• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
alright then... i've spent the last hour or so talking with champ and engdrew (UCSD go to guy)

so right now the tentative date for a national tournament would be oct 16, 17 (18?) but probably just the first 2. I'm going to arrange a meeting with some university center organizers for the ballroom. but looks pretty good as of now.

any ideas for a good name?

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Also ( I have no idea how you would go about fixing this but....), our big tourney threads never get any hype outside of the pacwest boards.

And if they do get posted in the tourney listings board, they just get washed back 2 or 3 pages. We need some way to get more hype haha

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
woooow, east coast has a national tournament every month in the fall... that's kind of dumb.

stab, just have a bunch of pacwest folks post in it in the tournament zone. particularly people like mango and zhu

ANTi_

Smash Hero
woooow, east coast has a national tournament every month in the fall... that's kind of dumb.

stab, just have a bunch of pacwest folks post in it in the tournament zone. particularly people like mango and zhu
Ayo you hosting another one of those huge tournaments anytime soon?

Lovage

Smash Hero
brawl to's are hosting "nationals" like every 3 weeks

im fine with melee or maybe melee/brawl west coast regionals that WA and AZ come out for like NSH and mango juice

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
anti - well i was trying to plan a huge tournament, but east coast has everything locked down for a while

I could hype up WGF'11, but the only problem with that is the payouts are fixed to our budget and it's extremely time constrained. brawl hasn't finished on time for the last two years. but yeah i guess that might be our next best bet.

and yes the venue is amazing. it's the same venue i'd get if we hosted a national somewhere along the way

embracethe12

Smash Lord
that's terrifying!
old cracked chapel floor in a cemetery lit purely by moonlight
all you can hear is that sound echoing

edit:

nvm, i just muted it and played crashman's theme

s'all good

MaNg0

Smash Hero
hailikefood 1:12 am
(1:12:06 AM): im gunna do pushups

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

Kira-

Smash Champion
Lol seriously I thought it was an alien

Are you sure she doesn't have some weird leg disease?

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
if you watch the full version....it talks

@dave
someone somewhere said that it appears to have down syndrome something else, which is why it doesn't walk (yet). and that it's actually probably a toddler, not a baby. it also explains the head shape

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
he/she is disabled. saw the legit video couple weeks ago, other uploads had her in a wheel chair and ****. something's clearly wrong with her bones

Lovage

Smash Hero
wow thanks bros way to ruin the video so i can never watch it again and laugh thanks for removing joy from peoples lives TY

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
HER BODY IS MADE OF JELLO HOW THE HELL COULD YOU NOT SEE THAT YOURSELF

:D

HER FACE IS ALSO CLEARLY

don't act like you wouldn't laugh if you knew she was ******** from the beginning =D

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
i've been spoiled by the smash community and how it strives for quality when it comes to recording matches.i've been looking up some abel videos for ssf4 and theyre all just camcorders in front of tvs

Kira-

Smash Champion
I got two number on the lotto and got f***en excited! Hahahhaa!
omg atlus
don't do it

i've been spoiled by the smash community and how it strives for quality when it comes to recording matches.i've been looking up some abel videos for ssf4 and theyre all just camcorders in front of tvs
that's actually my favorite type of recording

You can hear the crowd noises and see the player reactions and everything. You know how watching matches online and watching matches in person is such a huge difference? That camcorder style brings it slightly closer to the in-person side.

If you haven't noticed a difference, well basically you can understand why a player made a move much more easily than simply watching on youtube

Top Bottom