• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Sheik is easier to use at a high level than Ice Climbers... :3
lol, when Brawl first came out, I thought Sheik was still awesome and ICs were terrible, so I decided to main Sheik and second ICs. After a couple weeks, I was like "**** this, ICs are too cool not to main" and went back to them. I lucked out. :)

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
S: Meta Knight, Snake, Wario, Falco, Diddy Kong, King Dedede
A: Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Pikachu, Olimar, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Kirby
B: Lucario, Zero Suit Samus, Toon Link, Pit, Donkey Kong
C: Peach, Luigi, Fox, Wolf, Sonic, Sheik
D: Bowser, Zelda, Pokémon Trainer, Ike
E: Lucas, Mario, Ness, Yoshi, Samus
F: Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Link, Ganondorf

My thoughts...

I honestly through that Pit was just mid tier... Wonder why he's so high up on the tier list... No Pits in my area...

I also like the fact that we're higher than ROB =D

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I forgive you. Our metagame has been at a standstill for most of the year now. I expect to go down further this new tier list.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I forgive you. Our metagame has been at a standstill for most of the year now. I expect to go down further this new tier list.
I just don't like him because he wouldn't give his I'M CHARGIN MY LAZER power to me :*(

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Super Wario Climbers!

Just so you know, this wasnt my idea XDXDXD but dont tell me this wouldnt make the most epic ICs ditto match ever :3

Download

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
@JustNoOne: I think it's more about potential with his placing, instead of actual tourney results. But like, Pit can be really beast if you play him right. I guess no one does yet. D: Or maybe I just haven't seen any.
EDIT: hey Condog, Is it just me or is that link borken?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
@JustNoOne: I think it's more about potential with his placing, instead of actual tourney results. But like, Pit can be really beast if you play him right. I guess no one does yet. D: Or maybe I just haven't seen any.
EDIT: hey Condog, Is it just me or is that link borken?
Not anymore its not =D

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
hey did someone ever thought about a matchup discussion for sopo? i think the idea is not that bad. and it helps when you know how to play against some characters with sopo.

go for sopo match-up discussion!

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
hey did someone ever thought about a matchup discussion for sopo? i think the idea is not that bad. and it helps when you know how to play against some characters with sopo.

go for sopo match-up discussion!
i actually think thats a very good idea and i would be willing to spear-head the process.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I know, I just don't know what to say, everyone ***** Solo Climber except a few. Also, I wasn't joking when I said Solo Climber is good against MK :p At least compared to other characters, my solo climber is ok against MK.

Kirby though... can't really do anything against him with one Ice Climber. I get thrown off the stage and if I manage to finally make it back, I get hit off again x.x

(Random note, I'm trying to make Sonic and Tails climbers now)

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
yeah i know that sopo isn´t that bad against mk ^^ but he doesn´t counter him lololol

and i think some notes how to play with sopo against someone would be rather helpful. yes the most of the cast ***** sopo but every ic-main is sooner or later forced to play sopo and than we have to pull the maximum out of him.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I would give advise if I could, but I generally play 1 Ice Climber the same as I play 2, except way more aggressive.

Edit: Does anyone else here have a scratch on their disc that messes their game up during certain places in the character select screen too? For some reason when I hover my icon over Fox or Falco too long, the game freezes x.x though that's only happened to me when I had over Fox's and Falco's red colors, and Fox's purple color. It's annoying x.x

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
my sopo is generally better than my regular ICs (sometimes). aggressiveness coupled with good edge timing (dtilt) can wreck sonic/bowsers failry consistently. unfortunately sopo's lack of off stage options make any character with good aerial movement (kirby, jiggs, DDD, pit, etc.) very annoying. for those matchups its probably better to adopt a defensive/responsive play style as opposed to aggressive so as to force them to make the move and then you react.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'm self concious.

Do you guys think the ICs boards need a bit more tidying up? <<;

I tried to close all the dumb topics and rubbish bin the really dumb ones I could find.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
IT'S NOT CLEAN ENOUGH.

I THOUGHT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD AT THIS?

Haha just kidding :). Looks great.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
;____; @ the strikeout, lol.

Thank you though, hehe.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
It's fine the way it is imo
at least for the next few days it will be cause some ***** WILL come in and be like ADD TOPIC: HAO DO I CHEINGRAWRB
Srsly HAO DO AI DOE IZ?

Pretty nice KRD i like them

Dev2000

Smash Lord
I always wanted ice climbers with Dedede hammers
one of the coats purple
the other one black
and the fur around the coats just white

it's just an idea

Top Bottom