• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What are you guys predicting for EVO? Not necessarily Smash, but like, everyone.
Super Street Fighter V.

I don't think the slow development updates indicate SF6. I genuinely expect a major update to SFV akin to the Arcade Edition with new characters available almost immediately.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Super Street Fighter V.

I don't think the slow development updates indicate SF6. I genuinely expect a major update to SFV akin to the Arcade Edition with new characters available almost immediately.
will ken not have banana hair now or will it still look very poopy and undecisive if its wants to be cartoony or realistic

D

Deleted member

I'm a fraggin huge Doom fan, but even though I think he's gotten to a point where the dream could happen, I'm still not confident enough to say he's "likely", let a lone a lock. In fact, at this point I probably wouldn't call any character "likely" in particular, nobody has really huge stuff going for them over others, the DLC is a no man's land now.
Well, I have an inkling Banjo might get in.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Haven't shown up here in a bit because I've been playing Three Houses. Currently about to go into chapter thirteen of the Black Eagles route.

Loving it so far. The game is amazing and several characters (mainly Edelgard, Ferdinand, and Dorothea) have joined the ranks of my favorite characters in the franchise as a whole. What a wonderful game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
For EVO, I predict that a thousand people will predict Marvel vs Capcom 4.
I want it badly. But I don't think it will happen.

Seriously, just 2 it and reuse all the assets from 3 and Infinite (and all of Infinite's scrapped DLC which you can tout as new characters).

Do I think it will happen, hell no. Capcom is scared of Fighting Games now. Plus if It is happening, it's gonna be a next gen title so it won't happen at this EVO.

Super Street Fighter V.

Probably. Makes the most sense. I just hope it's not too expensive of an upgrade from the last version. Plus I would love it to top USFIV's complete roster.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Heh. I was looking for a Three Houses OST playlist that wasn't taken down by Nintendo yet, but found this instead.

Love musical humor.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Well, you and I have differing opinions on SoV and Awakening. But yes.

The game is much grander than what the 3DS could handle and everything added feels like it belongs. It's not just a bigger FE game. It's a whole one without compromises.
....Alright, I will give Three Houses a shot. If it really is this good, I'll play it. Lets hope it'll be wortb it.
For EVO, I predict that a thousand people will predict Marvel vs Capcom 4.
]
Hey man, a guy can dream can't he?
Whatever happen to the SMT X FE crossover. I actually wanted to play that.
It became sin.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Whatever happen to the SMT X FE crossover. I actually wanted to play that.
It became Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

From what I've heard, it's a good game if you can forgive it for not being the SMT x FE game they originally teased. And then further forgive it for how overtly Japanese it is. Like, if it was an American game it would have the pledge of allegiance before every chapter.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Haven't shown up here in a bit because I've been playing Three Houses. Currently about to go into chapter thirteen of the Black Eagles route.

Loving it so far. The game is amazing and several characters (mainly Edelgard, Ferdinand, and Dorothea) have joined the ranks of my favorite characters in the franchise as a whole. What a wonderful game.
Right? Dorothea has completely won me over. She adds to every support she's in. She's so real.

Which house are you playing?
Black Eagles all the way. Though throughout the game I've made a lot of favorite characters from the other two houses. I'm excited to play through again and get to interact with them more.

Iridium

Smash Hero
What are you guys predicting for EVO? Not necessarily Smash, but like, everyone.
My favorite player wins.

Maybe he just wanted to refer to him as Arusu, then. It’s completely possible that it isn’t a spoiler related reason.
Maybe this is why? I don't know to what extent does Sakurai pay attention to manga, especially from DQ, but it's possible.

Actually, it might be tied to an important part of the game that I did remember.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Should I actually get TH? I always thought FE Heros had fun gameplay.....

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
For Evo, I predict...

A remake of MvC 2.

Hah, just kidding, that'll never happen.

Unless...
If they do this AND the asset resusing 3/Infinite crossover whatever that I want, the Marvel vs. Capcom brand will be completely restored.

I've always said that they should remake 2 in the same way as Super Street Fighter II HD Remix was done. Just draw new HD sprites and slap them on the classic gameplay and stages.

D

Deleted member

I still need to find out a good place to get the entire lore, honestly.
An Overwatch wikia will probably do the trick. Lore has built up over the years, but there's not really that much lore.

'Overwatch' used to be a team of heroes that were united from around the globe to go on missions like protecting a dignitary or tracking a terrorist group etc.

At some point in the past before the game, (bits and pieces of what 'truly happened' are teased more each year) something happened to cause Governments to enact an official disbanding of the Overwatch group (I guess you can think of them as having been S.H.I.E.L.D. and the main terrorist group they fought, T.A.L.O.N., was like Hydra).

The game's 'present day' (as implied by watching the opening) is Winston trying to get the team back together since he knows T.A.L.O.N. is still active and the world needs them; whether they realize it or not.

New Characters have appeared (roughly 4 a year; dlc of characters, maps, and events have always been free) that add to the lore and 'progress' the story little by little. I'm not super positive on the timeline, but I believe that Orisa (an AI centaur robot created by a 13yr old girl in Somalia I think?) is the 'newest' member. Game release wise, Ashe was the last (female western-themed girl with a rifle; think Bonnie like Bonnie & Clyde) and Sigma (a Dutch Astrophyscist) will be releasing soon (he's currently on the PTR; Public Test Realm; so bugs can be worked out and players can play test him).

EDIT: Nevermind; Baptiste was the most recent release; I forgot! He's a healer from Haiti)

Last edited by a moderator:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Hard to believe that the writers of Three Houses are the same writers who wrote Fire Emblem Warriors. The quality of writing between the two is absolutely astonishing.

It became Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

From what I've heard, it's a good game if you can forgive it for not being the SMT x FE game they originally teased. And then further forgive it for how overtly Japanese it is. Like, if it was an American game it would have the pledge of allegiance before every chapter.
One can argue that Three Houses is arguably the true SMT x FE game that people truly wanted.

It is the most accessible Fire Emblem title and has the best characters and writing in the modern Fire Emblem era. You should jump in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tekken I have a feeling might just get nothing, unless I missed something it feels like the DLC for the game is pretty much wrapped up, and it's way too soon for Tekken 8.
Street Fighter is probably getting a Super edition, yeah, or at the very least a full reveal of the remaining DLC characters.
Arc-Sys has Janemba obviously, and afaik Cross Tag still has expected DLC, but the dream is a brand new game. Not sure what IP it could be, but now that's it been mentioned a new Hokuto no Ken fighting game would be sick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i haven't had a game capture literally every waking moment of my life quite like it in years

so yea it's ok i guess

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm personally waiting until my next Paycheck to buy Three Houses, but let me tell you, hearing all this nonstop praise for that game is not making the wait easy for me.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Right? Dorothea has completely won me over. She adds to every support she's in. She's so real.

Black Eagles all the way. Though throughout the game I've made a lot of favorite characters from the other two houses. I'm excited to play through again and get to interact with them more.
I'm thinking I'll do Black Eagles for my second run. I'm playing Blue Lions right now.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm personally waiting until my next Paycheck to buy Three Houses, but let me tell you, hearing all this nonstop praise for that game is not making the wait easy for me.
well dont let the praise get in your head and cause massive disappointment

im just "eh" i could buy the game but i also like having money

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
So I heard a lot of buzz that Hero is the Envoy of OP and that his coming is going to upset the meta almost as bad as faeries did in Pokemon.

Potato_

Smash Lord

I'm really curious as to how different the three routes are. I'm on chapter 9 for Blue Lions and so far the missions seem pretty specific to the house.

The dialogue isn't great at times for certain characters but the story actually has me more interested than anything FE in recent times, I'm real happy with it.
Only real complaint I have is the difficulty being real easy, so I'll probably be doing Hard next route.

also I'm telling you guys Annette is so precious go recruit her

D

Deleted member

An Overwatch wikia will probably do the trick. Lore has built up over the years, but there's not really that much lore.

'Overwatch' used to be a team of heroes that were united from around the globe to go on missions like protecting a dignitary or tracking a terrorist group etc.

At some point in the past before the game, (bits and pieces of what 'truly happened' are teased more each year) something happened to cause Governments to enact an official disbanding of the Overwatch group (I guess you can think of them as having been S.H.I.E.L.D. and the main terrorist group they fought, T.A.L.O.N., was like Hydra).

The game's 'present day' (as implied by watching the opening) is Winston trying to get the team back together since he knows T.A.L.O.N. is still active and the world needs them; whether they realize it or not.

New Characters have appeared (roughly 4 a year; dlc of characters, maps, and events have always been free) that add to the lore and 'progress' the story little by little. I'm not super positive on the timeline, but I believe that Orisa (an AI centaur robot created by a 13yr old girl in Somalia I think?) is the 'newest' member. Game release wise, Ashe was the last (female western-themed girl with a rifle; think Bonnie like Bonnie & Clyde) and Sigma (a Dutch Astrophyscist) will be releasing soon (he's currently on the PTR; Public Test Realm; so bugs can be worked out and players can play test him).
Oh yeah, I get all that, but I can’t help but feel there’s parts I’m missing. lol

Also, Wrecking Ball all the way. He’s cute, he’s funny, and Hammond is voiced by Dee Brasdley Baker, who is not only and inspiration but a voice over LEGEND.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
At this point, the “representation” FF has is pathetic and downright embarrassing.

-DQ which is also a SE franchise has a fighter with 3 different characters as alts, 8 music tracks, 4 Mii costumes, and 7 spirits, did I mention that Sugiyama is a stingy jerk who denied war crimes?

-Meanwhile FF still has 2 tracks, 0 ATs and Spirits, while Cloud’s Fighter Spirit isn’t his own FF artwork as they reused his Ultimate render and the content even decreases by no Choboco hat.

It’s a freaking mystery why these composers have such a stick up their ***.

Can’t wait for Banjo to blow us away with Mega Man/Castlevania levels of content/music considering how on board Rare & Mircosoft were during the reveal.

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
I'm really curious as to how different the three routes are. I'm on chapter 9 for Blue Lions and so far the missions seem pretty specific to the house.

The dialogue isn't great at times for certain characters but the story actually has me more interested than anything FE in recent times, I'm real happy with it.
Only real complaint I have is the difficulty being real easy, so I'll probably be doing Hard next route.

also I'm telling you guys Annette is so precious go recruit her
The routes differ a lot when the second half of the game rolls in.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Dorothea legitimately went from a character that wasn't even on my radar pre-release to one of my absolute favorite Three Houses characters and it happened way too fast, haha. Her support chains with Bernadetta and Ferdinand are some of my favorites in the entire series, which is definitely saying something.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
if i buy three houses im going with golden deer

****ing bite me bro

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Only way Three Houses could be improved.
Mod it so that Claude spends the whole game upside down an no-one comments on it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
At this point, the “representation” FF has is pathetic and downright embarrassing.

-DQ which is also a SE franchise has a fighter with 3 different characters as alts, 8 music tracks, 4 Mii costumes, and 7 spirits, did I mention that Sugiyama is a stingy jerk who denied war crimes?

-Meanwhile FF still has 2 tracks, 0 ATs and Spirits, while Cloud’s Fighter Spirit isn’t his own FF artwork as they reused his Ultimate render and the content even decreases by no Choboco hat.

It’s a freaking mystery why these composers have such a stick up their ***.

Can’t wait for Banjo to blow us away with Mega Man/Castlevania levels of content/music considering how on board Rare & Mircosoft were during the reveal.
The funny thing is that Square basically has the same amount of content too. Geno's costume became a Spirit. And the Chocobo Costume is now basically a Mallow Spirit.

But yeah, it's ridiculous. Just how much are they charging for all this? It also implies that Smash 4 and Ultimate were licensed separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom