• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, how are you all doing? Can't wait for the next Direct, whenever it is.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
well if it IS a genuine smash hint
inb4 corviknight
That's the frustrating thing as well.

We know it's a hint, but we don't know for what.

For all we know is that this could have absolutely nothing to do with Smash and it's for a different game entirely. We're literally chickens running around with our heads cut off trying to understand this.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This Crash discussion makes me realize that the Raysquad leak, which is the current 'big' one for Crash: "DQ Hero, Banjo, Lloyd Irving, Crash", conflicts with this supposed Bird image unless someone can figure out how a bird ties into Lloyd or Crash.
Well, someone said this about how Lloyd is connected to the starling.

- In Tales of Berseria The main villain asks the protagonist "Why do you think birds fly?"
-In Symphonia, Lloyd's mystic arte is Falcon Crest so technically a bird. Not to mention there are connections to Angels in Symphonia and someone pointed out about Starlings being Messengers of God in Folklore

Make that as you will.

Shroob

Sup?
Well, someone said this about how Lloyd is connected to the starling.

- In Tales of Berseria The main villain asks the protagonist "Why do you think birds fly?"
-In Symphonia, Lloyd's mystic arte is Falcon Crest so technically a bird. Not to mention there are connections to Angels in Symphonia and someone pointed out about Starlings being Messengers of God in Folklore

Make that as you will.
We've come to a point where I can't even tell if this is a good point or reaching harder than an ARMs character.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm trying to ignore the bird because everything can relate to a bird if you try hard enough.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Personally getting Crash and Edelgard would be the perfect end to the DLC.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This Black Starling seems almost more like a Red Herring than anything else.
If I had to guess though, it seems likely enough to be related to the Black Eagles and Three Houses since it seems to be a Black Bird atop a House.
I would honestly be a little surprised if it was Edelgard considering that Byleth is the main character of Fire Emblem Three Houses and Edelgard is meant to be relatively equal to Claude and Demitri, so I feel like it'd be odd to include her and thus give her more importance than those three.
I would definitely say Edelgard is comparatively more important than Dimitri and Claude. Not only is the game's main theme literally about her, but
She and Byleth both have the Crest of Flames, Fódlan's version of the Fire Emblem.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So...

Everybody's heard

About the bird?
Wait a minute. That's a song by the Trashmen.

Googles video game trashmen

Ah, so this is how the fighter's pass ends

Trashman, the ZX spectrum rep.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Guys, it'll be Master Chief duh. He'll be bopping Samus and Snake while Breaking Benjamin plays in the background.

"FIRE YOUR GUNS, IT'S TIME TO RUN, BLOW ME AWAY!.....I will stay in the mess I've made."

"AFTER THE FALL, WE'LL SHAKE IT OFF, SHOW ME THE WAY!"

"ONLY THE STRONGEST WILL SURVIVE! LEAD ME TO HEAVEN WHEN WE DIE!"

I got no idea how it'll relate to birds though.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Small Brain: Wanting Crash in Smash because you like Crash

Big Brain: Wanting Crash in Smash because you want to live the ultimate 90's fight.

Meditative Brain: Wanting Crash in Smash to spam the Crash Dance as a taunt.

GALAXY BRAIN: Wanting Crash in Smash to revive the "WHOA" meme.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Guys, it'll be Master Chief duh. He'll be bopping Samus and Snake while Breaking Benjamin plays in the background.

"FIRE YOUR GUNS, IT'S TIME TO RUN, BLOW ME AWAY!"

Moa are alien emu birds.

The connection is clear.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

"FIRE YOUR GUNS, IT'S TIME TO RUN, BLOW ME AWAY!.....I will stay in the mess I've made."

Master Chief, huh?

Master Chief is under fire!
He's sent an emergency directive!
Enter the fight!

Sorry, had to do it.

StormC

Smash Hero

Big Brain: Wanting Crash in Smash because you want to live the ultimate 90's fight.

Universe Brain: wanting Crash because he's the only viable third party character that isn't a standard-looking humanoid.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I would definitely say Edelgard is comparatively more important than Dimitri and Claude. Not only is the game's main theme literally about her, but
She and Byleth both have the Crest of Flames, Fódlan's version of the Fire Emblem.
Yeah, I actually found out that spoiler, along with another one, due to YouTube's damned 'preview play' thing..even videos marked Spoiler and otherwise fine would end up revealing them thanks to that thing..and I was doing soo well too..

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
This Crash discussion makes me realize that the Raysquad leak, which is the current 'big' one for Crash: "DQ Hero, Banjo, Lloyd Irving, Crash", conflicts with this supposed Bird image unless someone can figure out how a bird ties into Lloyd or Crash.
On one hand, that is an extremely convincing leak, but we don't exactly how accurate it really is. All we can do is wait and see if Lloyd shows up.

On the other hand, the discussion reminded me of some ideas I've had for spirit battles for the franchise. I'll share one in a spoiler tag here;
Dr. Neo Cortex
Crash Bandicoot series

Class: Legend
Puppet Fighter: :ultdoc:(Yellow Outfit to represent Cortex's skin tone)
Minion: :ultmetaknight: (Red outfit acting as Uka Uka)
Stage: Frigate Orpheon Ω form (References the final battle of Warped)
Music: THIS.

CONDITIONS
~Defeat the main fighter to win
~Fight alongside a CPU ally (:ultmetaknight: in green representing Aku Aku)
~The enemy starts the battle with an enhanced Rage Blaster
The fight as a whole is a massive reference to the final battle of Warped. To start off, both Meta Knights will immediately go after one another, ignoring both the player and Dr. Mario accordingly. Doc will actively try to shoot the player with his Rage Blaster, and generally tries to stay away in order to keep from being damaged. Keep in mind, though, Rage Blasters actively become stronger as their wielders take more damage, which is just how boss fights get harder in these games.
So, on a scale of "Shame on you for making this" to "Eh, it's okay," what would you think of a spirit battle like this?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Who the **** would even be credited for Crash?

Not Sony, and Naughty Dog doesn't own the rights anymore. Activision?

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Who the **** would even be credited for Crash?

Not Sony, and Naughty Dog doesn't own the rights anymore. Activision?
Solely Activision. No reason to credit other companies. Sony never actually owned the Crash IP.

D

Deleted member

Crash's final Smash is microtransactions.
His Final Smash actually forces you to play through both of the Crash 1 bridge levels back-to-back
Die once and you lose all your stocks

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Universe Brain: wanting Crash because he's the only viable third party character that isn't a standard-looking humanoid.
This post isn't going to age well when we inevitably get Tetromino and Cooking Mama as the last DLC characters.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The last two characters are going to be the chameleon from Chameleon Twist and the ball from Glover.

The banjo player from the cover of Phalanx will be a bonus.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

ULTIMATE BRAIN:
Wanting crash so the 90s live action commercials can be revived with crash creating a scene at Nintendo head quarters

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Dang, someone did it before I could.

Anyway, how ya all going? Reminder that Dimitri is best boi.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
I hope the Starling thing isn't related to Smash because I really want Professor Layton in lmao
I definitely wouldn't be against Geno, but I'd rather have Geno be a final character kind of deal.
Also please no first party characters for the final two spots we've been going sooo well with the first three characters don't ruin it now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom