• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Knowing who the last two characters are kinda sucks the fun out speculation though.

It's like knowing exactly what you're getting on Christmas. You're just waiting to recieve something without getting any joy from guessing what you could get.
I'm almost 30. That joy ended when I learned that Santa wasn't real.

D

Deleted member

I'd rather know a character is coming 6 months ahead of time and explaining why "Brave means the character acts brave!" Is a dumb argument than the 2-3 months that this board became a 2nd /vg/
It at least was a learning experience you know. It was quite amusing all the silly theories just because people didn't like the idea of a character that wasn't a fan favorite getting in the game as DLC.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
People before were whining about all of the "hero is op" posts and ****.

Well, this one is for you. Here, this one says hero is bad.
shiakazing
"Goobye, Erdrick, Eight, Solo and even you Slime! I'm gonna blow you to bits!" :ulthero:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Box vs. Grinch was bad but at least it only lasted a couple of weeks. Erdrick was known about for at least six months.
Tbh, the Erdrick speculation cycle was nothing compared to the complete trash heap that was speculation during the Grinch

We're talking about some very nasty users, and a whole lotta fanart showing the Grinch doing certain unsavory things to characters like Steve and Incineroar.

It was an absolute nightmare.

I'd take sword Goku complaints over Grinch butt vore any day

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
personally I don’t care either way if we know about #4 beforehand or not.

After that I’m just gonna dip, I want #5 to be a surprise.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I only wanna know who 4 and 5 are IF Elma and/or KOS-MOS are one or both of them. otherwise, meh

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
It bugs me that three houses lets you get so many units but has such a limited number of deployment slots

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I'll be the aethist here.

The sooner we know the last 2, the better.
I would have much rather had all 5 announced as early as possible, with tentative release dates and a disclaimer that said something like "*release dates subject to change depending on development."

And it should have been at the end of the last Smash Direct, that way far less people would have been upset about Ken and Incinerate.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
I think #4 will release in December this year and #5 will release in Feburary of next year. Just a hunch.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just saw this scene in Toy Story 4 where the movie basically enforces emotional manipulation.

I'm actually appalled. What the **** man.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
personally I don’t care either way if we know about #4 beforehand or not.

After that I’m just gonna dip, I want #5 to be a surprise.
I got my most wanted, so I could personally go through the hype cycle with or without leaks now. Though, for the sake of those still anxious about their characters, I'd like them to be confirmed/deconfirmed as soon as possible. I've had that anxiety that started at E3 2018 and ended on E3 2019. :lol:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I would have much rather had all 5 announced as early as possible, with tentative release dates and a disclaimer that said something like "*release dates subject to change depending on development."

And it should have been at the end of the last Smash Direct, that way far less people would have been upset about Ken and Incinerate.
I'm of the opposite opinion. I'd rather keep a few reveals under wraps so I have something to stay excited for. There's nothing that guarantees I'll even like the DLC characters, so at least this way I can enjoy imagining who we could get.

Besides, Sakurai shouldn't have to worry about whether or not we like the last two newcomers if he's already tried adding a few characters we specifically asked for. Ken and Incineroar were never meant to please the kind of hardcore fans who lurk in this thread.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm of the opposite opinion. I'd rather keep a few reveals under wraps so I have something to stay excited for. There's nothing that guarantees I'll even like the DLC characters, so at least this way I can enjoy imagining who we could get.

Besides, Sakurai shouldn't have to worry about whether or not we like the last two newcomers if he's already tried adding a few characters we specifically asked for. Ken and Incineroar were never meant to please the kind of hardcore fans who lurk in this thread.
The thing is that the only surprise is the who, not the when at this point.

Banjo will be late September/October
Character 4 will be December
Character 5 will be February

And character 4 will be revealed during the next Direct.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The thing is that the only surprise is the who, not the when at this point.

Banjo will be late September/October
Character 4 will be December
Character 5 will be February

And character 4 will be revealed during the next Direct.
Nothing is set in stone. For all we know, the last two characters could be released together like Corrin and Bayo.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
How to significantly improve Mario Kart's roster:

Step 1: Remove literally every baby character that isn't Mario and maybe Luigi
Step 2: Remove Pink Gold Peach

And you're done.
That's single-handily the best way to do a roster for Mario Kart. But one thing...

Step 3: Remove Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, and Dry Bowser
Step 4: Add characters that are ****ing worth it to Mario Kart

Profit

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Nothing is set in stone. For all we know, the last two characters could be released together like Corrin and Bayo.
That would still imply us getting info for all of them before the year ends.

This game has a vastly different marketing strategy than 4.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

And you're done.
That's single-handily the best way to do a roster for Mario Kart. But one thing...

Profit
Dunno if either of you guys saw my MK9 roster before but I’d like to hear your thoughts.

Here’s my roster for it though I’d like to rebalance it so it’s even in all categories (like 14 or 16 each). Wanna help me?

Lightweight
Toad
Toadette
Koopa Troopa
Dry Bones
Shy Guy
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Lakitu
Larry
Lemmy
Wendy (Middleweight?)
Kamek
E. Gadd
Captain Toad
(Costume or Middleweight?)
Nabbit
Cappy

Middleweight
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr. (Lightweight?)
Iggy
Ludwig
Pauline
Hammer Bro
Dixie Kong
Cranky Kong
Captain Syrup

Heavyweight
Donkey Kong
Wario
Waluigi
Bowser
Rosalina
King Boo (w/Luigi’s Mansion Costume)
Petey Piranha
Dry Bowser (Costume?)
Funky Kong
Wiggler
Roy
Morton
King Bob-omb
Boom Boom
Pom Pom
Chargin’ Chuck
King K. Rool

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Wademan94 Wademan94 I saw it before but haven't replied to it. Here's how I look at it

Lightweight: I really think this roster is very solid! Nothing I'd add or delete minus Cappy being the best wtf character to add to the game. I'd say Captain Toad, Nabbit, and maybe Larry and Wendy would be the heavy lightweights here.

Middleweight: Syrup is the only one I'm not sure about since she haven't really been used. Maybe a surprise enemy like Rex could replace her? Jr. should be in the division since Diddy (who was also a lightweight in Double Dash and middleweight in Wii) is there too. They're the same weight in the Kart series

Heavyweight: Personally I loathe Dry Bowser as I feel the character takes a spot away from others. Heavyweights don't really have many options in it which is a shame. Chuck is a nice addition and would be cool to see the Penguin from Galaxy being in here
I'd give it a solid 9.5/10 here.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I enjoy EVO for the Smash portions at least, whenever it's around.

I always rooted for HungryBox whenever Melee was apart of it's line-up.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

And you're done.

Profit
What do you think of my MK9 roster?

So, in between Zelda brainstorming sessions, I decided to pick the roster for a Mario Kart game. I thought it would be an interesting challenge. I watch enough youtubers that I feel I have a good idea what people would like from a Kart game. Thought I'd beam it your way.

Playable Characters
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Princess Peach
  4. Toad
  5. Toadette
  6. Princess Daisy
  7. Yoshi
  8. Birdo
  9. Bowser
  10. Bowser Jr.
  11. Wario
  12. Waluigi
  13. Pauline
  14. Professor E. Gadd
  15. Rosalina
  16. Koopalings (Alt Skins on the same racer)
  17. Cappy
  18. Kamek
  19. King Wart
  20. Tatanga
  21. Geno
  22. Mallow
  23. Fawful
  24. Cackletta
  25. Vivian
  26. Gombella
  27. Kooper
  28. Bombette
  29. General Guy
  30. King Boo
  31. Petey Piranha
  32. Don Pianta
  33. Nabbit
  34. Jimmy T
  35. Ashley
  36. Kat and Ana
  37. Donkey Kong
  38. Donkey Kong Jr.
  39. Diddy Kong
  40. Dixie Kong
  41. Funky Kong
  42. Cranky Kong
  43. Candy Kong
  44. King K. Rool
  45. Krunch
  46. Poochy
  47. Alex
  48. Rabbid Mario
  49. Rabbid Luigi
  50. Rabbid Peach
  51. Rabbid Yoshi
  52. Rabbid Kong
  53. Rabbid Cranky
  54. Phantom
  55. Spawny
  56. Link
  57. Samus Aran
  58. Fox McClous
  59. Captain Falcon
  60. Exitebiker
  61. Isabelle
  62. Inkling
  63. Sonic the Hedgehog
  64. Pac-Man
  65. Don-chan
  66. Mii

I figures alternate versions of characters (Metal, Tanooki, Baby) can all be alternate costumes. I also decided to use Paper Mario partners over generic enemies to give each character a little more personality. Ideally the paper characters would be fully 3d instead so that they fit the game's aesthetic a bit more. I also originally wanted to include other Diddy Kong Racing characters, but Rare and Microsoft own pretty much all of them (they were licensed for the DS remake).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom