• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Is it possible that you changed some setting with the codecs?
What media player are you using?
When you say you reinstalled, do you mean you:
- Uninstalled all existing codecs+stuff, and generally made sure there wasn't anything you recently installed that's related
- Rebooted
- Installed codecs+stuff again
- Rebooted

If you don't wanna deal with troubleshooting, you could always just do a System Restore to see if that fixes the problem (it should)

EDIT:

If it starts every time you reboot, then there might be a startup program causing it.
Check what programs launch at startup either by looking in
Start>All Programs>Startup,
Start>Run>typing in "msconfig">Startup tab,
or downloading
CCleaner>go to Tools>Startup, and selectively disable or enable startup programs.
Usually most of these don't need to startup with the computer, the exceptions being special drivers or "ctfmon".
MSConfig will allow you to disable all startup programs, so i recommend trying that first.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I was using Media Player Classic at the time! After I did much editing/converting I turned it off and that was that! I turned it back on and I couldn't do much s#!+! The editing program wasn't even reading the files I was using the night before! I reinstalled Media Player Classic and nothing! I realized that I didn't have Windows Media Player installed so I did that and it worked! So, I worked on some stuff, turned the computer off and the problem came back in the morning! I was really upset cause I couldn't even get my capture card to work either!

So, I decided to get another media player called GOM! I installed that and it worked! At this point, I said to myself "If I turn the computer off, I know it's gonna f**k up again!" I turned it off and it was f***ed up again! I look up this problem and realized it my be some codecs! I look up some codecs, install them and it works again! I restarted the computer and yeah . . . at this point I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, defrag, disk clean up, etc. and the problem keeps coming! I finally decided to NOT turn off the computer and instead put it on Hibernation . . . it worked! I was already at the end of my project by the time I put it on hibernation, but the problem is still there!

Right now I can open files fine, it's just when I try to open files the first time after I start up that it takes quite a while!

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
I dunno what to tell you to be honest
Hibernation makes sense because that saves your current machine state.
I still recommend System Restore though. (Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore)
I also recommend that in the future, you create System Restore points whenever you install new programs/make big changes to your computer, in case you don't already.
If you don't have System Restore on...then I dunno again lol

I gotta go so I won't be able to reply anymore, but good luck!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You guys make me sad. :(
Maybe I should post here more so people don't forget me or something.

As for the video problem, I had the same thing happen to me on my other laptop. Video files won't run and it'll give me an error. I didn't do any video editing, and I didn't mess with any of the video options for Media Player Classic. It just randomly happened one day. After uninstalling and reinstalling, I still have the same problem.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I have a different video problem. I recently got my recording setup working, and I'm able to record videos, but they come out choppy - the sound and video start out synced, then one gets ahead of the other over the span of 10 seconds, and then the video snaps to correct it. It does this throughout the whole video. Otherwise the video and sound quality is pretty good, but the video is basically unwatchable with all the discontinuities. I'm using Pinnacle Studio 10, on a virtual XP machine on my Windows 7 laptop.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
The audio is perfectly fine, it's the video that has the discontinuities and snaps back/forward to match the audio.

pockyD

Smash Legend
it probably means your system doesn't have enough memory to process it that quickly

so you'll either have to decrease the quality, decrease the amount of compression (compressing is where most of the hangups are at; almost all systems nowadays are good 'enough' to record uncompressed, but you get truly huge files), or get more RAM

in your case, i recall you doing it through a virtual machine? i'm pretty sure that will only introduce more bottlenecks

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Fly/Hyuga:
I did robot planes in 8 parts, 18 seconds. Have you gotten better than that?

Edit:

Just realized roboplanes != rocket planes

Gishnak

Smash Ace
brian is give up robot worth playing through on hard mode?

do the mechanics change at all?
Dunno depends on if you want that sense of accomplishment.

They are frustrating and difficult levels, but that's the point. The mechanics are the same, it just tests your patience.

That being said, I'm glad I beat it on hard mode.

Top Bottom