• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Have to admit I'm floored that they're all MIDIs and the orchestrated versions in the trailers aren't in the game. Even Nintendo flubbed this one in their PR statement. Sugiyama really is a POS in every way possible.

Honestly feel like Sakurai should stop licensing any more Square characters at this point, they're obviously cursed.

Konami, a company with a terrible reputation that's slowly been trying to get out of the gaming market?

No problem at all!

Microsoft, a rival company, and asking for not even a top billing character for them?

Easiest transaction of their life!

Square-Enix, a fairly common household gaming name?

BARE MINIMUM.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Can't wait for Geno to get 2 SMRPG song, amirite guys?
DJTcSYBVAAA-_BW.jpg

Right?!?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I feel Square-Enix may just have some weird two songs per game limit, maybe even something against remixes since this happened with Final Fantasy (oof).

I wouldn’t mind having the original SMRPG music if Geno gets in, though.
Didn't Sakurai say something along the lines of "It would be a shame if I only got two songs from one game so I got songs from multiple different games". I think Square Enix's restriction on music might be even worse than we thought if this actually alluded to there being a two songs per game limit.

StormC

Smash Hero
It's just a shame since the Fighters Pass was off to such a strong start with 11 Persona songs and so many extended lyrical ones. Banjo will hopefully redeem that aspect. Still, the stages, characters, and Spirit Boards add a lot of value. Pound for pound this blows Smash 4's DLC out of the water.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>Thinking Geno would even get in

:mybodyisreggie:
>Thinking I was serious.

Nah but for real, as Panda said, those SMRPG song being takedown, alongside Geno Mii costume not being here is kindaaaaaa suspicious, but it's no hard confirmation or anything, it's just interesting to note.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Didn't Sakurai say something along the lines of "It would be a shame if I only got two songs from one game so I got songs from multiple different games". I think Square Enix's restriction on music might be even worse than we thought if this actually alluded to there being a two songs per game limit.
Yeah he said something like that, so my assumptions are probably true then (honestly got the idea from someone else regarding the two songs per game limit). Square and their strange ways.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I will say I'm looking forward to Banjo being a relatively straightforward fighter.

The idea behind Joker is cool, but personally speaking it's too polarizing of a playstyle for me to get very into. It also doesn't really feel like a very accurate representation of how the Persona games play.

And while Dragon Quest is VERY faithfully depicted and I applaud how much work went into those moves, down B really just is a fustercluck that's too hard to navigate for me to bother getting serious with the character, even if his other moves are relatively simple.

Banjo doesn't look like he's going to have any weird or subversive mechanic, and I'm hoping I can make him a secondary to K. Rool.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Konami, a company with a terrible reputation that's slowly been trying to get out of the gaming market?

No problem at all!
GOD KONAMI JUST SELL YOUR GODDAMN IPS IF YOU WONT USE THEM

AAAAAAAAAAAA

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Like with Joker, I took a look at Hero's datamined statistics (special thanks to Meshima) and compared them to the patch when we first found them. It's always interesting to know how the characters changed during development, and this is one of the few times that we actually get a view into that through the data. Anyway, to start:

Run Speed: 1.74 > 1.84, got a nice speed bump to 26th place right behind WFT. Nothing too big, but he broke away from being almost completely in the middle of the pack.

Weight: 101 > 101 Nothing changed! Looks like they were satisfied with where the character was and did nothing to shake it up. Lands him right between the middleweight (Cloud) and heavyweight (Mega Man) classes, so he's kind of both and neither in a sense.

Air Acceleration (basically how fast he's able to reach his top air speed): 0.055 > 0.055 Again, nothing changed, but it's pretty low vs. the rest of the cast (he sits at #60, above Mii Gunner). He may've appreciated a positive change there, though that may be intentional considering the next point.

Air speed: 1.14 > 1.01 Oomph, it doesn't look like much, but that's a pretty notable hit. He dropped from 25th to 52nd to tie with Squirtle, which puts him in the lower half of the cast. It seems like the intent is to make him sluggish in the air, which may be a potential weakness for the character depending on how he covers it.

Other then that, no other stats were recorded, but you can see the rest of his current ones in the above link. In terms of how he compares, his initial dash speed is #45 above Corrin, walk speed is #55 just above Kirby, fall and fastfall speed are #45 behind Inklings.

StormC

Smash Hero
GOD KONAMI JUST SELL YOUR GODDAMN IPS IF YOU WONT USE THEM

AAAAAAAAAAAA
Ironically the only IP they seem to be using is Bomberman.... which they took from another dead company.

God, if it wasn't for that Bomberman Assist Trophy I'd be stanning for Bomberman so hard during this speculation period. You hate to see it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
At least Metal Gear's being treated better in Smash than it was in Survive.:drshrug:
i will win the lottery

buy metal gear

and then sell metal gear back to kojima for 1 dollar and a sandwich

Shroob

Sup?
Konami, "You want our ****? Here, go ahead. Have as much music as you want. Eh? You want TWO Castlevania characters? Sure we ain't doing anything other than the Netflix show and re-releases. Also, here's Snake back, your kind likes Snake right? Actually, take Bomberman as well. **** it."

Sakurai to Microsoft, "Hey can I have B----"

Microsoft to Sakurai, "Yes!"

Square Enix, "TWO SONGS. ONLY. EH? OKAY TWO SONGS PER GAME. NOTHING ELSE."

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Hey guys... i have some terrible news, my family's pet fish "Swishy" tragically died last night due to Swim Bladder Disease, and my younger sister is pretty much upset about it.
Sad Poyo.png

May he rest in peace... and support me for this.:crying:
"Colors weave into a spire 'o' flame..."

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Square Enix, "TWO SONGS. ONLY. EH? OKAY TWO SONGS PER GAME. NOTHING ELSE."
Sakurai: H-Hey man can I get some of Cloud's artwork for our Spirit Bo-

Sugiyama: I GENEROUSLY give you TWO songs and now you want a .png file?!

StormC

Smash Hero
Sakurai: H-Hey man can I get some of Cloud's artwork for our Spirit Bo-

Sugiyama: I GENEROUSLY give you TWO songs and now you want a .png file?!
I like that in this theoretical conversation Sugiyama is somehow in charge of Final Fantasy Spirits.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I like that in this theoretical conversation Sugiyama is somehow in charge of Final Fantasy Spirits.
**** man you tell me a better reason why we dont have a png of cloud i can just rip off of google in 5 seconds

Shroob

Sup?
SSBU_Character_Select_DLC.jpeg

I just hope that the CSS doesn't have 3 random characters on the bottom of it.

Is there any way to re-arrange this to make it a rectangle with the 3 characters that we've yet to get?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

I just hope that the CSS doesn't have 3 random characters on the bottom of it.

Is there any way to re-arrange this to make it a rectangle with the 3 characters that we've yet to get?
They're probably going to rearrange it once Banjo comes out, otherwise he'll just sit there all alone at the bottom. The bad thing about that is that it's likely to break the first row only being the OG 12 though.

Shroob

Sup?
They're probably going to rearrange it once Banjo comes out, otherwise he'll just sit there all alone at the bottom. The bad thing about that is that it's likely to break the first row only being the OG 12 though.
Looking at it, not....necessarily.

Is it not possible to have the top and bottom row be centered while being one box short of the middle 3 rows?

Aka, leave the top and bottom as is but add 3 more boxes to the middle 3.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Looking at it, not....necessarily.

Is it not possible to have the top and bottom row be centered while being one box short of the middle 3 rows?

Aka, leave the top and bottom as is but add 3 more boxes to the middle 3.
There are 4 middle rows, so that'd make it asymmetrical, which is a big no-no from me.

laughs in dark samus
I'd listen to Dark Samus' laugh any day.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Eh, then I'm all in favor of moving 1 over to the left.

Though won't that cause Echoes to become separated from their base?:dr^_^:
It'd separate Peach and Daisy as well as Roy and Chrom yeah, so not exactly ideal either. I suppose we'll just have to see what they do, the Smash 4 roster ended up looking awful after DLC imo, so I don't think it's a priority to keep it organized.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Let's be honest, stacking or no stacking, this CSS looked awful and jumbled from the get-go. Let me arrange by series pleeeeeeease

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I'm just here to say that Hero is super fun. Although I don't think he'll be all that great competitively, I'm really happy with how he turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom