• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Socal Brawl Power Rankings - (February 3, 2010 - May 1, 2010) UPDATED

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
A rough top five:

1. DSF
2. Futile
3. Teba
4. Hugs
5. Shadow

After top 5, I feel that there are too many inconsistencies among the ranked players for me to sort them out clearly.

A very very rough 6th - 10th (Any of them can be switched around or even replaced.)

6. Bardul
7. Edreese
8. Ajax
9. BoA
10. Creepy Fingers

Aero hasn't been attending enough tourneys, and when he did, he lost to Haze and Bardul (two currently unranked players).

Edit: Wrong question. What I should ask is, how many ranked players have you beat and who were they? Directed at Haze.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
A rough top five:

1. DSF
2. Futile
3. Teba
4. Hugs
5. Shadow

After top 5, I feel that there are too many inconsistencies among the ranked players for me to sort them out clearly.

A very very rough 6th - 10th (Any of them can be switched around or even replaced.)

6. Bardul
7. Edreese
8. Ajax
9. BoA
10. Creepy Fingers

Aero hasn't been attending enough tourneys, and when he did, he lost to Haze and Bardul (two currently unranked players).

Haze! Have you beaten any ranked players? I think your a viable candidate for the list.

yeah, here's my last 3 recent brackets.

Chula Vista

CV VIII
Singles (entered as mikeHAZE)
Defeated ezkl
Defeated soid
Defeated Mogx
Lost to DSF
Defeated Havok
Lost to DSF
Placed 2 out of 29

Oxnard:
mikeHAZE's performance
Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated 4bidn
Defeated TwilightKirby
Lost to Leepuff

Losers' bracket
Defeated Blitz
Defeated Tyrant
Defeated Ajax
Lost to BoA

RACE:
mikeBLAZE's performance
Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated Pbody
Lost to tyrant

Losers' bracket
Defeated Boo (CV)
Defeated sky
Defeated pyschomidget
Defeated hall
Defeated aero
Defeated $BONE$
Lost to shadowROB

Overall placing: 5/81

i guess i deserve a top 10 spot heh.

anyway, hugo SHOULD NOT be ranked higher above ajax, i'm not sure about shadow....i didn't follow all his tournaments, but i know he lost to blacksand and hugo at one tournament, but i also know that he beat futile, and took futile to last match IIRC last Race's, whereas i think hugo was inconsistent at the tournaments he went to iirc

Ajax should also be above hugs, much more consistent.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
You have beaten Ajax and Aero and have always placed top 10 if not higher.

Though you have lost to a couple of non ranked players, it shouldn't be too big of a deal considering you still manage to place high. Even if you lost to Tyrant (which is unfortunate), you still managed to make your way up and take top 5. Also, Losing to Leepuff should not be too detrimental considering he got second at that tourney and will most likely be ranked this time around(or at least he is a viable candidate for the rankings).

You are indeed a consistent player. You should be ranked IMO.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
to be fair, I beat tyrant at oxnard the week before, and he ended up beating connor at race's as well hehe, so i guess he ended up doing pretty good.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Tyrant did do really well that day. Regardless, you still got top 5. It only goes to show that your consistent.

anyway, hugo SHOULD NOT be ranked higher above ajax, i'm not sure about shadow....i didn't follow all his tournaments, but i know he lost to blacksand and hugo at one tournament, but i also know that he beat futile, and took futile to last match IIRC last Race's, whereas i think hugo was inconsistent at the tournaments he went to iirc

Ajax should also be above hugs, much more consistent.
The reason I think Ajax should be below Hugo is b/c I heard Ajax lost to a random (3inches I think) at Axis. And even if he took Hugo out at Axis, Hugo beat him at a S&C tourney (the one before Oxnard).

Also, Ajax has been losing to currently non ranked players all over the place, such as Connor, you(Mike Haze), 3inches...

Though the only tournament Hugo entered after the S&C tourney was Axis, he usually ends up losing to ranked players, rarely to randoms. It shows that he is able to compete even when he doesn't attend much tournaments.

Also, who did Hugo lose to at Axis besides Ajax?

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
losing to randoms at this point in the game is more or less not knowing the matchups. hugs said himself that he wanted 818 to 'step it up' so he could get some practice.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
A rough top five:

1. DSF
2. Futile
3. Teba
4. Hugs
5. Shadow

6. Bardul
7. Edreese
8. Ajax
9. BoA
10. Creepy Fingers

Edit: Wrong question. What I should ask is, how many ranked players have you beat and who were they? Directed at Haze.
Bardul lost to me and a random Ike this weekend.

ROFL

Smash Journeyman
1. DSF
2. Futile
3. Teba (i forgot how long ago this list was made, he hasnt been THAT inactive. plus hes too good)
4. shadow
5. aero
6.Lee Puff
7.Edrees
8. Ajax (little input on him because missing tournaments from AiB and i dont see him play much)
9.BoA
10. Connor
11. Mike Haze
12. Creepy Fingers
13. Gamble ( i dont know anything about him lol but i played him and hes pretty good)
14. hugo....nice shot?
15. Fly amanita (spelling?) little info on him as well

close = bardull and some people i dont even know are alive probly.

is that any good? of course people could be moved around. **** is hard after top 5.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Some information just to clear some things I've seen.

-3inch is pretty good, he's Gamble's brother. I've played him.
-Sean isn't a random metaknight player, he's pretty much the top metaknight from what I've seen in norcal and is good. I've played him.
-The ike player was kirby/ike and he is MogX from Mexico. Haven't played him.

If someone loses to a non ranked player , just look at if they non ranked player is good or not. Losing to non ranked will hurt you no matter what, but if they are really good than it won't hurt you as much.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Even thought oxnard, aznfroce, race's 4, and axis are recent, other tournaments counts too.

This list is going to be from 6/29 till whenever so hopefully you guys do good back then too. Recent tournament will count more of course, but past ones will still count too.

p.s. random brawl noobs r freaking good some times. I seen random people taking rank people to 3rd matches more than ranked people taking ranked people to 3rd matches some times haha.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yea, i wouldn't call people "random" so fast, especially if they are active on AiB

whoever called sean a random (mikehaze) doesnt know what hes talking about

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
1. DSF
2. Futile
3. Teba (i forgot how long ago this list was made, he hasnt been THAT inactive. plus hes too good)
4. shadow
5. aero
6.Lee Puff
7.Edrees
8. Ajax (little input on him because missing tournaments from AiB and i dont see him play much)
9.BoA
10. Connor
11. Mike Haze
12. Creepy Fingers
13. Gamble ( i dont know anything about him lol but i played him and hes pretty good)
14. hugo....nice shot?
15. Fly amanita (spelling?) little info on him as well

close = bardull and some people i dont even know are alive probly.

is that any good? of course people could be moved around. **** is hard after top 5.

had aero not done well at axis, i would have heavily argued with him being top 5, but...

Aero's performance
Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated Naota
Defeated T!mmy
Defeated Dan D
Lost to Sean

Losers' bracket
Defeated T!mmy
Defeated Sky
Defeated Fly Amanita
Defeated Creepy Fingers
Defeated Sean
Defeated Three Inch
Lost to SK92

Overall placing: 5/303

i guess he did good.

BTW kouryuu, hugs lost to chip in losers

yea, i wouldn't call people "random" so fast, especially if they are active on AiB

whoever called sean a random (mikehaze) doesnt know what hes talking about
no, i was joking/troling, i know seans not a random, pretty sure i saw him destroy nv at bio ;). it's just funnys.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
had aero not done well at axis, i would have heavily argued with him being top 5, but...

Aero's performance
Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated Naota
Defeated T!mmy
Defeated Dan D
Lost to Sean

Losers' bracket
Defeated T!mmy
Defeated Sky
Defeated Fly Amanita
Defeated Creepy Fingers
Defeated Sean
Defeated Three Inch
Lost to SK92

Overall placing: 5/303

i guess he did good.

No love mike, no love :(

wtZzz

Smash Apprentice
1. DSF - Metaknight
2. Futile - Wario
3. Aero - DDD
4. Teba - DDD
5. BardulL - Marth
6. Connorthekid - Metaknight
7. Ajax - Snake
8. LeePuff - GW
9. ShadowROB - Rob
10. Edrees - Peach
11. Creepyfingers - Falco
12. Mike HAZE - Marth
13. Gamble - Fox
14. HugS - Rob
15. BoA - Marth/Metaknight/ Lucario
16. Fly Amanitas - Ice Climbers
17. 3inch - Snake

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I don't think 3inch should be ranked....yet. Consistency is the key to getting on the rankings and Axis is the only tournament backing him up.

Creepy should definitely be in consideration :p

Samus-T

Smash Lord
im calm like a bomb homie. but seriously it doesnt seem like too many people should be moving up, like me, many ranked players have been inconsistent over the past couple months so i doubt the top 10 players will change that much will change too much. MikeHAZE, connor, and Fly Amanita all need a spot on the PR, and Shadow needs to be moved up to top 5. i gotchu kevin ;)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Oh, and Alex should have his character listed as "Whoever is the best atm." :D

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
1. DSF - Metaknight
2. Futile - Wario
3. Aero - DDD
4. Teba - DDD
5. BardulL - Marth
6. Connorthekid - Metaknight
7. Ajax - Snake
8. LeePuff - GW
9. ShadowROB - Rob
10. Edrees - Peach
11. Creepyfingers - Falco
12. Mike HAZE - Marth
13. Gamble - Fox
14. HugS - Rob
15. BoA - Marth/Metaknight/ Lucario
16. Fly Amanitas - Ice Climbers
17. 3inch - Snake
I wouldn't put aero top 3 lmao, IIRC he only attended one tournament prior to axis..

I'm unsure where bardull should go, but he shouldn't be top 5. even though he placed pretty well the last three tournaments, he got destroyed at axis by mogx and JTB. not saying he shouldn't be ranked, but not that high.

shadow rob should be higher, boa too.

i dont know i think your list is just based off of where you think they should go instead of comparing actual results.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Man.. I wish I knew how well everyone did at Axis. Apparently, I'm ignorant about a number of players performances and the players I deemed random are not really random.

My knowledge goes as far as Races. That's it.

3inch should not be on the list. One tourney does not mean jack ****.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
The results for Axis are on AiB already, so you should check them out.

wtZzz

Smash Apprentice
Well, I remember Bardull doing very well in the months after Brawl's release, I was never sure why he wasn't on the list to begin with.

These lists are hard to make. Sometimes 1 person wins, other times another person wins. Sometimes a person does great in a local tourny, and bad at a huge one, or vice versa.

Didn't Aero WIN nexus? Aero has done good at most of the tournies hes entered, even though there haven't been many. The guy lives out in Coachella Valley for crying out loud. Its amazing he is as good as he is.

BoA does much better in doubles than singles, if we should be considering doubles play for this ladder, than yeah BoA should be higher.

Its not my list, but after going to a grip of tournaments and watching all these guys play, thats the list in my head. If someone is going to make a list using actual results they need an equation or some kind of real system to determine rankings, otherwise it becomes a list of opinion like mine.

I think CreepyFinger may be too high, and Mike Haze might be too low on my list. There are so many good players in So Cal its tough to say where people really are.

The top 3 are easy though

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Well, I remember Bardull doing very well in the months after Brawl's release, I was never sure why he wasn't on the list to begin with.
he was ranked, then was removed due to inactivity, but he should not be a contender for top 5, especially after his poor performance at axis, losing to MogX and JTB.

These lists are hard to make. Sometimes 1 person wins, other times another person wins. Sometimes a person does great in a local tourny, and bad at a huge one, or vice versa.
IIRC bigger tournaments should count more than locals, consistency is key.

Didn't Aero WIN nexus? Aero has done good at most of the tournies hes entered, even though there haven't been many. The guy lives out in Coachella Valley for crying out loud. Its amazing he is as good as he is.
yeah, he won nexus which was months ago. just because you did good in that past doesn't mean you're guaranteed a spot, especially considering aero only entered one tournament since nexus til Races (i'm PRETTY sure) , and in that tournament he lost to me and bardull, but yeah, he should be up there considering his results from axis, he just isn't consistent enough to be top 3/4 IMO.

BoA does much better in doubles than singles, if we should be considering doubles play for this ladder, than yeah BoA should be higher.
IIRC boa consistently does good in singles as well lmao.

The top 3 are easy though
nah, i'm pretty sure there's a few candidates for third.

Top Bottom