• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

Lovage

Smash Hero
imagine if they made new n64 controllers with better A/B buttons and a sturdy control stick that wasn't made out of hard plastic

joeplicate

Smash Master
wow joe this is amazing advice

it's funny, this is exactly what i learned i had to do as fox to be good with him lololol

you must be trying hard to get good
thanks, i'm definitely not sitting on my haunches

it's something i've thought about for a while
i saw mango playing, and upon asking myself "how is he so good?" like 6 months ago
i thought, well, he is always ready to adapt to a different situation
he's always able to change his plan

in general, everyone who's good is very adept at this; they can recognize and respond to more situations than people with less experience. IMO being able to see more opportunities like this is what separates the good players from the great.

also i think that it's especially good for fox, because he's the fastest offensive character in the game. if you're able to change your plan just one step faster than your opponent, you can get really frightening with your offense. to me, it seems like the best way to play the character. marth can space, and if he puts his sword in the right spot he gets really hard to approach, falco can use lasers to force the situation into a certain position, and then play from there. fox anticipates his opponents response to a position, and he's fast enough to use this to his advantage as long as he stays one step ahead.

that's how i think about it anyways
idk smash *****
i love it

NeoAkira

Smash Apprentice
imagine if they made new n64 controllers with better A/B buttons and a sturdy control stick that wasn't made out of hard plastic

It's definitely a possibility. The Nintendo club of Japan has released remodeled SNES controllers before. So it could happen with the N64 given enough time/boost in popularity of N64 games in the Wii Shop.

What I'm wondering though is how fast Isai goes through an N64 controller. I'm not even close to as good as him and my controllers still get ****ed up.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
i found a runescape classic private server
and i used waybackmachine to find the website that i played really ****ty techno from when i played rs as a child

feels good

Adam M!

Smash Lord
if he's not he should be stripped of all posting rights in pac west and its subsidiaries

DJMirror

Smash Master
LMAO at Rei and Dantefox posting next to each other

(you only know this information if you see them in person)

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
That was a perfect response.

Here's my interpretation of my question. Candy represents the good moments in life. The cherry flavored candy pieces are the good grade you got on your midterm, the new car you got, or the brand new puppy you always wanted. The orange flavored candies are what comes with your cherries i.e. the midterm in your other class that you are still worried about, the car problems you get with your brand new car, or the maintenance that comes with a new puppy.

And then TGL comes along and couldn't have answered my question better.

You'll never know pleasure unless you know misery.

(He's officially my favorite poster on the boards)

Adam M!

Smash Lord
In the most watered down form:

Why do all good things that happen to you come with some bad?

Because you have to have the bad things to appreciate the good.

It was just a random question I had.
i'd simply say that humans are at their best when facing adversity

i would also contest the thesis -- i definitely don't thing ALL good things that happen to you come with some bad. if i am driving and watching / appreciating some beautiful scenery, what had to happen to me that was bad to appreciate the beauty of nature?

i also don't think "happen to you" is a poor way to put it -- that makes it sound like you're some kind of special entity in the universe, as if things happen to YOU, and only you. more like "things you experience."

Little England

Smash Master
To answer the question, what had to happen to you to experience the beautiful scenery; you would have also had to experience the bad weather (whatever that is for you..a cloudy gloomy day).

As for the second part, I guess I could avoid confusion and say, "Why can't EVERYONE's candy be cherry flavored?" But I believe it just comes down to how you interpret "you".

Little England

Smash Master
So if you know your future is bad and you want to prevent something from happening, wouldn't your future know that you know your future and that you are going to prevent something from happening? So in itself, you should know your future as the prevented path. But it wouldn't of been prevented if it was unknown. And that is why we should live in the present and overcome any obstacle in the future. They are there to build our character. The bigger the dream, the bigger the obstacle.

-Derek "Wreckless"

Top Bottom