• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Soooo... any idea when the patch will drop?

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
one thing that i think will draw some contention in the future about TH's story is the lack of any one 'golden' ending where everything's all dandy and everyone gets exactly what they want

that said, i think i prefer it that way--it's certainly more interesting to make players pick between different takes on an imperfect world than to resort to revelations' "and everyone survived and lived happily ever after" deal
From what I've seen, a lot of people prefer it that way

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
what if like in a future fire emblem right

a plot important character dies because of plot

but you were playing on baby casual mode so they're revived one chapter later
Chrom: Last chapter, I lost my dear sister Emmeryn.
Emmeryn: Quit telling everyone I'm dead!
Chrom: Sometimes I still hear her voice.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
one thing that i think will draw some contention in the future about TH's story is the lack of any one 'golden' ending where everything's all dandy and everyone gets exactly what they want

that said, i think i prefer it that way--it's certainly more interesting to make players pick between different takes on an imperfect world than to resort to revelations' "and everyone survived and lived happily ever after" deal
I like those endings simply because it gives me a, “Despite those potential options, this is what happens” feeling, mainly for continuity. I also like when the leaders can come together and make peace and what not.

But I don’t think they two things have to be together make a good “golden ending”. Like, if one of the endings of TH was canon, I would probably be fine with it.

I just like the ability to say, “this is what actually happens”.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Y’all ****** are just gonna keep talkin bout three Houses huh?

Alright, see ya when Hero’s out. #nospoils
Gotta say the scene where Erdrick summons Goku to kill Grima was pretty sick

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Just had a thought: I could totally see Sakurai becoming a Let's Player in his retirement.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How does the show make you mad?
Seeing terrible **** that happens in real life and I feel like there’s nothing that can be done to stop it or fix it and the people doing it will never get punished and ARRRRRRRG.

Plus it just feels like an example of the modern media trend being “people are suffering, that means it’s good!” Like, I’m not saying I want everything to be a surgery seeet 80’s cartoon. But there needs to be SOME hope.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
honestly i'm just waiting for that datamine to hopefully reveal something interesting

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Seeing terrible **** that happens in real life and I feel like there’s nothing that can be done to stop it or fix it and the people doing it will never get punished and ARRRRRRRG.

Plus it just feels like an example of the modern media trend being “people are suffering, that means it’s good!” Like, I’m not saying I want everything to be a surgery seeet 80’s cartoon. But there needs to be SOME hope.
"Reality is often...disappointing."

It's an intense show, and it portrays prison life accurately from what I've heard. It sounds like the show isn't for you...and concerning our discussions before, dark shows don't seem to be your thing in general.

Find something lighter on the brain and heart I guess.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I cant say I understand why you still think thats coming
A couple reasons.

1. I don't understand why there would be evidence for it in the code only for it to show up 2 major updates later.
2. Near the end of the video Sakurai says "there are other new additions" then mentions how photos can be added to videos and consecutively play videos. It just seems like weird phrasing if that was all there was.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
A couple reasons.

1. I don't understand why there would be evidence for it in the code only for it to show up 2 major updates later.
2. Near the end of the video Sakurai says "there are other new additions" then mentions how photos can be added to videos and consecutively play videos. It just seems like weird phrasing if that was all there was.
Home Run Contest is a pretty significant addition though. If it were in this update, I don't see why Sakurai would completely skim over it.

Maybe in a future update, but I don't think it's in this one.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On a movie related note. I would go on to say that Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Detective Pikachu and Shazam! are pretty much the Unholy Trinity of movies this year that absolutely deserved better.

Missing Link being an honorable mention.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
On a movie related note. I would go on to say that Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Detective Pikachu and Shazam! are pretty much the Unholy Trinity of movies this year that absolutely deserved better.

Missing Link being an honorable mention.
Still haven't gotten around to watching Detective Pikachu despite it being on my viewing list.

Was it good, for video game movie standards at least?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just played a randoms match on showdown and hit 7 focus blasts in a role, wiping half my opponents team who would have otherwise curb stomped me.

They are probably pretty triggered because if even one of those lost it would be over for me, but I hit them and won.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Still haven't gotten around to watching Detective Pikachu despite it being on my viewing list.

Was it good, for video game movie standards?
Its considered the best video game adaption to this date having beaten Rampage of last year.

IMO I would definitely say it was a good film overall. Slow (And necessary) but good build up that eventually lead to a pretty satisfying climax which fitted given its premise and genre of being an detective film.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom