• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
no-one:
absolutely nobody:
not a soul i promise:
hero players using hatchet man:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
for what it's worth, the max number of units you can deploy by the final chapter is 12, which is only really room for 2-3 additional students at most

don't stress too much about recruiting from other houses, because chances are you won't be able to include that many more in your main roster anyway
If I can just have those two, I be good, but from what I heard, I think I need to put less effort into this and just take it easy.

Tho, screw Tea Time, I have restarted so many of them with the those two that I feel like I'm becoming British!:4charizard:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I'm at Chapter 4, So I'm still pretty early on, but since I'm new at this, I don't know if putting this much effort for two units is good or not for my army/students. (Like I reset alot just to get the best result possibles, but even then, sometime you give them lots of stuff and they will accept tea time, and others, you give them the same stuff and they will say no!)

Doesn't help that the thing they want are both opposite, so me getting at magic for Marianna isn't going to help for Berna much. (I have 16 Frc & 11 Mag, my Bow is still in E and I haven't raised Riding much)

Finally, it's sometime really hard to guess what answer to pick on Tea Time, so much I always miss one.

Btw, I only want those 2, the others can wait next time.
I'm not an expert at this or anything, but I don't think it's worth it to give gifts to your own students. I've been giving the random owl feathers to the people I want to recruit and its been pretty successful in building up support. From what I've heard its pretty important to get professor points from stuff like eating and fishing since it gives you more actions. Explore isn't so much about your students as it is about Byleth, since your students will be getting most of their experience from the lessons. I think Byleth will end up alright regardless of what you spec him in? Coincidentally I think we're more or less at the same chapter and on the same route, so take what I say with a grain of salt since I have the same amount of experience as you do. Personally I wouldn't do tea time since it only really builds up support with one unit and costs a whole action point when you can get the same results through gifts. From what I've heard others say it's better to focus on faculty training and chorus/eating.

this might be the least focused and least helpful thing I've written

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm at Chapter 4, So I'm still pretty early on, but since I'm new at this, I don't know if putting this much effort for two units is good or not for my army/students. (Like I reset alot just to get the best result possibles, but even then, sometime you give them lots of stuff and they will accept tea time, and others, you give them the same stuff and they will say no!)

Doesn't help that the thing they want are both opposite, so me getting at magic for Marianna isn't going to help for Berna much. (I have 16 Frc & 11 Mag, my Bow is still in E and I haven't raised Riding much)

Finally, it's sometime really hard to guess what answer to pick on Tea Time, so much I always miss one.

Btw, I only want those 2, the others can wait next time.
If you're only on Chapter 4 then don't sweat it, most people don't have anyone recruited at that point. I don't think there's anything wrong with going all-in on recruitment at that stage either, I did that while playing on Hard, and even wasted some of the points on Hilda before I realized I couldn't recruit her to the Black Eagles, and I fared just fine. It becomes a lot easier when your Professor Level goes up as well, by then Faculty Training from the other professors will really speed up ranking up your skills.

If you only want those two then it's not going to be an issue, even if their requirements don't overlap. I've heard you only need Riding at D for Marianne, so you can probably get her fairly quickly, the same was true when I recruited Ingrid and I only had D Flying and a C Support with her.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
what appears to be the problem here

View attachment 233073
gosh dang to all hecc, if I have to become British to get the girls I love, then so be it....beside...
I'm not an expert at this or anything, but I don't think it's worth it to give gifts to your own students. I've been giving the random owl feathers to the people I want to recruit and its been pretty successful in building up support. From what I've heard its pretty important to get professor points from stuff like eating and fishing since it gives you more actions. Explore isn't so much about your students as it is about Byleth, since your students will be getting most of their experience from the lessons. I think Byleth will end up alright regardless of what you spec him in? Coincidentally I think we're more or less at the same chapter and on the same route, so take what I say with a grain of salt since I have the same amount of experience as you do. Personally I wouldn't do tea time since it only really builds up support with one unit and costs a whole action point when you can get the same results through gifts. From what I've heard others say it's better to focus on faculty training and chorus/eating.

this might be the least focused and least helpful thing I've written
I think you have a good point there, less Tea Time, MORE EATING.
If you're only on Chapter 4 then don't sweat it, most people don't have anyone recruited at that point. I don't think there's anything wrong with going all-in on recruitment at that stage either, I did that while playing on Hard, and even wasted some of the points on Hilda before I realized I couldn't recruit her to the Black Eagles, and I fared just fine. It becomes a lot easier when your Professor Level goes up as well, by then Faculty Training from the other professors will really speed up ranking up your skills.

If you only want those two then it's not going to be an issue, even if their requirements don't overlap. I've heard you only need Riding at D for Marianne, so you can probably get her fairly quickly, the same was true when I recruited Ingrid and I only had D Flying and a C Support with her.
You make alot of good points there.

Hmmm...you know what? I'm feeling better about all this, but I think I need a break from the computer to relax my mind a bit, but still, thank you all for your advices!
samus thumb up.jpg

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I've future proofed my CSS by stacking echoes. Miis in one slot, perfect rectangle once the Fighter's Pass is done--easy decision for me, at least.

Of course it's heresy to everyone else--thankfully, I'm heretical. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

So yeah Hero's out and he's cool and all but **** focusing on what we already have and enjoying it, any interesting stuff pop-up from the update?

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Spoiler question for the people who beat three houses already
should I skip the month by talking with Jeritza in the part where Flayn is missing or should I dawdle around for a month to get more lessons in

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Spoiler question for the people who beat three houses already
should I skip the month by talking with Jeritza in the part where Flayn is missing or should I dawdle around for a month to get more lessons in
do the entire month, you're just missing out on skill growths and other stuff from the school period if you skip it

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think there's a higher possibility of a second pass than people think, but expecting something like some standalone Geno DLC is wack and also an awful idea
Ouch. Look, believe what you want to believe but don’t insult people like this.
View attachment 233061

I've always been a proprietor for "Fighter's Pass is all we're getting", but even though this means nothing in the now since "They could just add more", it really does feel like it'll be fighter's pass and then Sakurai's well deserved vacation.
Hey. You really never know. I don’t really feel like this feels like anything. I still don’t want to put down a solid prediction or anything because I don’t feel like we know enough about Sakurai’s dlc habits to make solid guesses. But multiple seasons of dlc are kind of the norm in fighting games right now.

Plus, doing single characters like this is less work than making a whole game so... I don’t know, I feel like he’s probably able to relax more in this cycle than he was during the main game development. And given how work life is like in Japan.... maybe it’s in his best interest to keep this going instead of ending it and getting thrown immediately into the next billion hour project. (As much as I want him to, I don’t think he’d be allowed to take a vacation.)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Aw frig that sucks
well maybe we'll finally get it if the Bear and Bird come back for real after Smash :3
I would love that. But you know there are gonna be people who are mad that the characters are talking.

Seriously. Video games are like the only medium where that can work and people still get furious when adaptations make them talk because they HAVE to. Like, come on. It can’t be the exact same thing from medium to medium. The medium it’s in fundamentally changes what the thing has to be in order for people to enjoy it.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I would love that. But you know there are gonna be people who are mad that the characters are talking.

Seriously. Video games are like the only medium where that can work and people still get furious when adaptations make them talk because they HAVE to. Like, come on. It can’t be the exact same thing from medium to medium. The medium it’s in fundamentally changes what the thing has to be in order for people to enjoy it.
It does have precedence, so if fans complain, they're not True Fans™.

D

Deleted member

One thing I noticed about Hero is that Magic Burst looks cool but it's actually really bad
It doesn't break full shields and drains your MP completely, so if you're knocked offstage too soon after using it, you're losing a stock

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I still don't understand why people thought we were going to get new alts for characters with Hero
Who thought that? I mean... why would you think that?

I mean, there’s no shame in wanting something for the game. And you have the right to be disappointed if it doesn’t come. But... I don’t know, I feel like you have to set your expectations well. Sakurai just doesn’t do alt costumes.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
People just like new content being added and the trailer showing the WoL alts increased hopes for this.
It’ll probably be added in another update, and not as an alt per se but a toggle-able effect

They only showed the Dharkon auras after all, they need to show the Galeem aura and the full body fake fighter design for both first I’d think

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It’ll probably be added in another update, and not as an alt per se but a toggle-able effect

They only showed the Dharkon auras after all, they need to show the Galeem aura and the full body fake fighter design for both first I’d think
Screw that. Where’s my fighting alloy designs? And why hasn’t Meta Crystal ever returned to Smash?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
still kinda feels surreal seeing erdrick running around on my screen after half a year of him just being a name posted over and over again in speculation

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hear me out... if we do end up getting a boss rush mode, imagine Ultra Beast Lusamine as a boss.
Still boggles my mind that aside from Pokemon Trainer, as well as trophies of Misty, Professor Oak, Professor Sycamore and the XY Trainers, Smash never really focuses on the the human characters in Pokemon.

I mean, I understand the Pokemon themselves are the stars of the show, but still... at least give the humans a little bit more love.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Still boggles me that aside from Pokemon Trainer, as well as trophies of Misty, Professor Oak, Professor Sycamore and the XY Trainers, Smash never really focuses on the the human characters in Pokemon.

I mean, I understand the Pokemon themselves are the stars of the show, but still... at least give the humans a little bit more love.
What confuses me even more is the fact that we have no spirits of trainers. Spirits are fairly easy to make, so throwing in a few trainers would be quite simple. And yeah, we do have the Pokémon Trainer fighter spirit, but you can’t really play with those.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom