• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm the oldest IC besides meep lol. Bleh.

Though I've been playing smash longer than any of the other ics I'm pretty sure. Then again I've been playing smash longer than most melee players lol.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Not trueee lol. I started early 2003 competitively, people had already been playing 64 competitively before melee came out in 01.

19 :/
I wonder who the oldest smasher is that plays and tries to commit to the game. I remember hearing of a couple of parents who played because of their child, but in general, smash sees a demograph of early teen to mid twenties. Usually the oldest smashers I see are mid-late twenties.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
I'm 18, turning 19 in November.
But I'm North Florida, no one cares. x)

Also, Blink 182 is great. My drumming sense is tingling. I wish I had a working camera, I'd record myself playing What's My Age Again.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I personally like guitar, but I love drums.
Just bad at em:/
I play acoustic guitar but that's it.
Well I sing all the time.
Whether or not I do it well, I'll leave that up to my surrounding population.

:phone:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I won a small tourney today

Beat Yes, Fino, and Linkz to do so

Exhausted

DeLux

David, he actually Ditto'd me for 2 games, I got JV 4 Stocked on RC (this is not a joke), and I beat his Olimar on Delfino

I got JV 4stocked twice this tournament :(

Teh Future

Smash Master
o i c so olimar is still the best character in the game.

wow get ***** then how does that even happen blizzard beats like 99.9% of moves in the game. use lucas less i know sparkles are broken but STILL.

DeLux

I went ICs on RC. And I got super gay gimped early.

And then he Dair camped me until I died and I didn't hit him because I gave up

Speaking of Lucas,

I'm gonna have a surpise Future Counter by next tourney I hope :) :) :)

DeLux

I pulled off some super janky CG to avoid a grenade beneath and on the platform on SV. Like, Popo Fthrow > Nana Pivot Grab > Pick up Grenade and throw with Popo, Nana Bthrow > Popo Dash Grab > Popo Bthrow > Nana Regrab > Nana Bthrow > etc. But then when I went to fsmash, I forgot I was on a platform so when i did the dthrow, I platform dropped. Super sad

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Silly lux:(

do like my sig says.
Talk to yourself as you play, I've dine it with yoshi.
I've been like "pressure with eggs and shield grab>grab release" verbalized, then I'd actually do it.
Verbalizing helps alot.

Roller

Smash Legend
I've JV 4'd people, but never in tourney. I don't get how ICs can get JV4'd tho.

Also. I assume game&watch got that from a post delta made a while ago on the Yoshi boards telling people to talk to themselves while they play. However it wasn't to perform actions, it was mainly to keep track of information you gather during the match about reads and whatnot.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
It was actually because you think you're thinking when you're on auto-pilot mode.
So while you're like "agh why'd I let that happen I knew his usmash would get me before I landed:(" or things like that.
You can verbalize "wait his smash out and dash grab him in the ending lag." and shabambamboozle you're thinking through your matches.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
That's the one dumb smash mistake I ALWAYS make with any character.
I run, he smashes, I wait and think he's gonna release it or think the charge is over and jump for it tryna hit him in the landing lag.
Mid read everytime.
Takes verbalization for me to learn.

May be a different mistake for other people. But verbalization will help fix the problem.

Top Bottom