• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
As a Dragon Quest fan, it's kind of funny to see how the decision to implement the JRPG mechanics that have long defined the series and genre into a fighting game has created a bonkers character. I love it.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Watching people play Hero, no reason to ban him.

Just turn items on in competitive, then everyone can be Hero. :chuckle:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Actually, I take it back, the servers crashing wouldn't even be able to compare to current madness Hero as a character is causing.

I'm loving every dang minute of it.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wahahahahahaha

Thank you Very Easy Mode

All my rage when trying to get the 9-Volt and 18-Volt Spirit has evaporated thanks to you

As for you, pesky spirit... dabs on u

Shroob

Sup?
*When you call Dragon Quest the grandfather of Jrpgs*

"Please stop praying for my Grandfather. He used Oomph and now he's too powerful."

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wahahahahahaha

Thank you Very Easy Mode

All my rage when trying to get the 9-Volt and 18-Volt Spirit has evaporated thanks to you

As for you, pesky spirit... dabs on u
Please that wasn't anything compared to the Pauline Spirit challenge or that one before you get to Snake in World of Light.

Those made me rage badly.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Liquid Metal Slime spirit battle is cool until you realise how infuriating it is.

EDIT: Just use lv 99 attack spirit to to deal not chip damage.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok, so as I expected the buff spells are CRAZY good.

The attack spells are hit or miss. Snooze and Kaboom will have their uses, but everything else is probably situational. Zoom is insane if you get it offstage though.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Hero is fun, but yeah, I can see how he's gonna need some tweaking if he's gonna be someone people consider viable in competitive play.

D

Deleted member

Ok, so as I expected the buff spells are CRAZY good.

The attack spells are hit or miss. Snooze and Kaboom will have their uses, but everything else is probably situational. Zoom is insane if you get it offstage though.
I feel like Zoom is gonna suck because it puts you onstage every time. If they know where you're gonna land it's an easy punish.
Not to mention the fact that getting it is, y'know, random.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
So what the hell are they gonna do to the css when Banjo comes?
Online will be fine but everything else will look.....odd

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hero's mobility seems solid but his Frame Data feel so clunky and slow. I definitely don't see him being a top tier in competitive, but the guy is probably still going to be fun pick in casual play at least.

It's going to take a while to get a hang of his spells. RNG based or not I can already sense this character has a learning curve.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Was kicking ass in the legend spirit battle until Ike comboed the **** out of me.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So the consensus I'm hearing is: fun character, albeit not being competitively friendly whatsoever, correct?

Seems like a character that'd be perfect for just fooling around with friends.

I'm intrigued, for sure. Can't wait to try him out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So the consensus I'm hearing is fun character, albeit not viable whatsoever, correct?

Seems like a character that'd be perfect for just fooling around with friends. I'm intrigued.
He's fun, his non-command menu specials are solid and Oomph is the golden god of this world but his frame data isn't great and a lot of the spells are situational at best or completely ****ing useless at worst.
Of course none of this matters when playing with friends, which is what you're looking for, but in terms of actual competitive viability we'll have to wait and see.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yo, Breaking Bad is one of my favorite shows of all time <3 I love practically everything about it. It's so well-made.
I agree. So many great moments in that series. I even had a hard time picking out some of my favorite moments to prove how many great moments there are.

Like this one

And as much as I love “I am the danger” scene, I can see why it would be problematic to post it here so I’m not.

Walter White in MK would be amazing. Dissolving enemies in acid, exploding wheelchairs, guns, chemicals, RVs, Remote controlled Gatling guns, and underpants all rolled into one amazing character.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
What's really important is the fact that Hero can stack Psych Up and Oomph, and then Hatchet Man Pichu to OHKO it immediately.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So the consensus I'm hearing is: fun character, albeit not being competitively friendly whatsoever, correct?

His aerial frame data is whack, Fair and Bair are slow, but nair and up air are a decent speed. His ground moves are pretty standard for a swordie.
Some of his commands are a blast to use, but others of the just suck.
His default specials are fun, and for some reason, absurdly powerful.

Yeah, I'd say he's a fun character.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I agree. So many great moments in that series. I even had a hard time picking out some of my favorite moments to prove how many great moments there are.

Like this one

And as much as I love “I am the danger” scene, I can see why it would be problematic to post it here so I’m not.

Walter White in MK would be amazing. Dissolving enemies in acid, exploding wheelchairs, guns, chemicals, RVs, Remote controlled Gatling guns, and underpants all rolled into one amazing character.
My favorite BB scene is probably the "I am the danger...the one who knocks" scene. It's such a good scene that shows Walt's degenerating character and how Skyler is trying desperately to help him and keep him grounded...but failing at it anyway.

Although, I also LOVE the scene when Jesse panics and becomes worried about Brock's life and well-being. Shows that he has a good heart underneath. Jesse's my favorite character from the show too. Big goofball at the beginning, and morphs into a very cynical, slightly more intelligent yet much more broken character by the end of it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love oomph, because I've never literally said ''Oof." when referencing something that's a yikes. I've always said ''oomph." so yeah. That **** is made for me.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Pretty much, yeah.

I honestly have no idea how well he’s gonna do in competitive because the stuff outside of Down B and RNG are... decent, but not great imo. Good power overall, but a good chunk of stuff is surprising slow tbh.

He’s just really inconsistent overall, so idk where he’s gonna end up.

Should be interesting to see.

D

Deleted member

Can't wait to hit someone with Snooze and then misinput on the command menu and wake them up with a Metal Slash :4pacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom