• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Don't mind me, just here watching the inevitable aftermath once the servers crash...

Sometimes it's fun not having Ultimate / a Switch

Elma: sea green like the X logo (also, the logo for Elma should be the one for Xenoblade Chronicles X, not OG Xenoblade)
KOS-MOS: light blue

Aaaaa thanks again tho! :love:
Hey you're welcome, it's actually a pretty relaxing pastime. Here's the final result* :
FighterPassElmaKOSMOS.png
*I can still modify it if there's anything.

I wasn't able to recreate the shadow effect around the character silouhettes and i couldn't import the font for the names but i found a similar one. So yeah, it isn't perfect but i did my best, hope you like it!

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Don't mind me, just here watching the inevitable aftermath once the servers crash...

Sometimes it's fun not having Ultimate / a Switch
What if they don't? You'll have neither Hero or something to laugh at.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Another thing, funnily enough, is that they're all Warner Bros. releases.

Maybe WB should've been more strategic with the release dates.
Godzilla 2 honestly should had been released earlier if anything (It was going to in 2018 but due to Edwards leaving and having to find new director along with avoiding competition with Fallen Kingdom delayed it). The 5 year gap also had hurt it unfortunately along with critic reviews (***** were those critics even on to begin with? One of the reasons why people shouldn't rely on Rotten Tomatoes as the word to end it all).

Good thing though Legendary are taking precautions on this and based on a recent Tweet there maybe hope for this cinematic universe after all if it continues pass Godzilla vs. Kong.

Shazam! is probably the only superhero movie at this point where I look forward to its sequel alongside Doctor Strange. Despite underperforming a sequel is in place so I'm happy for that.

Detective Pikachu though as sad as I was that didn't do as well as I would had thought feels like one of those standalone films based on how it ends but given its setting and world building I don't oppose to a sequel since how good the film was IMO.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wow that download was smooth and quick. Either Nintendo learned their lesson or Hero isn't placing as much strain on the servers.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This update is definitely working out better than Joker's did. When he came out, the bar barely progressed before coming to a stop because of too many people trying to download it, and I had to wait until the next morning to be able to play as Joker. This one is going surprisingly smoothly for me.

Don't know if I'll get any Mii costumes this time around, given my lack of familiarity with Dragon Quest; maybe the Slime hat.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm more concerned about my boi, whether he'd actually show up or they make him unbearably annoying :yoshi:
What if he's not in the movie until a dope post credits scene that sets up the Yoshi solo movie?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On the other hand. I'm glad that HTTYD:THW did pretty well. Sure not as good as the second film but still a hit but why wouldn't it? Kids love dragons as much as dinosaurs along with being an animated film to boot.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
4.0 doesn't crash the servers but introduces game breaking bugs.

Check mate Smashers.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey you're welcome, it's actually a pretty relaxing pastime. Here's the final result* :
*I can still modify it if there's anything.

I wasn't able to recreate the shadow effect around the character silouhettes and i couldn't import the font for the names but i found a similar one. So yeah, it isn't perfect but i did my best, hope you like it!
AAAA THAT IS AMAZING! Thank yooooouuuuu! :love:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I checked the DLC list, and it's worth noting that there's a free download for Nintendo Online subscribers. It's free items to use for the Spirit Board, in case anyone is still trying to get all of the spirits from that.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
soooo... anyone with the update, notice anything unique with any alternate skins or somesuch for all characters, or...?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lets just hope for Noipoi's sake that DreamWorks doesn't get the same idea and attempts to make live-action remakes of their animated films those being among HTTYD.

*Pictures live-action Toothless*

Dear god the horror.

Or even worse...

*Pictures live-action Shrek*

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Imagine going back in time a few months and showing this pic to someone with no context.
CC2953E4-0581-4BBC-91AB-A16E43236BAF.jpeg

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Lets just hope for Noipoi's sake that DreamWorks doesn't get the same idea and attempts to make live-action remakes of their animated films those being among HTTYD.

*Pictures live-action Toothless*

Dear god the horror.

Or even worse...

*Pictures live-action Shrek*

Just imagine if they dare to touch Prince of Egypt or Road to El Dorado

*shiver*

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hmm there really is no chocobo or Geno imo costume.

I know we had this debate earlier but as I said geno’s was very important and not one I think they would cut without upgrading his status, especially when he has a online icon and spirit so he’s rights are still usable.
Makes me cautiously optimistic

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Holy crap, Hero's charged specials are insane.

D

Deleted member

That was the quickest, smoothest download for new content I've ever experienced lol.

So, initial thoughts on the Hero:

Lots of startup lag

But the RNG nature of some of his stuff is a lot of fun for a casual like me lol.

Practicing against a lvl 3 CPU right now just to get the feel of him. I put Megaman to sleep with Snoose, walked up, full charged a forward smash and ended up getting a Critical Hit. I've never seen a character fly off screen so fast; I fear Megaman may have been deleted from my copy of Smash Brothers Ultimate.

EDIT: Oh, and probably huge to know: Hero's MP gauge regenerates faster when you land hits on your opponent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom