• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
the only thing about modern FE that bugs me is that when characters talk i feel like i dont want anyone to see me playing it

like please no dont look at the little girl on the throne it isnt like that please stop

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
grey out here recommending the game when he's not even finished it, smh smh

for the record, you're completely right
I know, I know.

It's only because I can't stop thinking about the game and I have no way of playing it. So talking about it is the next best thing.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
For EVO 2018, I think it's the perfect time for the rest of Dragon Ball Fighterz' Wave 2 of DLC to be shown off, as it's been awhile since the release of GT Goku. Anyone guessing how Broly & Gogeta will play like?

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
I'll quote what I wrote for the TV Tropes Laconic page for 3H. I'd say it nails the basic premise of the game well.

Three houses in a military academy stumble upon a conspiracy to undermine the Church that keeps order in the continent. Things get much, much worse for everyone involved.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just how much are they charging for all this?
i mean think about it, each hero was treated like their own character with their own tracks

imagine if he paid quadruple the price just for basically 1 character and 3 echo fightesr

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yeah, I’m only on Chapter 9 with over 30 hours logged. What really makes this Fire Emblem game the bomb is the way you interact, and recruit, new units.

It’s especially impactful for me as an actual teacher to play the game, determine the best potential growth for your students, learn more about them as individuals, and helping hem succeed.

I’m playing Normal/Classic right now, and because I’m over leveled (mostly because I spend more time than necessary exploring, and manually doing lesson planning every week) I steamroll every map I’m on. The writing for the characters is excellent as well.

My favorite thing, aside from the structured gameplay (which I hope is in it going forward), is the story. It keep you guessing. In my play through right now, I legit don’t know who I can actually trust. Weirdly enough, on the flip side, after a huge week of boosting stats, my team completely obliterated a main mission and I was actually...proud of them. Just looking back at what they were at the beginning, and how they’ve grown. It’s something that can only be provided by the way the game is set up, with instruction, exploration, and an intriguing narrative that makes you care about your students.

Plus, while I will most likely be romancing Edelgard, it’s actually a struggle because of how much I love the personalities of the other characters.

If the story ends up as good as it could be, it may replace the Tellius saga as my favorite.

It’s good. Real good.

Edit: Also every battle theme ****ing slaps. 10/10 soundtrack

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Three houses in a military academy stumble upon a conspiracy to undermine the Church that keeps order in the continent.
So you're telling me Martin Luther isn't the main character of this game because...?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
i mean think about it, each hero was treated like their own character with their own tracks

imagine if he paid quadruple the price just for basically 1 character and 3 echo fightesr
I had no idea EA published Smash Bros.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

MAybe that's why he joked about not having much of a budget for the showcase. Maybe they really didn't as they had to pay 4x as much on licencing.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'll quote what I wrote for the TV Tropes Laconic page for 3H. I'd say it nails the basic premise of the game well.

Three houses in a military academy stumble upon a conspiracy to undermine the Church that keeps order in the continent. Things get much, much worse for everyone involved.
"and then things got worse" is an apt summary of three houses' story

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I mean for the FF and SMRPG content in Ultimate's base. The Dragon Quest content is pretty clearly easier to license as is.

Mind you, we don't know what's happening with the other costumes that are tied to companies who just got DLC, so eh. Could be cut. Could be a later Mii Costume Pack.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Is TH's plot good? I tried to look it up but it's not online anywhere
Because it's a spoiler to even really say what the plot will be. How the game starts is not how it finishes at all.

The story on a day-to-day, though, is good, yes. It's a well-written, character-driven story.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Because it's a spoiler to even really say what the plot will be.
yeah yeah yeah, medieval society is going against the Catholic Church and Martin Luther is the final boss

how do i shag some of these medieval babes

edit: wait **** im the teacher go back go back

Last edited:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
If the story ends up as good as it could be, it may replace the Tellius saga as my favorite.
No way. There is no way the writing and characters in Three Houses can rival Tellius's. Now I have to get this game to see what you and everyone else is talking about, because I don't believe you (no offense).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
People are overreacting so bad to Hero's everything all across the internet. People in the Competitive Character Impressions Thread are arguing over if he's going to make Shulk, Link and Robin obsolete or not.

I'm not sure if I find this frustrating or hilarious.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
People are overreacting so bad to Hero's everything all across the internet. People in the Competitive Character Impressions Thread are arguing over if he's going to make Shulk, Link and Robin obsolete or not.

i hate how people are comparing accelerate to shulk

like goddamn is f-air spam all we mean to you people? buster b throw back slash exists too, man.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If they do this AND the asset resusing 3/Infinite crossover whatever that I want, the Marvel vs. Capcom brand will be completely restored.

I've always said that they should remake 2 in the same way as Super Street Fighter II HD Remix was done. Just draw new HD sprites and slap them on the classic gameplay and stages.
I think it would be fun if Marvel's sprites were drawn by marvel artists, and Capcom's sprites were drawn by UDON ones.

Striga

Smash Journeyman

All I can say is I'm glad I don't play Smash competively.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
aaaaaaaa thanks so muchhhhh

I really hope to be in one of their future productions, so they fact that they thought my audition wasn’t totally crap and added me to a list of voice actors is great.

They actually said they denied me because I sounded to American, which I totally get. The characters in-game speak a different language, so perhaps they were looking for something else.
:3 That's honestly a great achievement! ^U^ And well, who knows what the future holds for ya? Hopefully it will be great!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Ngl, his default special moves are somewhat similar to Robin.

But Robin was already obsolete lol.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Now that Hero's been covered, I guess the next thing for me to look forward to is more SwSh info. Feels like we'll get something by next week.

Speaking of which, does anyone else feel like they're revealing information at a much slower pace than usual? The game is almost three months away and I feel like we still don't know much.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm glad to hear that Three Houses is pleasing people quality-wise. Right now I have a bit too much on my plate to also add on a [however many hours long the game is]-RPG, but I've never given the Inferno Symbol series a proper look, so who knows.
Still can't believe that box-art though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
hmmmm yeah ive decided

not gonna buy three houses today or maybe even ever

or maybe ill impulse buy it as i make my way through town tonight

SonicMario

Smash Master
I seem to recall that some people found a trick to getting Joker despite the massive server issues last time. Though by the time I saw that post I think I had already gotten Joker the hard way (Sheer perseverance). If that can be dug out somewhere, it may help some of us with the hassle if similar issues pop up again.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I seem to recall that some people found a trick to getting Joker despite the massive server issues last time. Though by the time I saw that post I think I had already gotten Joker the hard way (Sheer perseverance). If that can be dug out somewhere, it may help some of us with the hassle if similar issues pop up again.
you just had to basically return your smash bruddas to factory settings and reinstall the games updates entirely

just have a good internet connection and dont be a dummy like me having the entire game update for 15 hours

Noipoi

Howdy!
Now that Hero's been covered, I guess the next thing for me to look forward to is more SwSh info. Feels like we'll get something by next week.

Speaking of which, does anyone else feel like they're revealing information at a much slower pace than usual? The game is almost three months away and I feel like we still don't know much.
We got one trailer this month

Sun and Moon gave us three in July

They’re definitely being slow with the trailers this time

I expect the next one around August 9th

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
one thing that i think will draw some contention in the future about TH's story is the lack of any one 'golden' ending where everything's all dandy and everyone gets exactly what they want

that said, i think i prefer it that way--it's certainly more interesting to make players pick between different takes on an imperfect world than to resort to revelations' "and everyone survived and lived happily ever after" deal

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
one thing that i think will draw some contention in the future about TH's story is the lack of any one 'golden' ending where everything's all dandy and everyone gets exactly what they want

that said, i think i prefer it that way--it's certainly more interesting to make players pick between different takes on an imperfect world than to resort to revelations' "and everyone survived and lived happily ever after" deal
even if they're all not that dandy there still has to be a "canon" one they're gonna use years later no matter how many endings you pick

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

You know except scarlet.

A cool character who they ****ing destroyed sadly.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Just got to the ball in TH

child dimitri and edelgard are so adorable jesus

That was one of the biggest complaints people had about Revelations back in Fates, that it basically invalidated the other routes. Not to mention it did so in a way that felt really hamfisted.

This way is much better IMO because like you said, it's up to the player's judgement. I doubt people are going to dislike it.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Y’all ****** are just gonna keep talkin bout three Houses huh?

Alright, see ya when Hero’s out. #nospoils
noipoi why would we spoil it if a majority of us havent even beaten the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom