• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Ken is competing in at Evo

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
that was possibly the worst DI of an f-air i've ever seen from anyone, top players don't make mistakes like that
"But he's the best Falco" lolz
Smart player but he over hyped him slef...
How did he over hyped himself? He said he was going to revolutionize Marth again, but that obviously can't be done in one items tournament...

It would be pretty obvious he means over a period of time, heh.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Years of previous experience in competitive Smash must mean nothing to you.

By the way, guys, you should watch the linked video of Ken vs SK92. It's the same exact thing lol.

∫unk

Smash Master
creepin on the boards watchin vids.

seriously... it helps to have a brother that was a pro melee player too. and having a legit crew is good for your game.

VandalKING

Smash Cadet
SK92 only lost that bad because of items. Though Ken is good, but you can see SK92 is just as skilled.

First rule about smashballs: Never hit them first, lol.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
SK92 definitely isn't just as skilled... especially since Falco is AMAZING in item tourneys.

If SK92 only lost that bad because of items (which he shouldn't of since he was Falco), then how exactly did Ken get that 14 second **** stock off him without using items?

VandalKING

Smash Cadet
SK92 definitely isn't just as skilled... also, Falco is AMAZING in item tourneys. It's funny how he only shined in the ending of the second match.

If SK92 only lost that bad because of items, then how exactly did Ken get that **** stock off him without using items?
I said he only lost THAT BAD. SK92 only lost that bad because of items. I was referring to the match as a whole, not just that certain KO. Please read.

He may have lost a stock fast, but he did do chains/combos/whatever you wanna call them, to rack up damage fast on Ken afterwards.

SK92 is as skilled, and I think he would have caught up later in the match, but it's whatever. Those are my thoughts.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
I said he only lost THAT BAD. SK92 only lost that bad because of items. I was referring to the match as a whole, not just that certain KO. Please read.

He may have lost a stock fast, but he did do chains/combos/whatever you wanna call them, to rack up damage fast on Ken afterwards.

SK92 is as skilled, and I think he would have caught up later in the match, but it's whatever. Those are my thoughts.
Wow, you're a moron.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Wow, well obviously. I used only used that KO in the match as an example. There's 3 stocks in a match right? You lose them when you're KOed if I'm not mistaken. That stock happened to have 0 items involved, so I think it was quite relevant. Please think before you post.
And still lost pretty bad?
Also, those grab combos aren't even supposed to work, Marth can Up B out of it. Funny how Ken ***** him anyways without knowing that.
He would of caught up... but he got ***** before he could.
Nice thoughts.

Cril

Smash Cadet

your thoughts are bad. they both knew that it would be an items on match. they both had time to prepare for that. the rules were equal. so to use items as an excuse for sk92 losing in an items on tourney is foolish

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
your thoughts are bad. they both knew that it would be an items on match. they both had time to prepare for that. the rules were equal. so to use items as an excuse for sk92 losing in an items on tourney is foolish
Not to mention SK92 was Falco.

FALCO!!!!!!! (222 good for items tourney)

VandalKING

Smash Cadet
Wow. You guys are way too serious. Anyone with a different view is a moron? Good post KillL0ck. I'll really take that to heart.

I knew SK92 still lost, but I feel that he wouldn't have lost that badly in general if items weren't on. He got owned quite a few times because of the way Ken used the items. That's all I'm saying, ****. I'm not using items as why he lost. I'm using them to why he lost so badly. Did you see the second match at the end? That was UGLY.

And why can't they both be good players anyway? I personally like them both.

And my thoughts are just that, my thoughts. I'm sorry if they don't fit the standard of smashboards, but whatever.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
I'm not calling you a moron because you have a different view, I called you a moron because you practically said killing a guy 14 seconds in a match without using any items doesn't make Ken legitimately better.

I apologize for calling you a moron by the way. I'm also against items also but it's obvious Ken took advantage of whatever he could regardless.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Well, yeah, Ken is pretty good with items, especially since when he started competitive smash (Melee days), items were on. However, as already mentioned, Falco is pretty amazing in item matches and I don't see why SK92 couldn't capitalize on that. He could of at least reflected one item thrown at him.

Sure, you can say they're both good players, but the skill gap is definitely large between the two.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
While watching those matches, I saw almost no difference in either the amount or the method that the items were used. SK92 got a homerunbat KO, so Ken got a homerunbat KO. SK92 got a final smash, Ken got a final smash.

VandalKING

Smash Cadet
Well, yeah, Ken is pretty good with items, especially since when he started competitive smash (Melee days), items were on. However, as already mentioned, Falco is pretty amazing in item matches and I don't see why SK92 couldn't capitalize on that. He could of at least reflected one item thrown at him.
That is true. As a Starfox character, ya think he'd reflect stuff a bit more often than he did. IIRC, the only time he tried reflecting something he got hit by an epic firework that launched him into that ugly, ugly ending in the second match.

Cril

Smash Cadet
While watching those matches, I saw almost no difference in either the amount or the method that the items were used. SK92 got a homerunbat KO, so Ken got a homerunbat KO. SK92 got a final smash, Ken got a final smash.
thats interesting.... maybe they are both at the same skill level of item usage??? loll

PK Hexagon

Smash Apprentice
why do you say that?
First you nut ride this dude to hilarious extremes, then you down play his making second. At his first Brawl tournament.

EDIT: LOL, you even took the little quote out of your sig. You must be devastated right now. lmao

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
For the sensitive fellow mainers out there you should try to understand that what I said was completely a joke hence the "lol" I'm sorry if you can't take a little sarcasim :laugh:

EDIT: lol cril not calling you stupid but I remember you put his quote in your signature XD

Cril

Smash Cadet
First you nut ride this dude to hilarious extremes, then you down play his making second. At his first Brawl tournament.

EDIT: LOL, you even took the little quote out of your sig. You must be devastated right now. lmao
Show me the hilarious extremes, quote me. I ONCE asked for his quote because i've always admired him as a marth main. If me saying that he reps the marth community qualifies as nut-riding then i really dont know what to tell you other than that it is the truth. when i say falco, people think of sethlon, or bowser with gimpyfish, and taj with mewtwo. ken symbolizes marth. its not nutriding, it's fact, and with that said it would have been nice to see him get first with marth because everyone says "marth never wins tournes but just places really high in them". i took the quote out because he didn't show anything special in the vid vs sk92. honestly i didnt think someone would bust my balls for a quote or even notice that i took it out for that matter

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's interesting to see an items tournament once in a while.

Anyway, I watched the videos with no sound, guess I did myself a favor(reading the comments).

It seems that Falco didn't really practice playing with the Smash Ball, you should never hit it right when it spawns(UNLESS the opponent is far away).

Also, landmaster can potentially get 3 KOs(2 if the opponent doesn't move while his invincibility frames are up).

I saw that in the FD match, he tried to wait until Marth was KOed(since he was high damage) before using LM, but he could have used it then and killed him twice per landmaster.

The Space Animal's FS are the best because they're nearly unavoidable and very easy to use, not to mention they can potentially kill more than once per landmaster.

Also, tourny results(It's from this post):

1. CPU (ROB)
2. Ken (Marth,Wolf)
3. Hall (Snake)
4. SK97 (Falco)
5. Peapo (Peach?)/Darwin (???)
7. BarDulL (DDD)/WDRM (Lucas)
So he used Wolf too.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Well, it's interesting to see an items tournament once in a while.

Anyway, I watched the videos with no sound, guess I did myself a favor(reading the comments).

It seems that Falco didn't really practice playing with the Smash Ball, you should never hit it right when it spawns(UNLESS the opponent is far away).

Also, landmaster can potentially get 3 KOs(2 if the opponent doesn't move while his invincibility frames are up).

I saw that in the FD match, he tried to wait until Marth was KOed(since he was high damage) before using LM, but he could have used it then and killed him twice per landmaster.

The Space Animal's FS are the best because they're nearly unavoidable and very easy to use, not to mention they can potentially kill more than once per landmaster.
Woah, is this a serious conversation? When should items be allowed? Never. If Ken just came back, I wouldn't expect him to be nearly as good as he was in Melee, he is very far behind. I really haven't seen any great Marth videos, and the last Ken video I saw he was playing Ike.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
Woah, is this a serious conversation? When should items be allowed? Never. If Ken just came back, I wouldn't expect him to be nearly as good as he was in Melee, he is very far behind. I really haven't seen any great Marth videos, and the last Ken video I saw he was playing Ike.
I never said items should be allowed, I said it was interesting to see items in play in high level once in a while, which isn't saying items should be allowed.

Anyway, just as much as everyone else, I would have liked it if it didn't have items but since we can't/couldn't change that, I said "it's nice interesting to see items in play once in a while.".

Though, after rereading that, I guess I wasn't clear but I never meant "items should be in", I meant "since items are in(and we can't change that), it's refreshing to see items in play in high levels".

Also, tourny results(It's from this post):

1. CPU (ROB)
2. Ken (Marth,Wolf)
3. Hall (Snake)
4. SK97 (Falco)
5. Peapo (Peach?)/Darwin (???)
7. BarDulL (DDD)/WDRM (Lucas)
So he used Wolf too.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed, the payout in EVO(according to the official site) is 7/2/1? Hmm, that's really a big gap between 1st place and 2nd IMO.

Top Bottom