• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I genuinely don't think Hero should be banned, despite memeing earlier, and the RNG nature of the character is not the major problem with Hero for me after playing him--but if items are banned in competitive play due to RNG, a RNG character with a ton of item-like abilities... not sure how you can ban one but not the other tbh.
Hero is just one character, and having one special that has some random item-like abilities is very different then have random items (including Smash Balls, Hammers, Daybreak Pieces ect) spawn all over the field at any given time.

There's also the fact that characters tend to be the main draw of fighting games and banning him would result in a lot more backlash within the community compared to item bans.

Shroob

Sup?
I just wanna be the stand up guy and say.

Thank you.

Thank you Sugiyama for being such a racist asshole that you barred using the actual, orchestral soundtrack in Smash and left us with these MIDIs.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just wanna be the stand up guy and say.

Thank you.

Thank you Sugiyama for being such a racist ******* that you barred using the actual, orchestral soundtrack in Smash and left us with these MIDIs.
sakurai: i will pay top dollar for this dragon quest music
sugiyama: oh **** what do i have in my clearance bin

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I genuinely don't think Hero should be banned, despite memeing earlier, and the RNG nature of the character is not the major problem with Hero for me after playing him--but if items are banned in competitive play due to RNG, a RNG character with a ton of item-like abilities... not sure how you can ban one but not the other tbh.
He probably won't be banned. As of now the immediate reactions are just kneejerk ones and no one really has let the character settle and work their way through their strengths and weaknesses. They do look good as of now, that is true, but unless something proves to be unmanageable with them in the future it's unlikely that those that set up the tournaments are going to ban the character anytime soon.

Shroob

Sup?
I love how this community wants everything banned before it's even tested.

"GUYS HOLY **** META KNIGHT IS ****ING BUSTED THE GAME'S BEEN ONLY OUT FOR TWO DAYS BUT SHOULD WE PREEMPTIVELY BAN IT?!"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
magic burst is so easy to disrupt its not even funny

i cant pull it off no matter how many times i try

StormC

Smash Hero
Which god do I have to make a sacrifice to for K. Rool buffs? This is ridiculous.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I HEARD THERE WAS SOME RIDLEY & MEWTWO BUFFS IN THIS PATCH, SO I AWAKEN.

LET'S DO THIS ****.

StormC

Smash Hero
Seriously annoying that people complained for the first month of release that K. Rool was OP because they couldn't hold shield and then as the metagame advanced people realized he wasn't actually very good and now he's just left for dead, no buffs or anything. Ridley got a ton of buffs but K. Rool gets nothing. I still love playing as the character, probably more than anyone else in Smash history with him being used by me like 95% of the time, he's the only character I've actually gotten into Elite Smash but seriously, give him some love. He has potential but his dogcrap frame data and lack of a neutral game isn't helping.

Maybe Banjo will bring some help for his old friend.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
HOLY **** GUYS, THE RIDLEY BUFF ARE ACTUALLY HERE.

HIS UP-B IS SO MUCH FASTER.

HIS BACK-AIR KILL EVEN EARLIER.

YOU CAN FINALLY HIT SOMEONE UPFRONT WITH UP-SMASH.

UP-AIR SWEETPOST IS SO MUCH EASIER TO LAND.

THEY DID JUSTICE TO MY MAN, AND I'M SO PROUD OF HIM.
773.gif

Bravo, bravo to the peoples who wake up one day and decided that Ridley needed some justice, you deserve a raise.

Now, gotta test Mewtwo.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
HOLY **** GUYS, THE RIDLEY BUFF ARE ACTUALLY HERE.

HIS UP-B IS SO MUCH FASTER.

HIS BACK-AIR KILL EVEN EARLIER.

YOU CAN FINALLY HIT SOMEONE UPFRONT WITH UP-SMASH.

UP-AIR SWEETPOST IS SO MUCH EASIER TO LAND.

THEY DID JUSTICE TO MY MAN, AND I'M SO PROUD OF HIM.
View attachment 233050
Bravo, bravo to the peoples who wake up one day and decided that Ridley needed some justice, you deserve a raise.

Now, gotta test Mewtwo.
yeah well uh

little mac got more jab buffs

which is just one
and that's all he got

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Imagine needing a book to cast spells :ultrobin:

This post was made by :ulthero: Gang.

In seriousness, holy s*** this character is crazy addictive and fun to play as!

I’m so impressed with how well the team incorporated a basic RPG mechanic into a fighting and deliver the transition so well.

I’m not surprised that DQ characters are the first and only JRPG characters in the roster to use a proper MP system because unlike Pokémon, Mother, FE, FF, XB, and Persona, DQ basically defined the genre in traditional sense and set the mold very well.

This is the first new character in while that legitimately got me invested in rather then blunt bandwagoning (cough:ultpiranha::ultjoker:cough), so I’m pretty much gonna get hooked on Hero until Banjo arrives.

Shroob

Sup?
>and why he DESERVES to be in smash bros

so is that what people call a trigger? :nifty: cause im ready to ****ing throw down
I was legit seeing **** saying that "I think Vergeben's a Erdrick fanboy" or that "The datamines aren't real."

Some people.

StormC

Smash Hero
An ode to all of the reasons why it could never be Erdrick:

"Brave could mean Sora/Banjo/Geno!"
"Dragon Quest isn't popular in the west!"
"Generic anime swordsman!"
"The stats don't match up!"
"Vergeben never gets DLC right!"
"Too many companies involved!"
"He wouldn't be hype, fans aren't asking for him!"

Am I missing anything?

Shroob

Sup?
An ode to all of the reasons why it could never be Erdrick:

"Brave could mean Sora/Banjo/Geno!"
"Dragon Quest isn't popular in the west!"
"Generic anime swordsman!"
"The stats don't match up!"
"Vergeben never gets DLC right!"
"Too many companies involved!"
"He wouldn't be hype, fans aren't asking for him!"

Am I missing anything?
Music rights... which kinda happened anyway.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I don't see why people are treating Hero as this broken god of Smash. He has awful and slow normals for a swordie and his only saving grace are his spells, which are mostly locked behind RNG. His neutral special is really dumb though, it's Samus' charge shot but better.

But enough about Hero. Hell yeah Ridley finally got buffed, I wasn't expecting buffs for the space dragon. While these buffs didn't address his weight problem, I'll gladly take them anyways.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't see why people are treating Hero as this broken god of Smash.
it just looks like a meme at this point cause leffen memed about it

i have yet to see people genuinely furious about hero

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Also can someone tell me what the hell is Kaclang useful for?
It literally leaves you immobile long enough for your opponent to charge a big smash attack on your face. I can see how Kamikaze might be useful in some situations, but not freaking Kaclang.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Also can someone tell me what the hell is Kaclang useful for?
It literally leaves you immobile long enough for your opponent to charge a big smash attack on your face. I can see how Kamikaze might be useful in some situations, but not freaking Kaclang.
Kaclang makes you invincible but immobile.

Basically it’s useless in multiplayer.

Tbh a lot of the spells from the down special seem like you’d be ruining your time unless you’re super quick to read ‘em and use ‘em.

Zoom also seems kinda pointless, at least outside of huge stages; I mean it’s definitely useful but why take the risk for it when you could just use the up special? If you’re too low for the up special to reach, then you’re dead anyway.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
reminder that hocus pocus can cause kamikazee

i found this out the hard way
Some peoples are going to have a hard time watching the movie Hocus Pocus the same way after this patch.

StormC

Smash Hero
Music rights... which kinda happened anyway.
Have to admit I'm floored that they're all MIDIs and the orchestrated versions in the trailers aren't in the game. Even Nintendo flubbed this one in their PR statement. Sugiyama really is a POS in every way possible.

Honestly feel like Sakurai should stop licensing any more Square characters at this point, they're obviously cursed.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
honestly i'm just glad the DQ3 midis actually sound pretty good and retro

the DQ11 tracks are abysmal though

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I feel Square-Enix may just have some weird two songs per game limit, maybe even something against remixes since this happened with Final Fantasy (oof).

I wouldn’t mind having the original SMRPG music if Geno gets in, though. Hopefully he’d get exceptions as a Mario character, though, or that my assumptions would be wrong.
Some peoples are going to have a hard time watching the movie Hocus Pocus the same way after this patch.
Erdrick Arusu is secretly Grunty in some elaborate disguise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom