• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... why do so many Ness users hate Lucas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
More precisely, it's been 8 months and 1 day since the last post. Cool. Anyone bored enough to count the hours/minutes?

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Nah to lazy to count minutes. I don't get why do people keep bumping up these topics.

Johnny Pteran

Smash Journeyman
Lucas' hair is awesome. It's too bad that his moves are so annoying and his smashes are a bit on the cheap side.

I hate Lucas because he's annoying as f**k to fight, and because Ness in my opinion just takes more skill to use.

livan

Smash Apprentice
a... well please forgive me but i don't like the hate for lucas or ness since they have to past for exp so hard and many people just judge for the outside and not for the inside so please don't hate both they really past for a very hard exp ...ok

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Yes because really:

A: Ninten should've been in instead of Ness in the first place.

B: Lucas looks like Jimmy Neutron.

paper otavio

Smash Journeyman
Yes because really:

A: Ninten should've been in instead of Ness in the first place.
B-but EB had Porky Means Business and that music > most of M1's songs.
Also, just because Ninten was the first character, doesn't mean he is more deserving than any of the other ones....Heck, if another Mother character were to be in another SSB, I would choose Porky or Masked Man any day. :)

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I only hated lucas because he was a stranger to me. now that i beat mother 3 he is awesome and i love him
Opposite.

Before Mother 3, I thought Brawl Lucas was the Snizz. But now, compared to Mother 3 Lucas, Brawl Lucas doesn't hold a candle to him.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
I never really did hate Lucas. Rather, I hated the people promoting him as the better Ness. But enough of Lucas vs Ness. We should have some sort of armistice sort of thing stickied so that these kinds of comparison posts won't keep appearing. Although, this one is a rather old one.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I never really did hate Lucas. Rather, I hated the people promoting him as the better Ness. But enough of Lucas vs Ness. We should have some sort of armistice sort of thing stickied so that these kinds of comparison posts won't keep appearing. Although, this one is a rather old one.
Agreed. I don't think the Ness community hates Lucases. We just hate when people with limited experience of the two jump to conclusions and say Lucas is better. "OMGee! Luewcuss is liek, his donw and up sm4shes r stongur, and his Up Spezhul goes farther and stuffs when Ne55 hits herself wit pK Lightneng she only goez half the dizt4nc3."

Unfortunately, I don't think an armistice sticky would reach the people it needed to... Some people will just go on thinking they know everything... But it couldn't hurt, I guess.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
I can imagine us still getting comparison threads in the future, so we need some sign on this and the Lucas boards.

Nessman

Smash Rookie
Whether u like either is probably wether or not u prefer ground or air fighting...ness is better at air, lucas is mostly better grounded.

Nessman

Smash Rookie
People just jump to conclusions and say new is better too...so theres that

Veril

Frame Savant
I "like" Ness as a character. I just prefer to play Lucas. I guess this is from the opposite end of the spectrum but as a Lucas player seeing this thread... this is crazy. They're both adorable psychic children. Lucas just happens to have cool hair and a pet snake and Ness has a yo-yo. No need to fight.

paper otavio

Smash Journeyman
I guess I can learn to like Brawl Lucas.......maybe....
I don't get why I like Mother 3 more than EB and still prefer Ness 100 times more in Brawl and the Mother series......

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Ok the real reason I dislike him is because of the 'up until now' crap. You needed to be there ya see. I made on the same day as that update a 'Ness Support Thread' and the backlash we got from Lucas and Claus fans... heh. The day Ness was leaked was awesome.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Ness beats up hippies and steals cookies from them.

Also Lucas is the only character on the roster I actually cannot play. I am too far adjusted to Ness' PKT through muscle memory and any time I try to recover with Lucas it results in hilarious SD's.

Neon Ness

Ness beats up hippies and steals cookies from them.

Also Lucas is the only character on the roster I actually cannot play. I am too far adjusted to Ness' PKT through muscle memory and any time I try to recover with Lucas it results in hilarious SD's.
That's why you act like a crazy and memorize the timing for both of 'em.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
No way! Spinning Lucas FTW.

I think you need to fix it up just a little bit, and you have your Lucas.

Neon Ness

No way! Spinning Lucas FTW.

I think you need to fix it up just a little bit, and you have your Lucas.
Hm? Oh, I didn't make it. :chuckle: xoxokev posted a link in the Moar Hyper Ness Thread where there's a bunch of 'em.

Phobandit

Smash Rookie
IMO Kumatora or Duster should have been in if anyone from Mother 3... Kumatora since she would be less like a clone and Duster because eh has a tickle feather and doesnt afraid of anything :3

Uffe

Smash Hero
IMO Kumatora or Duster should have been in if anyone from Mother 3... Kumatora since she would be less like a clone and Duster because eh has a tickle feather and doesnt afraid of anything :3
Lucas is a Luigi clone. He's got PK Thunder, Fire and his Flash is replaced with Freeze and a PSI Magnet. He had a stick in the Mother 3 game and so there's not much you could do there. However, his up smash, down smash, fair, bair and dair are completely different than Ness'. If anything, Kumatora would be no different than Lucas if you think about it. Duster on the other hand would probably have his own move set. Either way, neither of those characters were the main character like Lucas, though Lucas didn't really appear up until later in the game. Not as a playable character anyway.

Neon Ness

Porky > All.
Oh realleh?

I think this thread can die now. After all, we've been trying to avoid discussions such as these. Plus, it's just turning into yet another general chat thread. We already have like 4.

Neon Ness

It will never die, so long as I draw breath.

But this thread should.

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
I like them both, I've grown predictable with ness, so I often switch to lucas. I've gotten pretty great with both, but when i swtich between the two there's a lot of talent lost in the transaction. There's a lot of things to take into consideration, besides developing your own style with the character- to make them your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom