• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

mio

Smash Ace
whenever i pick my character, a lot of ppl say "i used to main luigi...". I'm waiting for someone to follow up with "but then I pu$$ed out", but it hasn't happened yet

mio

Smash Ace
dude johnny i played u like once earlier in the year, u haven't seen me play in a while. ive beaten everyone at ucla except you daniel and hmw, and i think that's pretty good for my 1st year of seriously practicing.

DJMirror

Smash Master
I STILL wanna see Miharu vs Mio

That **** didn't happen at WinterGameFest at all because none of them show up!

Brian got thisssss

Lovage

Smash Hero
whenever i pick my character, a lot of ppl say "i used to main luigi...". I'm waiting for someone to follow up with "but then I pu$$ed out", but it hasn't happened yet
please don't adopt the "i play a bad character so i'm a superior player" attitude

D

Deleted member

u are clearly one of those people who think that i'm making a personal attack on you because i think somebody else is better

since u claim to not be able to beat resident waffle (not home made waffles) i don't think ur very good mio thats all

brian uses a better character than gimmick luigi and hes better than resident waffle so im pretty sure hes better than you overall, why should i lie when i think thats the truth?

you aren't even ranked in the ucla smash club and if i recall correctly you either got last place in our club tournament or close to last. I don't believe for a second that you beat Chris either. If you did, cool. You also definitely have not beaten Dunskies either.

you're also a lame spot jacker when i'm standing 4 feet away :( didn't matter much since u got ***** by gurbir when you played but still..

Adam M!

Smash Lord
i think no one should bet on me yet

this summer im just going to get worse until i get back in to practice
not true

the biggest problem you still suck is you have zero confidence. the above quote is only true if you believe it to be.

u are clearly one of those people who think that i'm making a personal attack on you because i think somebody else is better
nope, he's just a lonely know-it-all [insert insult] looking for attention

Adam M!

Smash Lord
it's hard to have confidence when i lose my tech skill if i dont play for a week
everyone loses something when they don't do an activity they are normally good at for a week. if i dont work out for a week and then i run a mile and a half it feels like hell even tho i ran a mile and a half the previous 4 weeks. just make the best out of it imo

SuperRad

Smash Master
everyone loses something when they don't do an activity they are normally good at for a week. if i dont work out for a week and then i run a mile and a half it feels like hell even tho i ran a mile and a half the previous 4 weeks. just make the best out of it imo
word
you know that i just dont have the mental toughness (right now)

GOTTA GET MEAN :mad:

Atlus8

Smash Master
It was strange for me the last several months when I decided to get better! I hardly practice at home, but I might have watched more videos in those months than I did last year! When I went to Larry's like two months ago, I realized that I just absorbed some s#!+! I started to edge cancel the s#!+ out of my aerials, use the weak side of the bair to continue the combo, and know when NOT to approach!

Feels mighty nice!

Adam M!

Smash Lord
yeah i wanted to say wow atlus you got a lot better but i figured i just sucked and/or underrated u in da past anyway

TY FOR NOT SPOILING IT STEVEN

WATCHING. IT. NOW.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
keeping your hands moving quick like that is kinda like setting a momentum so you don't slum later in the game.
they press that fast cause that's the pace they want to be at for the game, thats why you see them shuffling through workers in the beginning of matches. effective apm for those pros generally stays around 250-350 excluding intense micro battles during macro. even though each of those pros can go hit well over 420 apm, it's impractical unless you're honestly trying to move like a lightning bolt and moving every unit individually for perfect micro

there's a thread in the teamliquid about how necessary is high apm.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=105101

mio

Smash Ace
thanks for the explanation johnny, i thoroughly understand why you don't think im good now lol

you gotta let go of that spot jacking incident though dude, this is like the 3rd or 4th time you've brought up how much it bothered you lol. first of all i don't give a **** and will probably do it again, second you weren't even ready for your match (which is why I took it, i thought the tv was free), you didn't realize I had jacked your spot until i was halfway through getting ***** by gurbir

Top Bottom