• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Okay guys okay okay. Let's talk about umm...

Stages! >_>
Ice Climbers look kewl with their blue suits since Final Destination is blue as well :3
Delfino Plaza is 1/4th blue
Battleground has a blue sky background
Yoshi's Island is not blue enough :*(

Stages are gay since you can't change their colour unless you hacked you Wii... I want to change Final Destination into something like a boxing ring :3

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Agreed, we need more stupidly fun stages like Dream Land, wonder why they didn't add any stages from 64 to Brawl...

*plans evil plot of Sakurai >.<

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Fur coats :3

mkay which of these is better? I cant decide which combo to go with, prolly the first or second :3

opinions?!

EDIT: lol @ thread title <3

Teh Future

Smash Master
lol I only got 9th at Jokers monthlies :(

random seeding is ftl

I had to face joker in the second round of winners and I lost. first match was YI and he was like lawl imma camp platforms with grenades. LOL I dont know how any snakes have never done that to me before very much but I just kept upairing it cause Im dumb. I counterpicked Mansion because Im dumb and thought he would get caught in the bottom = grabbed plus the ceiling was high so I could survive uptilt. He just camped on the second level :( I destroyed the stage after that and it was really close, we both last stock high percentage, and I probably would have won if I didnt mess up a CG.

I still dont think the snake matchup is bad though. Joker is definitely a better player than me and the next person I faced in losers was a decent snake and I three stocked him on YI :/ I didnt get to play joker after that though which sucks because I think I would have done better, I might have taken a match off him if I just went SV but whatever I still pretty much ***** everyone else I played with ICs except for a G&W(and metaknights) that beat me because I ran into an upsmash at like 60 and just got pissed lol.

I think if I can actually start placing well in tournaments if I can get the metaknight matchup down, I just get tornado spammed and cant seem to do anything. I think I need moar desynced blizzard but I dunno, Im going to work on the matchup more.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I just practiced CGing for almost 2 hours.

99 stock match vs Snake followed by a 99 stock match vs MK.

I cg'ed them every stock ;_;.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I wouldn't have the patience to practice chain grabbing for that long of a period of time o.o Though I probably need to... I just found out today that I can't chain grab ganondorf xD. At least I'll never need to.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I just practiced CGing for almost 2 hours.

99 stock match vs Snake followed by a 99 stock match vs MK.

I cg'ed them every stock ;_;.
But lol, cging lights requires no skill at all XD . Why would you even practice cging MK lol.

And if you hobbled snake, then i dont even consider that infiniting. I got out of hobbling online lmao (SDI+online= HARD ).

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Second one.

I'm not that bad off though with CG'ing. I've basically got Bowser, DDD, and DK down in like two days. It's just the smaller characters that are giving me trouble.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
But lol, cging lights requires no skill at all XD . Why would you even practice cging MK lol.

And if you hobbled snake, then i dont even consider that infiniting. I got out of hobbling online lmao (SDI+online= HARD ).
Because I don't want to mess up in tournament? The key to consistency is practice.You can say cging lights is easy, but when you mess up in tournament who are you going to blame? I practiced CGing MK to the point where I could literally do it with my eyes closed so I won't mess up in tournament where it counts. God knows if you mess up a cg against a player like dojo/m2k you are going to lose. Just because you can 0-death a light character once doesn't mean you will always do it consistently. Messing up even once can **** you.

And I don't practice hobbling, that takes no timing. On snake I practiced Dthrow --> Dthrow --> Running pivot grab. This gets you away from nades faster then any other CG.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Lightweights are supposed to be easy to chain grab? ... they're who I have the most trouble with :<
Then again, that's probably because I always forget to use Bthrow > Dthrow instead of the Fthrow chain grab against them.

Teh Future

Smash Master
To practice chaingrabs I go into matches and go against random w/ 1 stock on random neutral stages. It helps a lot actually, since you dont get a chance to restart anything if you mess up (like in a tournament) and you have ajust nearly every match

swordgard

Smash Hero
Because I don't want to mess up in tournament? The key to consistency is practice.You can say cging lights is easy, but when you mess up in tournament who are you going to blame? I practiced CGing MK to the point where I could literally do it with my eyes closed so I won't mess up in tournament where it counts. God knows if you mess up a cg against a player like dojo/m2k you are going to lose. Just because you can 0-death a light character once doesn't mean you will always do it consistently. Messing up even once can **** you.

And I don't practice hobbling, that takes no timing. On snake I practiced Dthrow --> Dthrow --> Running pivot grab. This gets you away from nades faster then any other CG.
I almost never mess up on light chars (back throw to dtrow is just so easy for me).

Also, Your using a very weird cg for heavies, which while it may be the fastest cg to get you away from nades, cannot be used on plats very effectivly. But considering its so fast, i may learn it if only for snake.

Then again, MK may be easy for me only due to the very high amount of laggy MKs online, so offline cging him seems so easy for me >.<

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Swordgarg.

Not everyone uses the same chaingrabs, nor do they have to. It's personal preference. I might be the only person that D-Throw chains MKs to the end of the stage, B-Throw them when I reach the end, and continue D-Throwing until I have to. There's no set way to play Ice Climbers or chaingrabbing with them. Whatever works.

Also, I'm going to have a life for about 2-3 days so that's exciting.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
I agree on that kawaii
i use Dthrow fair to rack up damage and then i usually go hobble or Bthrow Dthrow/Fthrow Depemds on what i feel like doing lol

oh... and i desynch

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I almost never mess up on light chars (back throw to dtrow is just so easy for me).

Also, Your using a very weird cg for heavies, which while it may be the fastest cg to get you away from nades, cannot be used on plats very effectivly. But considering its so fast, i may learn it if only for snake.

Then again, MK may be easy for me only due to the very high amount of laggy MKs online, so offline cging him seems so easy for me >.<
I just use Bthrow --> fthrow on platforms.

And I almost never mess up on light characters either.

That's the problem. I don't want to almost never mess up. I want to NEVER mess up. So I practice. I really don't know how you can chastise someone for practicing lmao.

For heavies I use Dthrow --> Bthrow. For snake I use Dthrow --> Dthrow --> Running pivot grab because it gets you away from nades.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Swordgarg.

Not everyone uses the same chaingrabs, nor do they have to. It's personal preference. I might be the only person that D-Throw chains MKs to the end of the stage, B-Throw them when I reach the end, and continue D-Throwing until I have to. There's no set way to play Ice Climbers or chaingrabbing with them. Whatever works.

Also, I'm going to have a life for about 2-3 days so that's exciting.

Your right, most cgs can be interchanged, but some are better for one thing or another. For example, a faster cg will use 2 different cgs because popo's moves are the only ones that goes to towards the stale list (meaning nanas throw will never stale :) ) . Also, as Hylian posted, dtrow to pivot grab seems the best way to evade nades (hence why il learn that cg tonight ). As i stated before too, i think there are cgs which are worst (hobbling is a great example, being escapable, down throw to fair being even worst ) , which we should try not to rely on.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
I think i just found something to avoid snake's grenades
Let nana shield while you have him grabbed and when the nade is near to explosion Dthrow it will let nana shield and popo wont be hurt in the animation of the dthrow o,o pretty weird

It maaay be useful but idk

swordgard

Smash Hero
I think i just found something to avoid snake's grenades
Let nana shield while you have him grabbed and when the nade is near to explosion Dthrow it will let nana shield and popo wont be hurt in the animation of the dthrow o,o pretty weird

It maaay be useful but idk

Actually thats a great idea, never thought of it. I think you have to be 4th so popo doesnt flinch though.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I use Fthrow>Bthrow>Fthrow>Bthrow over and over on heavies. It's so easy in my opinion.

.AC.

Smash Lord
so which one takes less practice to do on mk?mi wii exploded on my face so i cant practice much.

djm111

Smash Cadet
I never found this in the guide and I doubted it merited a new thread on its own until I've discovered some details, but you can angle IC's F-Tilt upwards. Just turn tap jump off and hold the directional pad diagonally.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I never found this in the guide and I doubted it merited a new thread on its own until I've discovered some details, but you can angle IC's F-Tilt upwards. Just turn tap jump off and hold the directional pad diagonally.
Lol, almost everyone can do that. =P

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
Up-angled F-Tilts never needed the use of tap jump being off. This has been known since Smash 64 with a few characters. Same with F-Smashes.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Has anybody here played the original Ice Climber game? I've played Vs. Ice Climber, which I've heard is very similar.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Has anybody here played the original Ice Climber game? I've played Vs. Ice Climber, which I've heard is very similar.
I played it, all you do is grab in that game, everywhere there are the ICs you can always tell there are chaingrabs :3

And I did play the original Ice Climber game, but I got bored after some time with it... I NEED CGS!

Top Bottom