• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... why do so many Ness users hate Lucas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Lucas is a Luigi clone. He's got PK Thunder, Fire and his Flash is replaced with Freeze and a PSI Magnet. He had a stick in the Mother 3 game and so there's not much you could do there. However, his up smash, down smash, fair, bair and dair are completely different than Ness'. If anything, Kumatora would be no different than Lucas if you think about it. Duster on the other hand would probably have his own move set. Either way, neither of those characters were the main character like Lucas, though Lucas didn't really appear up until later in the game. Not as a playable character anyway.
To tell you the truth, every move Lucas has except the Special moves (Even those are diff in function), grab and ledge attacks are unique from Ness.

I can also see a bit of Duster in Lucas also. I'm not talking about the Rope Snake either. He does a alot of kicking. All his jabs, up-tilt, down-tilt, f-air, down-air, back-air, one of his ledge get-ups, and get-up move are all kicks. Thats what, 1/4 or half his move set? Can someone do the math? Nvm, Ill do it.

* marks all kicks.

Jabs: 3 kicks(Count as 3 atks or just one if you want)***
I know everyone doesn't have a 3 jab combo, but having all 3 of Lucas's jabs be kicks suggests something...

F-tilt: A one handed Pk push
up-tilt: an upwards kick*
Down-tilt: pivoting horizontal shin kick (Ness's is a vertical sliding foot)*
And I can definitely imagine Duster doing something like that.

Neutral Air: A 4-5 hit vertical spin with PSI as opposed to Ness's single horizontal one.

F-Air: single outward kick with PSI*
Down-Air: 4 alternating step-kicks with PSI*
Back-Air: A heel drop-kick(Is that what its called. I need to review fighting terms)? With PSI*
Up-air: Headbutt, except no rotating body.

Grab-atk: head bash(This one Ill give you).

Dash: single hand, single hit pk push. dash version of f-tilt

Up-throw: hauls em above his head with both hands, then tosses upward
Down-throw: Tosses enemy head-first into ground launching upwards
F-Throw: halus forward, them throws with burst of PSI
Back-Throw: same except backwards.

Ledge atk: Exact same as Ness's. hand stands and kicks onto stage feet first.*

2nd ledge atk(over 100 %): Exact same as Ness's A punch onto the stage.

Get-up move: Exact same as Ness's: stands up and does a sweep kick*

So out 10 out of 20(18 of you count jabs as one move) moves are kicks. 2 of them from Ness.

8 out of 18 moves
8 out of 20 (counting jabs as 3 moves/leaving out Ness's)
10 out of 18(including Ness's kicks/jabs as one move)
or 10 out of 20.(including Ness's get up and ledge atk, and 3 separate jabs)

That's roughly half. Is there anyone else who does that much kicking in his move set? Am I grasping?

And to address this several months old topic, I can see that Ness and Lucas play very differently. Learning this many months ago, I'm was almost tempted to call them polar opposites gameplay-wise.

Ness. With an emphasis on strong aerials that link into each other and throws to combo/build dmg alongside his ground game and specials supplementing his air game and building dmg before using that that KOing Bthrow, upair, back air, bat, PKT2. Mostly Close range fighter. Good at Offense.

Lucas. With an emphasis on high initial knockback, single hit moves to knock ppl far away, a nair that can link into other moves and slow high dmg smashes that can ko easily if unstalled and at high dmg. And specials that help edgeguarding and camping. Mid to closer range fighter I think. Good at Defense.
I could be wrong. Haven't studied Lucas in a while. feel free to correct me.

After learning of how different they are, I still tried to play/2nd Lucas though my Ness is much better. I gave up after one point. I may try again later though.

With that said, this topic is old. Not as many Ness users hate Lucas anymore, which was the case early on. Ive been lurking enough to know that. Someone get a mod to close it please.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I would report the thread, but any moderator that comes here will see all of our other fun threads and lock 'em.

Guess we'll just have to let it fade into obscurity.

Starting... now.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
Lucas is a cowardly kid with gay hair who argues with snakes. Ness hits people with baseball bats. Who is cooler?
dont forget ness also has a cool hat and better outfits

now i dont wanna bring another character into this but also someone cooler than lucas and right where ness is at is pit he can shoot arrows at people fly around and has cool lookin swords

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I would report the thread, but any moderator that comes here will see all of our other fun threads and lock 'em.

Guess we'll just have to let it fade into obscurity.

Starting... now.
Rawr. Above post was serious...

People. We're tryna cut down on Lucas vs. Ness, remember?

I'm gonna have to report this, otherwise it'll never die...

Gaussis

Smash Ace

Listen to Neon Ness. He speaks words of wisdom.

From now on, this will be my the response to Lucas vs Ness threads.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Ness Users Hate Lucas...

Because of the one word... You know the word that we ALL love ....
*Nods Head Forward*
"OKAY!"

Gaussis

Smash Ace
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

*Points to quote.

Listen to Neon Ness. He speaks words of wisdom.

From now on, this will be my the response to Lucas vs Ness threads.
As in, stop responding. We know both are cool in their own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom