• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I wish I was naturally good at CGing...

weeee time to kill myself over Nana grabbing again after I Dthrow and missing the Bthrow...

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Yay! I get a cookies =D

But sadly I must finish my mission of CGing Bthrow to Dthrow successfully...

I'm saving up the cookie for later BTW :*(

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Being consistent with grabs is somewhat easier for me than most people... It's finding the problem I have.. =.=

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I wish I was naturally good at CGing...

weeee time to kill myself over Nana grabbing again after I Dthrow and missing the Bthrow...
I spent over 3 hours trying to get my first alt grab.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
It took me forever to get chain grabs down my first time too :/ Well, at least in Brawl.

Back in the early days of Melee, I just kind of thought "I should try throwing and have Nana grab" and went to training mode against Bowser, ran forword and Fthrowed, had nana grab and Fthrow, then I grabbed again and then missed the next grab and said "That was fun" and never thought about it after that... x.x

When I think about it... a lot of things used to seem crazy hard to do with IC, now it's just every day stuff.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It took me forever to get chain grabs down my first time too :/ Well, at least in Brawl.

Back in the early days of Melee, I just kind of thought "I should try throwing and have Nana grab" and went to training mode against Bowser, ran forword and Fthrowed, had nana grab and Fthrow, then I grabbed again and then missed the next grab and said "That was fun" and never thought about it after that... x.x

When I think about it... a lot of things used to seem crazy hard to do with IC, now it's just every day stuff.
I..really doubt that considering you can't control nana in melee lmfao.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
But if you are near a ledge and Nana is facing said ledge then she automatically fthrows. Maybe he meant that?
That could've been why. I just know that I could never get an alternate throw to work for me in that game except that one situation. Me vs. a Bowser in training mode, run up grab > fthrow > grab with nana > she fthrows > i grab. It worked 100% of the time (you can test it yourself if you don't believe me, Hylian. I don't know why you always assume everything I say is a lie when I've never told a lie here...)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That could've been why. I just know that I could never get an alternate throw to work for me in that game except that one situation. Me vs. a Bowser in training mode, run up grab > fthrow > grab with nana > she fthrows > i grab. It worked 100% of the time (you can test it yourself if you don't believe me, Hylian. I don't know why you always assume everything I say is a lie when I've never told a lie here...)
Since when do I assume everything you say is a lie? Calm down.

And I have tested it. It's pretty common knowledge that you cannot control nana in melee and you cannot make her throw a certain direction. Yes, it is possible to alt grab near the edge because nana always fthrows but that ends fairly fast as you run out of stage to do it with.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Since when do I assume everything you say is a lie? Calm down.

And I have tested it. It's pretty common knowledge that you cannot control nana in melee and you cannot make her throw a certain direction. Yes, it is possible to alt grab near the edge because nana always fthrows but that ends fairly fast as you run out of stage to do it with.
Yeah, that's the thing I don't like about using IC in Melee currently because I'm too used to try to alt grab x.x

Anyways... you still love me then? :3

JUDGE

Smash Lord
hmmmm....i actually tried using ic since last week and.....NEARLY(!) MASTERED the chaingrab^^
but for some weird reason....i can't pull it off good on heavy chars like bowser or ganondorf :(
dunno why
i can chaingrab light chars to death, middle heavys to death...but fail on heavy ones :( (not always but often)

any tips for the timing guys??

ahhh btw i prefer backthrow to downthrow

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Nana will also bthrow in Melee if you're close to an edge that you're not facing. If you're close to two edges, e.g. if Nana grabbed somebody in the middle of a platform on YS or on Randall, she chooses bthrow over fthrow.

Even if you're not near an edge, you can re-grab after a Nana dthrow or fthrow, tech chase/combo or sometimes grab after bthrow, and combo off of uthrow, so Nana grabs still have their uses. They can also be good for messing up DI.

ICs have a lot of amusing grab tricks in Melee.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Hey guys! Sorry I've been inactive lately. I'm currently on vacation in Las Vegas. xD

I hope to meet SK92, although the chances of that happening are really rare. We are also staying in a nice hotel, with a Brawl set-up. I knew in my gut feeling that I should've brought my gamecube controller, so in return I'm forced to use a wii-mote and nunchuck. ;x

Still yet, I'm ****** every person I come across, and I'll I'm going to spamming grenades and FTilt. It's hilarious. I'll be back on Sunday, August 16th. I hope you guys don't forget me!

-IxxI

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
Boston is pretty fun.

I went to visit my older sister since she lives and goes to school around there. Saturday we went to Chinatown and ate there for cheap. Sunday we cooked something and it was really good. Yesterday we went to Harvard Square, walked around and watched a movie. Today we went to the aquarium. I leave early tomorrow morning

I haven't played Brawl in about 2 weeks. I took a break from playing it for a bit because I was getting frustrated by the game more than I would like. Now I would like people to face, but I seem to be free at the wrong times...

The weekend of S.N.E.S, I'm supposed to be traveling to the Midwest to visit relatives with my family.

I start school the 31st and go back the 30th. I really want to go back.

Steel2nd maining Ice Climbers now. I wonder how long that will last...

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Steel2nd maining Ice Climbers now. I wonder how long that will last...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-qcfhbUQf7s&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-qcfhbUQf7s&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

you inspired me obv

Top Bottom