• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
They'll probably 'unlock' Banjo's character page on the official website after the Direct, and then do the same thing to whoever is coming out next with a "Coming Winter 2019" on it.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I just got a really good laugh out of some dialogue from an NPC in Three Houses, he said he had gone to the Infirmary for some medical attention, but he didn't receive any because Professor Manuela was drunk and passed out on the floor haha.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
So, you know how no one likes Byleth's female design and some called it sexualized..I noticed something funny about it..She's actually extremely busty..like Camilla-level busty..but its not emphasized or used to sexualize her..she's just a busty lass and it isn't having attention called to it. I actually really appreciate this since its rare for a character to be pretty and busty without it being played for laughs or for fan service. It also isn't shown in her artwork(s) or in Fire Emblem Heroes, showing its still not something meant to have attention called to it for fan service-y reasons.

Here's her compared to Edelgard just for the sake of comparison.

Shroob

Sup?
So, you know how no one likes Byleth's female design and some called it sexualized..I noticed something funny about it..She's actually extremely busty..like Camilla-level busty..but its not emphasized or used to sexualize her..she's just a busty lass and it isn't having attention called to it. I actually really appreciate this since its rare for a character to be pretty and busty without it being played for laughs or for fan service. It also isn't shown in her artwork(s) or in Fire Emblem Heroes, showing its still not something meant to have attention called to it for fan service-y reasons.

..........People are calling this design sexualized?

.....are women just not allowed to have above-average sized breasts anymore?

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I mean let’s be frank, a lot of people were distracted by something ELSE massive in her design. The “she had big...eyes” line is actually unironic in this case.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

I've seen people saying its sexualized due to her wearing shorts and showing more skin than the male and it not being 'proper for combat or teaching' where-in I just say that I'm both glad it doesn't look nigh identical to the males like Robin's and is just showing a difference in how men and women tend to dress (I mean, I can't really say its uncommon for a woman to wear clothing that shows more skin than a man would).

I mean let’s be frank, a lot of people were distracted by something ELSE massive in her design. The “she had big...eyes” line is actually unironic in this case.
Lol yeah, Byleth does have rather large eyes..but I honestly love that aspect of her design..though I do think that people are exaggerating just how large her eyes actually are..they aren't that different in size than the other female characters in the game.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo I recruited Leonie, Raphael, Ignatz, Lorenz, Lysithea, Marianne, Annette, Ashe, Mercedes, Sylvain, Felix and Ingrid.

Yes you read that correctly. I recruited them all on my first playthrough.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Say the last two DLC fighters are Byleth (Male & Female)/Edelgard and an Gen 8 Pokemon. How would you guys feel about that and overall with this Season Pass?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Say the last two DLC fighters are Byleth/Edelgard and an Gen 8 Pokemon. How would you guys feel about that and overall with this Season Pass?
:ultbanjokazooie::ulthero:/10

I don't care 'who' get in the last two spots, I just want to know 'who' they are.

The base game already made me perfectly content, the DLC taking a Star Allies-approach of adding new modes, characters and stages post release is just icing on the cake.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

I don't think that's necessarily the part people think is sexualized. As far as I've seen, it's the fishnets (is that the right term?) and exposed stomach. I think I can agree with the exposed stomach being a weird choice, it's just such an awkward design decision, I had the same issue with Blake from RWBY.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Lol yeah, Byleth does have rather large eyes..but I honestly love that aspect of her design..though I do think that people are exaggerating just how large her eyes actually are..they aren't that different in size than the other female characters in the game.
Like I’m normally the last person to complain about large eyes considering many of my characters but they honestly do look off to me in both 2D art and in-game model. I think it’s the shape of them that’s throwing me off, like the football shape eyes don’t look that good to me that size. And they just don’t look proportional to her head.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just finished Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children, and even though I only beat FF7 recently, I enjoyed it! It was easier to follow than I was worried that it might be, and I was pleasantly surprised that all of the party members (and I mean all of them) got some time to shine.

Sephiroth's defeat was more abrupt than I thought it would be (I'm surprised that we didn't get a shot-for-shot recreation of Omnislash), and Cloud being healed of the incurable geostigma disease was rather sudden (then again, I didn't get to see all of Aeris's limit breaks, so I'm assuming that it's one of them that caused it).

Also, since I haven't played any of FF7's spin-offs, I didn't recognize the voice of
Zack
until they showed him at the end. I'm assuming that he gets much more focus in the spin-offs than he did in the original game, or there was a sidequest that I missed in the original game that fleshed him out much more.

It was mostly Cloud's movie, though Tifa got some solid development as well. (though I don't know why "dilly-dally-shilly-shally" became her catchphrase) I was under the impression that
Rufus Shinra died
in the original game, so I found it hilarious that him trying to dramatically explain how he got out of that situation was interrupted by Cloud saying that he doesn't care and wandering off.

I feel like the movie would be a lot harder to follow if you haven't played Final Fantasy 7 (concepts like Jenova and the Lifestream would be much harder to understand), though at least they try to recap it in the beginning. While it was a small touch, I liked the little post-credits scene. I apologize for the disjointed rambling; I'm just putting my thoughts down after watching it, so it's kind of stream-of-consciousness.
Compilation of FFVII is kind of hit and miss, mostly miss sadly. I feel that AC is visually impressive but still feels rushed.
Say the last two DLC fighters are Byleth (Male & Female)/Edelgard and an Gen 8 Pokemon. How would you guys feel about that and overall with this Season Pass?
Any of the MC of 3H would be great and as long as the gen 8th Pokemon has a fun archetype, they would be good additions.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I'm all for Edelgard (and Byleth to a far lesser extent), but I think I'm a little over Pokémon now. I'm sad that I'm starting to feel that way about Pokémon though because it's a series that I've liked for so long, but everything about the way they're handling Sword and Shield turns me off.

So, to answer your actual question, I would be disappointed. Give me more crazy third parties, then Edelgard as a stand-alone DLC. Please, thanks, bye.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

People actually thought Hilda was short but it turns out all MC trainers are the same height
Hildas hair makes her taller though

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I would be ecstatic with Byleth..which is funny, I originally wanted no Fire Emblem characters..but now that I've seen how Byleth can fight with the Sword of the Creator, she would be an extremely fun and unique character with Ivy (Soul Calibur)-esque moves that would just look and feel awesome to pull off..I mean, for anyone unfamiliar with her, she would definitely not be another generic swordy like so many think..just look at her!

Overall for the Fighter Pass..based on my personal views.
:ultjoker: - YES! I love Persona soo much!
:ulthero: - Not someone I'm personally interested in, but very deserving for an Iconic Series. Would have preferred female alts as well though..
:ultbanjokazooie: - Love the games, but wasn't a big desire for me..still awesome to see them back in the limelight all the same.
Byleth - I love her and Three Houses, she would be my favorite out of the Fighter Pass in all honesty.
PKMN - Probably wouldn't care..the last Pokémon added that I cared about were :mewtwomelee: & :pichumelee: in Melee..

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Edelgard would actually make me bother with the game properly again.
Pokémon depends on who it is.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah Female Byleth's design doesn't seem overly sexualized (yet) which is nice, but her eyes are ****ing terrifying. ._.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I would be ecstatic with Byleth..which is funny, I originally wanted no Fire Emblem characters..but now that I've seen how Byleth can fight with the Sword of the Creator, she would be an extremely fun and unique character with Ivy (Soul Calibur)-esque moves that would just look and feel awesome to pull off..I mean, for anyone unfamiliar with her, she would definitely not be another generic swordy like so many think..just look at her!

Overall for the Fighter Pass..based on my personal views.
:ultjoker: - YES! I love Persona soo much!
:ulthero: - Not someone I'm personally interested in, but very deserving for an Iconic Series. Would have preferred female alts as well though..
:ultbanjokazooie: - Love the games, but wasn't a big desire for me..still awesome to see them back in the limelight all the same.
Byleth - I love her and Three Houses, she would be my favorite out of the Fighter Pass in all honesty.
PKMN - Probably wouldn't care..the last Pokémon added that I cared about were :mewtwomelee: & :pichumelee: in Melee..
I actually never thought about the Sword of the Creator, that would actually make her a really interesting addition. Although I wonder if it would be hard to balance a sword that long. Even without the fact that it extends, that sword is ****ing massive.

Shroob

Sup?
I actually never thought about the Sword of the Creator, that would actually make her a really interesting addition. Although I wonder if it would be hard to balance a sword that long. Even without the fact that it extends, that sword is ****ing massive.
Bigger than :ultcloud: or :ultcorrin:?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
That's actually false when Banjo-Kazooie are actually very popular over there sure not Dragon Quest level but to the point people in Japan also wanted him in.
I was actually surprised seeing reactions of Japanese people humming to Spiral Mountain--they knew more about Banjo-Kazooie than 90% of the Western reactions I saw.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, I doubt they can top the amount of fun that Hero is, so they can cut Joker and cancel the rest of the Fighters Pass from Banjo onwards for all I care lol.

But don't, I spent over $25 on that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom