• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So there's this guy named Gimpyfish

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone,

It turns out that there's this guy named gimpyfish (who everyone knows, and for some reason I didn't)...

But yea, he apparently HATES ness. Like super-mega hate. So how fitting that the first matches I upload of my ness would be against gimpyfish.

The matches were at a Washington State tourney the weekend of august 24th.

Match 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUWonGdHUb0
(gimpyfish owns baloons)

Match 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqxs_z0dMT0&watch_response
(Epic failure in the first 12 seconds)

Please don't hate on either of us. Gimpy is actually a really awesome guy in person, so don't anti-fanboy him. And hopefully my ness lives up to your (as well as my) expectations.

Puddin

Smash Lord
He did, and the reason is because of Edge Hogging and Gimping. Awesome match :bigthumbu

PCHU

Smash Lord
Nice Ness, man.
You seemed to fear using PK Fire, I noticed a few times when you could.
Pk Thunder was excellent.
Try and chain your aerials a little more.
You seemed afraid of trying to follow up.

Of course, I've never been to a tournament, this is just going by what I think is a great Ness.
And you sir are a great Ness.
Hope to battle you sometime.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Not quite sure why but I just couldn't see that as being Gimpyfish.

Then again I'm always skeptical. Nice Ness though.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
wtf 0-death stage spike on the first vid? I thought Gimpy was more clever than that :S. Nice work.

_clinton

Smash Master
This was posted on the Shiek Boards...hey TC...how did you do in the rest of the tourny?

E-unit

Smash Cadet
wo those were some good matches. I like the pillar spike Ness did in one of the videos. I still wanna try that but I hardly get the chance to play brawl lately.:(

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
You basically play the same Ness as me, 'cept I spam fair more.

I NEED to learn the pk fire to spike thing.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Gimpyfish beat you in the Balloon Competition, Cazcom. He had two extra points. There's always next time, though. In the first match, you both were winners.

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
Responding to everyone,

Yes, gimpy might start playing brawl again. He hates the game, but the WA community is pretty good.
_______

Yes this is gimpyfish playing. I play with everyone from combo status. Idc if you doubt it.
_______

As for my ness and the comments about pk fire & stuff,

You learn in tournaments how easy it is to punish people. And when you end up playing high-caliber people, you have to respect the fact that they can powershield very well. With sheik's quickness, it's smart to maintain a moveset that is very hard to punish.

An the Fairing more. Nair comes out quicker, and all of sheik's attacks are really quick. So I tended to Nair more in order to get my attacks out quicker.

EDIT: I just remembered that sheik can powersheild -> needle your pk fire. I pk fire a lot more against characters like DDD and Snake.

Also, I don't know if someone was asking me, but I took 5th in that tourney. I lost to Jem & Emo$.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Responding to everyone,

Yes, gimpy might start playing brawl again. He hates the game, but the WA community is pretty good.
_______

Yes this is gimpyfish playing. I play with everyone from combo status. Idc if you doubt it.
_______

As for my ness and the comments about pk fire & stuff,

You learn in tournaments how easy it is to punish people. And when you end up playing high-caliber people, you have to respect the fact that they can powershield very well. With sheik's quickness, it's smart to maintain a moveset that is very hard to punish.

An the Fairing more. Nair comes out quicker, and all of sheik's attacks are really quick. So I tended to Nair more in order to get my attacks out quicker.

EDIT: I just remembered that sheik can powersheild -> needle your pk fire. I pk fire a lot more against characters like DDD and Snake.

Also, I don't know if someone was asking me, but I took 5th in that tourney. I lost to Jem & Emo$.
That explains your lack of yo-yos. Though they are good, I do think Shiek can punish those though I can't remember how right now. Good matches.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Strange. I've been powershielding lately. O_o Anyway, 5th with Ness? In a tourney? B;alrekjga! That's awesome!

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
sheik can punish the yo-yo from a distance with needles, or if she's close she can dodge and f-tilt lock you. Playing sheik is all about spacing and using the fastest moves you have. A pillar spike never hurts either. ;)

EDIT: Yea, I've gotten 5th in the past two tourneys. Although this last weekend was a lot bigger than the other one. and WA has some really good players O_o; but I'm getting better

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
sheik can punish the yo-yo from a distance with needles, or if she's close she can dodge and f-tilt lock you. Playing sheik is all about spacing and using the fastest moves you have. A pillar spike never hurts either. ;)

EDIT: Yea, I've gotten 5th in the past two tourneys. Although this last weekend was a lot bigger than the other one. and WA has some really good players O_o; but I'm getting better
Yo Cazcom! Can you please post your great results in the tournament sticky? I want to get it onto the character rankings thread, cause Ness is at like bottom of D rank or some ****

Uffe

Smash Hero
Yeah, because Ness getting at least 5th place is saying something about him. Where's your god-tier now?

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
Haha, God-tiers fail. I went to one of our state tournaments and 3-stocked the best snake in the state, cuz it's such a nice matchup for ness. All these snakes and DeDeDes just make my mouth water.

Can you link me the tourney thread. I'll post my results up there.

Yay Ness

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Ive been playing ness since 64 and I got pretty good at melee and I can confidently say after watching this video that you are one of the best Brawl Nesses I have seen.

Uffe

Smash Hero
It's kind of funny because I was positive everyone who joined this site knows/knew who Gimpyfish is/was. Poor Gimpyfish. :ohwell:

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Haha, God-tiers fail. I went to one of our state tournaments and 3-stocked the best snake in the state, cuz it's such a nice matchup for ness. All these snakes and DeDeDes just make my mouth water.

Can you link me the tourney thread. I'll post my results up there.

Yay Ness
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165954

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173418

the first is the big main character rankings. Help ness get up there! ^_^ Your a hero, Cazcom.

the second is the Ness torunament rankings, just a big archive of ness rankings.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Cuz Gimpy isnt as cool with Brawl as he was with Melee.
And he just hattes Ness as a character, not necessarily as fighting him.

I remember when Annoying made a topic about GImpy and he closed it LMFAO.
I'd laugh so hard if he did it to this also.

Anyways, yeah that placement will boost Ness' rankings. Way to go Caz! Also, I agree with loving to fight Dededes and Snakes :bee:

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
Cuz Gimpy isnt as cool with Brawl as he was with Melee.
I remember when Annoying made a topic about GImpy and he closed it LMFAO.
I'd laugh so hard if he did it to this also.

Lol, Gimpy said he would make the word "Cazcom" a banned word on All is Brawl, haha. But seriously, he's still an awesome guy.

EDIT: He was joking, btw. And I put my tourney stuff in both of the threads that were linked to me. Ness is still E rank, but hey... there's two more tourneys this week ^_^ Let's see if I can make some magic happen!

oh, and the rest of you should get out to tourneys already! :D

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
Uh... no disrespect but are you two joking? I'll just assume you are...
Not joking at all. I think the order of my top 3 favorite matchups would be (from best to 'worst')

DeDeDe
Snake
Zelda

and the 3 least favorite would be (from 'best' to worst)

Diddy Kong
Pit
Game & Watch

EDIT:

It's because on bowswer, DK, DeDeDe, and Snake a while timed pk fire can lead to a 0-death combo. Ness takes away snakes mortar slide, and DeDeDe is the easiest in the world to gimp. You can spike him before he gets his up-b really easily, and if he gets it off, you get to land a free b-air (or pkt2 if you're quick).

Nestec

Smash Ace
I DESPISE facing Game & Watch as Ness....

Ooooh, I think grab-release -> utilt almost guarantees a cheap KO for Snake. Not saying Snake destroys him, but I'm thinking even at best for Ness. An advantage of any kind sounds too good to be true...

Btw, AWESOME VIDEOS!!! Pillar Spiking is epic. And I was almost worried you weren't gonna dish out a Bthrow at all.

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't saying that the matchups are advantage/disadvantage for certain characters. I gave up on that whole argument when the zelda b-roomers came and cried their way to an even matchup. My list is just off personal experience only.

Thanks. Yea, I'm pretty pleased with the Pillar Spike. Yea, Sheik is really quick, and it was the first sheik I'd played in tourney, so I couldn't remember if the B-throw would kill at that %. That's why there was that funny grab --> pause --> smack --> B-throw.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I couldnt agree more with Cazcom
I tried debating Ness and Zelda also, and I got flamed, just like you! :bee:

Uffe

Smash Hero
Well you guys are going to have to show me how these D3's and Snakes are playing, because D3 gives me a hard time. He's like a heavier version of R.O.B. Snake isn't that much of a problem, it is rather fun fighting him, but D3 is a different story. Zelda doesn't really scare me, but she is a bit dangerous. Totally owned her the other day and it felt too good.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Let us pray for our charred Ness brethren, for they are the innocent that shine only truth and love!

Uffe, D3 gives me a challenge as well. It doesn't help that I play great D3 players either. I guess the fact that he can keep off approaches and attacks so well along with being heavy just make for a usually long-drawn out battle. 'Tis why I go for virtually every dair I can vs. D3...

Uh... no disrespect but are you two joking? I'll just assume you are...
Pssssh NO. Haven't you heard? Ness destroys everyone but Marth and Wolf!

ColinJF

Smash Ace
I think Ness has the advantage versus Dedede but not against Snake.

They are both big targets for pk thunder and pk thunder 2 (and pk fire is also really good against Dedede) but Snake can shut down Ness's aerial approaches pretty well, making Snake a difficult match up.

Top Bottom