• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

JFox

Smash Hero
Jfox I never said I beat him in tourney, I said SDR beat him in tourney ending it with a ken combo. Also I took a match off you in that MM, I am 99% sure of it. I am not sure if you forgot or that I mixed it up with the MM with M00 I dont know, but I could of swore it was vs you. And the ****** was a joke, I only went to learn more as I do with all my tournaments. *****es need to chill the **** out.

I'm 100% sure you're mistaken. You counter-picked FoD and I clearly remember saying "fountain of peach, sure thing" and proceeded to **** again. (I would never ever ever pick FD as a counterpick on a marth, that makes no sense)

Oh and unless I misheard you somehow, I def remember you saying you beat kouryuu, cuz I specifically remember thinking "wow if kouryuu lost to this guy, i'm gonna **** him in our MM" LOL

evs I'm over this non-sense

pockyD

Smash Legend
well i'm seriously wondering what an exit exam is, since i didn't grow up in california

weren't college apps due a while ago? if so, what's the point of the exit exam?

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
it basically a test to see if you can hang with society

u cant graduate high school if you dont pass the exam

but i think they make you take during ur sophmore year?

there's a math and a english section and i think thats it (cant remember lol)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Sherigami's a sophomore, the high school exit exam is taken during the sophomore year. if you don't pass it, you have to keep trying until you do, to exit high school.

even the dumb people have said it was easy, so it's probably a joke.

Lovage

Smash Hero
yea a little, if i'm doing it correctly it seems extremely hard to time
but i'll play with it some more right now (guilty gear johns)
practiced it some more
i found how it can be cool
the timing is hard
so i think it will be one of those things where you have to learn the timing for each major platform (ones that can't much be reached by double jumping from ground like dreamland yoshis battlefield)

cool anyway

pockyD

Smash Legend
so you take an "exit exam" 2 years before you actually finish HS? -_-

so the last two years of HS are a waste. and come to think of it, they were, as was the rest of HS, at least on an academic level

Fungus Amongus

Smash Apprentice
only a waste if your goal is to stop after graduating high school

and even then it's still not cause people only care about graduating high school / college cause it shows dedication and commitment, not that it's necessarily impressive in a vacuum

Eggz

Smash Hero
ive been gettin filty wit it

i drill shined from bottom of yoshis with falco, jumped up to top middle, did the ninja shine, then chased em up hella quick and shined off the top.

it was mad satisfying

Lovage

Smash Hero
its not that cool lol

theres a certain timing with aerial shine where if you do it right as you pass a platform it turns into a grounded shine, gives you your jumps back and you can waveshine out of it and stuff

you can prolly do cool **** with it if you're good at the timing imma practice it later

nicaboy

Smash Champion
@ zeal final fantasy 7 is ****ing epic. It was so good it made me shed a tear back when i was in the fifth grade. Aeris death is sad yo.
@festizzio ok thanks bro. I should have no problem running custom firmwire now. Now i just gotta see which one to chose. Decisions decisions if you got any suggestions let me know. Pspiso here i come.

GSUB

Smash Lord
@ zeal final fantasy 7 is ****ing epic. It was so good it made me shed a tear back when i was in the fifth grade. Aeris death is sad yo.
@festizzio ok thanks bro. I should have no problem running custom firmwire now. Now i just gotta see which one to chose. Decisions decisions if you got any suggestions let me know. Pspiso here i come.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229571

yep @ FFVII

Eggz

Smash Hero
its not that cool lol

theres a certain timing with aerial shine where if you do it right as you pass a platform it turns into a grounded shine, gives you your jumps back and you can waveshine out of it and stuff

you can prolly do cool **** with it if you're good at the timing imma practice it later
The main use is getting to the top platform as fast as possible. I've double jumped up there and started multishining on a shield. Jumped up there, grabbed out of shine onto a shield, and more.

Its really ****.

Fungus Amongus

Smash Apprentice
wtf how is that NOT incredibly useful

araknophobik

Smash Master
ive been gettin filty wit it

i drill shined from bottom of yoshis with falco, jumped up to top middle, did the ninja shine, then chased em up hella quick and shined off the top.

it was mad satisfying
anybody remember that winter gamefest winners final 5th game on yoshi story
where hugo was in the lead then mango did that shine chase and basically shined him out of the stage gimping the whole stock?

and then hugo lost and cried infront of his female friend lmao

Fungus Amongus

Smash Apprentice
oscar you gonna IM me in a week or two saying, "omg this [as of yet unnamed?] technique is so ****en ****"

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
For a DS, just buy a flash cart. There, you hacked it.

Hey, SoCal should consider coming to CO two weeks after Genesis. We're gonna have something liek Devastation goin' on. If any of you play lame-*** Brawl, there's a bare minimum of $500 going into the pot. More as more people sign up, plus however much the players chip in by paying pot fee (I think). Plus, it's a video game convention, with liek, panels, guest speakers, and all that hype ****.

EDIT: Melee will be there, of course.

So yeah, you guys should think about coming. :D

FF:MQ was epic when I was like... 5. Doesn't make it epic now.

Well, it does, actually. My bad. XD

I dunno, I feel like FF7 was both overhyped and rushed. A lot of things feel incomplete about that game. Personally, I rank the FF main series as follows:

6, 9, 1, 8, 10, 7, 4, 3, 5, 2. 11 is an MMO and as such, is an exception. 12 is terrible. I love the world and the characters are alright, but the combat system seriously made that game unplayable for me.

Obviously, which games are good is normally a matter of opinion.

Except for Bubsy 64 and FF6. Worst and best game ever, respectively.

LuCKy

Smash Master
i dont want that big *** thing for ds lol . . .when will dsi be hackable?

n hmmm ty festizzio lol right now my psp is broken. . . because i turned it off while someone tried to update it T__T *tried to save my homebrew *****

Top Bottom