• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So nair has practically no use whatsoever I guess

ADHD

Smash Hero
It's like, EXTREMELY situational I guess... The only thing I've found it good for is for a lagless hit when you're falling to the ground since fair is laggy, and bair doesn't hit in front of you. Am I missing something? It's not like it's good on damage either, only 6%...

Player-1

Smash Legend
It's pretty good. I KNOW Advent would disagree with you here. I like Nairing during spotdodge battles with taller characters. You can also Nair, utilt juggle a few times and proceed with w/e. Sometimes you can even Nair, bair, (bair), dair (spike) when you're close to the edge. It's not EXTREMELY situational, but it's situational. I use it about once a game, maybe twice.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Well, I've had a couple Diddy's use it against me, but as you said, it seems situational. I do know it outprioritizes Olimar's u-smash, and as such, Diddy players have used it to escape from my Oli's dthrow to u-smash "combo" starter

Veggi

Smash Champion
This is the best move in the whole world, it is like you are doing his cartwheel in mid-air, only it is vertical and not horizontal. Who wouldn't want a vertical cartwhee? Plus it is super fast and lasts forever.

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
Zair catching can be helping but if there really in your face, you can fastfall the Nair to instant glide toss though...and besides if they are in your face and you Zair your asking for a Ike Foward smash basically

ADHD

Smash Hero
Zair catching can be helping but if there really in your face, you can fastfall the Nair to instant glide toss though...and besides if they are in your face and you Zair your asking for a Ike Foward smash basically
I love tripping into a fully charged ike fsmash <333

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
LOL, I love N-air. Its lingering hit-boxes provide the perfect answer for punishing spot-dodges and baited air dodges. It also has low vertical knock-back early on in percentages, and if you can practice the timing for the automatic lag-canceling, you can combo into U-tilts and follow up appropriately from there. N-airing out of a smashed Monkey Flip can be pretty confusing and disruptive due to the additional velocity and horizontal momentum it takes on, as well.

Really, there should not be any reason people should not be literally using every single move in Diddy's repertoire.

Count

Smash Champion
I agree with le thien. I used to think that nair was lousy as well, but I've been using it a lot as well recently. Great for comboing :).

saberhof

Smash Master
i disagree, i find it very useful, even if it is situational, it means it still has a use...not just one...i can find over 10 situations to use it in, it has multiple Hitboxes not just one...there's really lots of stuff to look at...

Let me just state one thing...

There is no bad move, There is no useless move, There is only a player who develops a style and shapes around what he has to work with, if you never used a move for certain amount of time, you will find it useless, and you will always go back and notice that you did find a use for it...

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I like it, it's like a free utilt at low percents or w/e which is good. It lasts a long time and hits up. and it has small lag upon landing. That is good.
Then again, I use it too much.

IDK

Smash Lord
Situational uses:
Your opponent airdodges
You dash attack your opponent and don't know which way he's going, whether to follow up with a fair or a bair. (You should be utilting anyway.)
Combos (low knockback)
Hitting below you when needed, because dair might be too slow.
You don't know which way your opponent will DI in any case.
Having a long lasting hitbox, in order to hit someone away out of their low-priority upb.
That's all I can think of that wasn't previously stated.

IDK

Smash Lord
It's not always the most important to get more percent damage whenever you can. You have to remember that diddy is low on kill moves, and nair will NEVER kill from pure knockback, so it is perfect to use because it lasts longer than their airdodge, and you have no chance of being punished. It will refresh your moves, you are taking no risk, and you're saving your kill moves.

Top Bottom