• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Home Run Contest is a pretty significant addition though. If it were in this update, I don't see why Sakurai would completely skim over it.
It wasn't in the video's budget.

StormC

Smash Hero
Finished saving all my replays so I'm ready for Hero which means it's gonna take me 3 hours before I can download him.

Still haven't gotten around to watching Detective Pikachu despite it being on my viewing list.

Was it good, for video game movie standards at least?
It's pretty fun, it's not mindblowing or anything but Pokemon fans should enjoy the nostalgia and fanservice.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Still haven't gotten around to watching Detective Pikachu despite it being on my viewing list.

Was it good, for video game movie standards at least?
It could benefit from being a bit longer, but yes.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Meanwhile Lion King has hit a billion in just less then a week convincing Disney to continue on with these lifeless cash grabs on people's nostalgia. Seems not even Rotten Tomatoes nor the reviews could had stopped it. Power of Disney yo! Just need to have Disney labeled and its an instant hit unfortunately...

Joy...I definitely can't wait for the inevitable live-action Lilo & Stitch with the abomination that'll be CGI Stitch...-_-

*Sarcasm*

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
"Reality is often...disappointing."

It's an intense show, and it portrays prison life accurately from what I've heard. It sounds like the show isn't for you...and concerning our discussions before, dark shows don't seem to be your thing in general.

Find something lighter on the brain and heart I guess.
Something like Breaking Bad...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Its considered the best video game adaption to this date having beaten Rampage of last year.

IMO I would definitely say it was a good film overall. Slow (And necessary) but good build up that eventually lead to a pretty satisfying climax which fitted given its premise and genre of being an detective film.
It's pretty fun, it's not mindblowing or anything but Pokemon fans should enjoy the nostalgia and fanservice.
Hmmmm... sounds like a simple redbox rental to me.

Will try to catch it (pun) once I have the chance.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Meanwhile Lion King has hit a billion in just less then a week convincing Disney to continue on with these lifeless cash grabs on people's nostalgia. Seems not even Rotten Tomatoes nor the reviews could had stopped it. Power of Disney yo! Just need to have Disney labeled and its an instant hit unfortunately...

Joy...I definitely can't wait for the inevitable live-action Lilo & Stitch with the abomination that'll be CGI Stitch...-_-

*Sarcasm*
Disney's not the only company to make financially successful movies with low critical reception.

D

Deleted member

I just realized we got a Veronica costume.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So during the gameplay trailer, was anyone like”There’s more?!” when showing off his Down Specials.

Because that was me when I was watching it. I was waiting for Coffezzle where he instantly brews a hot cup of coffee for a boost of speed and jumping height and then can toss it for burning damage. Expressizzle and Cappuchizzle would also be featured which has slightly different attributes. After the slew of down specials that were shown off, having Coffee-type spells wouldn’t have shocked me.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero

It's an intense show, and it portrays prison life accurately from what I've heard. It sounds like the show isn't for you...and concerning our discussions before, dark shows don't seem to be your thing in general.

She should watch Neon Genesis Evangelion. A fun, lighthearted high school anime series.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Like Madoka Magica, a totally normal magical girl anime where nothing bad happens ever...?

:troll:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Disney's not the only company to make financially successful movies with low critical reception.
The other problem with Disney today is how corrupted and greedy of a company it is and guarantee hypocrisy behind their doors. While I think they do still make good movies (MCU only at this point, lost interest in their animated films due to reliant of recycled tropes) I think they're an absolute piece of **** company. Not the man himself (No one is perfect, everyone is flawed including myself and he was a man who knew he was flawed and even if those flaws were true which they might had not been since they were assumptions) but the company today.

As thrilled and happy I am Gunn is back to directing Guardians 3 a part of me honestly actually wishes he didn't and told Disney **** you and moved on with his life continuing his career because yeah fire someone for something stupid they did or said ten years ago given not everyone are the same person as they were back then including myself.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
She should watch Neon Genesis Evangelion. A fun, lighthearted high school anime series.

YouTube recommending me every single version of Kom Susser Tod in existence told me everything I needed to know about Evangelion.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Seeing terrible **** that happens in real life and I feel like there’s nothing that can be done to stop it or fix it and the people doing it will never get punished and ARRRRRRRG.

Plus it just feels like an example of the modern media trend being “people are suffering, that means it’s good!” Like, I’m not saying I want everything to be a surgery seeet 80’s cartoon. But there needs to be SOME hope.
Psst... by bringing attention to these issues, more and more people are gonna care about it, and try to make a change.

D

Deleted member

At this point, the “representation” FF has is pathetic and downright embarrassing.

-DQ which is also a SE franchise has a fighter with 3 different characters as alts, 8 music tracks, 4 Mii costumes, and 7 spirits, did I mention that Sugiyama is a stingy jerk who denied war crimes?

-Meanwhile FF still has 2 tracks, 0 ATs and Spirits, while Cloud’s Fighter Spirit isn’t his own FF artwork as they reused his Ultimate render and the content even decreases by no Choboco hat.

It’s a freaking mystery why these composers have such a stick up their ***.

Can’t wait for Banjo to blow us away with Mega Man/Castlevania levels of content/music considering how on board Rare & Mircosoft were during the reveal.
Going to be interesting the amount of content BK will bring, but I seriously doubt any DLC character will come close to Megaman or CV.

StormC

Smash Hero
I could see Banjo having the most songs out of any of the DLC characters because the licensing is relatively trivial compared to lyrical Persona songs and Sugiyama music, but I wouldn't expect more than say, 15-20, and most of those would probably be MIDI rips.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
One thing I see that Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Shazam! and Detective Pikachu had in common is they all suffered a big blow from Avengers: Endgame given how big of an event that movie was. Other movies also were affected by it as well.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I could see Banjo havjng the most so far, but that depends on who DLC characters 5&6 would be. Remember, with Smash 4, up until Bayo, Ryu had the most new content out of the newcomers, and she was the last one.

And Ryu got 6 songs, 2 of which were remixes, a unique music gimmick with his stage, and 4 trophies, which for DLC newcomer for Smash 4, was pretty servicable.

Then again, his other main competition was Cloud, so lol.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
One thing I see that Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Shazam! and Detective Pikachu had in common is they all suffered a big blow from Avengers: Endgame given how big of an event that movie was. Other movies also were affected by it as well.
Another thing, funnily enough, is that they're all Warner Bros. releases.

Maybe they should've been more strategic with the release dates.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I swear this maintenance better result in people actually being able to download Hero and not a repeat of 3.0

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, I know people brought up Castlevania and Mega Man as prime examples of franchises that hit the jackpot, but imo, Street Fighter got almost as lucky. All the songs from SF2 were put in the game, 2 new remixes, a new character in Ken, a whole map put in World of Light, tons of spirits, and the like.

Btw, my game's updating.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh hey, it's downloading

Don't read this so I can get the patch without server crashes