• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hero is big time dumb in a fun way. I dunno what they were thinking with this character but it works out in the end.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Huh, I was just fighting a Belmont CPU as Hero and his shield was still able to block an Axe when I was in the middle of his Fair animation.

That's neat.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Well, I just discovered something interesting. Apparently you can’t use Metal Slash during a metal special smash. It’s probably for the greater good, nobody likes a loser of a cheater in that vein.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
so turns out just about everything and every store within like a 10 mile radius ****ing sold out of three houses

and i dont wanna order online and have to wait so im just not gonna buy it i guess

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Man people really like to overreact to nerfs.

I won't lie seeing Ivysaur get a few nerfs did hurt me a little inside but some people are acting like it's doomsday for Ivy. I keep seeing people say that Razor Leaf, Vine Whip and Dair aren't good moves anymore which is a blatant lie.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Well, I just discovered something interesting. Apparently you can’t use Metal Slash during a metal special smash. It’s probably for the greater good, nobody likes a loser of a cheater in that vein.
you can actually
but i do think they intentionally made it harder to show up on your menu

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

I won't lie seeing Ivysaur get a few nerfs did hurt me a little inside but some people are acting like it's doomsday for Ivy. I keep seeing people say that Razor Leaf, Vine Whip and Dair aren't good moves anymore which is a blatant lie.
One thing most of the Smash fan base is bad at is determination of what moves do and don’t suck, or how viable a character is.

Armchair “devs” are the worst.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

On the bright side, their finally fixing Zard.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>ivysaur nerfed
>i called everything he was gonna get hit for

images.gif

****ing good riddance, Ivysaur jank was the worst. But is no one gonna talk about those ridonkulous :ultpiranha: buffs? His Down Special doesn't seem jank anymore.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So now people are calling to ban Hocus Pocus because it can make you giant and invincible, ok.

I mean, one of its effects is an instant kill as well, so idk why you would want to use it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
goku is cool and all but solos growing on me for some reason

maybe its because i keep thinking about that han solo just dance thing for kinect

So now people are calling to ban Hocus Pocus because it can make you giant and invincible, ok.
post the link

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
also Zinith Zinith I think you'll be happy to know that I got Yoshi's Crafted World about a week ago.

Easily best 2019 game I've played, maybe except Super Mario Maker 2. Levels are beautifully designed and are a joy to play through, the artstyle is cleverly and expertly realized in a way few other games have yet to accomplish, and it is constantly throwing new ideas at you at every level, giving the game a healthy dose of variety.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Heres a fun game for you kids who want.to give the person you're playing against a heart attack and don't care about safety
as hero jump off stage and toggle your spell list and use the spell that could edgeguard them

It may not work often (when it does its glorious) but to see the opponent panicking as they think of all the possibillities that can go down in an instant is the funniest thing in the world

My personal favorites for edgeguarding when I get lucky are

Kamikaze its rude as hell

Magicburst there's no escape its fantastic

Snooze when they die like this its slow and pretty sad as they fall slowly to there doom

Hatchet man can't beleive I got this one to hit offstage I felt like a genius and a fool a the same time

Karakle slash similar to snooze but close up and just as sad and funny to watch

Thwak for some reason nothing feels better than going offstage to Insta kill them which would work anywhere

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I genuinely don't think Hero should be banned, despite memeing earlier, and the RNG nature of the character is not the major problem with Hero for me after playing him--but if items are banned in competitive play due to RNG, a RNG character with a ton of item-like abilities... not sure how you can ban one but not the other tbh.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Hero is pretty fun overall. The down-B RNG isn't as bad as I thought because if you use it properly (when your opponent is offstage, basically) you're probably going to get at least one useful thing.

Also, man his projectiles are ridiculous. Hero feels like a really explosive character because he can swing a game off landing one projectile or Kazapple. Bang and Kaboom are personal favorites, but Frizzle and Sizzle are also fun. In competitive buffs are probably going to be the main thing but at my level the projectiles are also fairly useful

Still have no idea what situation the slashes are useful though

osby

Smash Obsessed
I genuinely don't think Hero should be banned, despite memeing earlier, and the RNG nature of the character is not the major problem with Hero for me after playing him--but if items are banned in competitive play due to RNG, a RNG character with a ton of item-like abilities... not sure how you can ban one but not the other tbh.
Easy, Hero doesn't spawn randomly on top of your head in the middle of match.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Big props for making a fun swordfighter. Couldn't handle another swordie that uses the same three specials, glad Hero is fun to play as and against.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Lucas got buffed. hahaha.

Pac-Man got something nice.

Piranha Plant got buffed.

Pichu, Pikachu, Ness, King Dedede, K. Rool, Ice Climbers...nothing. At least there wasn't any nerfs for them.

Ivysaur got nerfed.

I seem to be slow at using Hero's down special. It feels like you'll just have to hope for a good spell when in a multiplayer match if you were to use it, unless you're just that fast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom