• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
So they finally realized they ****ed up.

Maybe this means that Nintendo will finally---

*Insert next major Nintendo release with DLC planned pre-launch and it's left in the data*

God damnit Nintendo.

Shroob

Sup?
Untitled.png

I've always been a proprietor for "Fighter's Pass is all we're getting", but even though this means nothing in the now since "They could just add more", it really does feel like it'll be fighter's pass and then Sakurai's well deserved vacation.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Wow, someone did their research, but hey, I'm all for learning something new everyday.
Yeah that reminds me, here are some tidbits:
The OG Z-warriors all wear traditional Chinese clothing:

Gohan, Goten, Kuririn, Tenshinhan & Chaozu and Yamcha wear Changshan's on the reg. Basically Wudang Taoist clothing.

Anaand Roshi:

Chi-Chi 99% of the time wears a Qipao:

The Kame-sen'nin uniform is basically a modified version of traditional monk clothing.

Which is something Kuririn wore:

Aaaand Goku despite not technically being one.

Cell Arc Tenshinhan wore these:

Boo Arc Tenshinhan:

More monk clothes but this time with Hanfu boots.

Ten, Chaozu and Android arc Ghohan:

Chinese Shaolin/long socks:

Young Gohan, Chaozu, Emperor Pilaf and 22nd Budokai Tenshinhan wear/wore a Qing Guanmao:

Headwear worn by officials during the Qing Dynasty.

Also Chaozu is a Jiangshi; a Chinese hopping vampire.

The only recurring Japanese character is Yajirobe. Most of them are basically Chinese and technically none of the stuff they wear is Gi but rather just traditional Chinese clothing.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
View attachment 233061

I've always been a proprietor for "Fighter's Pass is all we're getting", but even though this means nothing in the now since "They could just add more", it really does feel like it'll be fighter's pass and then Sakurai's well deserved vacation.
I think there's a higher possibility of a second pass than people think, but expecting something like some standalone Geno DLC is wack and also an awful idea

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Hero is wack lol, if you get Magic Burst while your opponent is offstage most characters are just dead right there and then, you can't even outstall it on the ledge. I don't think he'll be crazy in competitive play, simply because the best characters have always been the ones who are consistent and have reliable options in just about any situation, plus his frame data is pretty bad which makes it difficult for him to safely build up MP again, but I think he's going to draw a lot of salt from the more casual playerbase, because some of the stuff he can do just feels cheap to get killed by.

Last edited:

tskidless

Smash Cadet
NNID
tskidless
Is it me or is the Training mode combo counter broken now? Things that should be true don't register as such even against level 9 CPUs.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Alright, if all goes well I’ll be playing Fire Emblem: Hogwarts tomorrow.

If this game is actually **** and all the praise was just an elaborate prank to get me to spend 60 bucks...

I’ll be very impressed.
it's true, we have smeckledorfed you

game's not even that good

a solid 10/10 if we're being generous

enjoy

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Is it me or is the Training mode combo counter broken now? Things that should be true don't register as such even against level 9 CPUs.
Probably has to do with the patch changing how it counts combos in training mode.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
CSS is now a perfect square so i can't wait for 5.0.0 to add a 'next page' button

tskidless

Smash Cadet
NNID
tskidless
Probably has to do with the patch changing how it counts combos in training mode.
I know but I feel like it's broken. DK's Cargo Up throw into Back air apparently only counts as a combo every so often, and Falco's Up Throw to Up Air doesn't count on Ridley.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I feel like my faith in god is dying the more I reset to get the right result to get Berna & Marianne to join my house.
dissapointed eggman.gif

Why it is soooo hard?

I feel like at time I'm wasting all my time on character that won't join me, when I could use it to make my students better. :/

D

Deleted member

I don't think Hero will end up being banned. Half his moveset is either really difficult to make use of (Command Spells and the Zap spell line) or has ridiculous startup lag and/or weird hit frames.

He's fun to play as and would probably work well in teams where he may be able to get a command spell or two off without people noticing, but I don't think anyone will be able to really utilize his full kit competitively.

On another note, I played through his Classic Mode just once as Guv (Eight) and I think the last match is a reference to the Dragovian Trials in DQ VIII's post-game. I don't know if that's the same for the other Hero alt's Classic Mode run or not though.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I feel like my faith in god is dying the more I reset to get the right result to get Berna & Marianne to join my house.
View attachment 233068
Why it is soooo hard?

I feel like at time I'm wasting all my time on character that won't join me, when I could use it to make my students better. :/
You probably know, but the requirements go down the higher your support rank is

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You probably know, but the requirements go down the higher your support rank is
Yeah I know that, right now, both Berna & Maria have C-rank with me, but I don't know if it's worth it to put more ressource into those two.

EDIT: Also, why the **** Tea Time is so difficult to do right? Why is this game so realistic all of the sudden?!?!

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
On another note, I played through his Classic Mode just once as Guv (Eight) and I think the last match is a reference to the Dragovian Trials in DQ VIII's post-game. I don't know if that's the same for the other Hero alt's Classic Mode run or not though.
It's a reference to the final boss of DQ1.

D

Deleted member

My Older Brother: "oh my god Hero is so broken I hate him"
Also my Older brother: *curbstomps me anyway*
Me:
1564576371566.png

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
View attachment 233068
Why it is soooo hard?

Which chapter are you on? I didn't find recruitment to be that difficult, I had the three that I wanted by the end of Chapter 7 (Ingrid, Annette, Leonie), your units don't really miss out on much by you focusing your Explore time on meeting the recruitment requirements as long as it's done early. B rank support also makes a huge difference, I only had 9 Mag and D+ Faith when I got Annette as I had just showered her in flowers that I got from the Greenhouse, that and the random gifts you find around are easily the best ways to sway someone to your house from my experience.

Also, you should be careful about recruiting too many units, since you can't actually deploy that many units per map it's best just to have a core of 10 or so units that you focus on.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Yeah I know that, right now, both Berna & Maria have C-rank with me, but I don't know if it's worth it to put more ressource into those two.

EDIT: Also, why the **** Tea Time is so difficult to do right? Why is this game so realistic all of the sudden?!?!
I haven't had much luck recruiting anyone either, but I'm still pretty early into the game. I've got a ton of C ranks though so I imagine it will just be a matter of time. Apparently once you have B rank there's a chance they'll randomly join regardless of whether you meet the requirements

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Which chapter are you on? I didn't find recruitment to be that difficult, I had the three that I wanted by Chapter 7 (Ingrid, Annette, Leonie), your units don't really miss out on much by you focusing your Explore time on meeting the recruitment requirements as long as it's done early. B rank support also makes a huge difference, I only had 9 Mag and D+ Faith when I got Annette as I had just showered her in flowers that I got from the Greenhouse, that and the random gifts you find around are easily the best ways to sway someone to your house from my experience.

Also, you should be careful of recruiting too many units, since you can't actually deploy that many units per map, it's best just to have a core of 10 units to focus on.
I haven't had much luck recruiting anyone either, but I'm still pretty early into the game. I've got a ton of C ranks though so I imagine it will just be a matter of time. Apparently once you have B rank there's a chance they'll randomly join regardless of whether you meet the requirements
I'm at Chapter 4, So I'm still pretty early on, but since I'm new at this, I don't know if putting this much effort for two units is good or not for my army/students. (Like I reset alot just to get the best result possibles, but even then, sometime you give them lots of stuff and they will accept tea time, and others, you give them the same stuff and they will say no!)

Doesn't help that the thing they want are both opposite, so me getting at magic for Marianna isn't going to help for Berna much. (I have 16 Frc & 11 Mag, my Bow is still in E and I haven't raised Riding much)

Finally, it's sometime really hard to guess what answer to pick on Tea Time, so much I always miss one.

Btw, I only want those 2, the others can wait next time.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm at Chapter 4, So I'm still pretty early on, but since I'm new at this, I don't know if putting this much effort for two units is good or not for my army/students. (Like I reset alot just to get the best result possibles, but even then, sometime you give them lots of stuff and they will accept tea time, and others, you give them the same stuff and they will say no!)

Doesn't help that the thing they want are both opposite, so me getting at magic for Marianna isn't going to help for Berna much. (I have 16 Frc & 11 Mag, my Bow is still in E and I haven't raised Riding much)

Finally, it's sometime really hard to guess what answer to pick on Tea Time, so much I always miss one.

Btw, I only want those 2, the others can wait next time.
for what it's worth, the max number of units you can deploy by the final chapter is 12, which is only really room for 2-3 additional students at most

don't stress too much about recruiting from other houses, because chances are you won't be able to include that many more in your main roster anyway

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Fire Emblem has us working out intense Teatime strats.

Videogames are murder simulator, the media says...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom