered and dies of internal injuries from Kevin Wendell Crumb/The Beast.
-Rex Dangervest (The Lego Movie: The Second Part): Ceases to exist due to timeline being erased.
-Trevor "Viking" Calcote (Cold Pursuit): Shot by White Bull Legrew.
-Grimmel the Grisly (How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World): Falls to his death.
-Nimue, the Blood Queen (Hellboy): Decapitated by Hellboy and sent back to Hell.
-Lord Piggot-Dunceby (Missing Link): Destroys ice bridge out of insanity and falls to his death.
-Thanos (Avengers: Endgame): Decapitated by Thor (Current)/Ceases to exist when Tony snaps him and his army away with the Infinity Stones (Past).
-King Ghidorah (Godzilla: King of the Monsters): Disintegrated by Godzilla in his new empowered state and then middle head eaten by him.
-Chucky (Child's Play): Shot by Mike and then body destroyed by Andy and his friends.
-Mysterio (Spider-Man: Far From Home): Shot by his own drones and dies of his wounds.
-Brixton Lore (Hobbs & Shaw): Shut down by Eteon's head and falls to his death.

Spoiled due to some being recent.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Whatever happens with Banjo, I’m confident we’re getting character 4 in the September direct.
Pretty much.

Unless they pull the ultimate ass pull and throw us a Direct after EVO, which, to be blunt wouldn't be the worst thing in the world since both the Switch Mini comes next month and the new Battery Switch this month, a September Direct seems 'very' likely.

It could be in October, no denying that, but September seems to be Nintendo's preferred month for these for the last several years straight, probably due to Holiday shopping starting in October.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
if banjo doesnt release in september im at least hoping in the september direct they'll actually give us a damn date for once

Shroob

Sup?
if banjo doesnt release in september im at least hoping in the september direct they'll actually give us a damn date for once
Nintendo?

Give actual dates for Smash characters and not pretending that being vague adds hype?

C'mon son.

Shroob

Sup?
My honest guess is they'll pull a Joker....again.

"We got even MORE goodies coming to Smash soon!"

*5 seconds of Banjo moving*

"Find out sometime next month what we have in store!"

And then at the end of the presentation reveal character 4.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
sakurai: *has a banjo stream showing off his moveset*

the entire population of japan:

1564715522016.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
sakurai: *has a banjo stream showing off his moveset*

the entire population of japan:
That's actually false when Banjo-Kazooie are actually very popular over there sure not Dragon Quest level but to the point people in Japan also wanted him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom