• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Blissard

Smash Lord
All I remember was saying "I drop fthrow chain grabs after like the 3rd grab."
and someone said "that's the max you can do I think." and someone else said "no you can get the fourth if you dash grab."
but not sure of any names.
You said that you dropped your fair chaingrab after 3 throws, then I said that I was unaware it could go past 3 unless the fair was extremely stale since it'll otherwise spike. Then Hylian embedded a video of dthrow>fair>dashgrabbing before the spike hits them to the ground.

It reminds me to trust my hands
This reminds me of when Fino had a sig where you said you CG'ed instead of masterbating and thus you could only CG when you were horny ^.^

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
You said that you dropped your fair chaingrab after 3 throws, then I said that I was unaware it could go past 3 unless the fair was extremely stale since it'll otherwise spike. Then Hylian embedded a video of dthrow>fair>dashgrabbing before the spike hits them to the ground.
ah, then IDRC.

This reminds me of when Fino had a sig where you said you CG'ed instead of masterbating and thus you could only CG when you were horny ^.^
O.o
lolololololol

EDIT: I just CG'd a bowser to 150ish%.
that's like a record high for me.
I sux

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Statistically speaking, we should be going down.

Nobody wins anything with our character. We have so many deficiencies on the non-static stages that tbh we are debatably unviable for tournament play.

I can't think of any other character that does as poorly on RC/Brinstar as we do that's "viable". If it were only one, it would be fine, but the rulesset doesn't do us any favors in the counter pick department, and it definitely looks like it's heading towards not handing us favors in the starter department either with the expanded starter lists

Roller

Smash Legend
LOL

If I could do that, I'd be the most consistent CGer on the boards son.
So what you're saying is... You're always horny at tournaments?
I'm horny right ****ing now

Sieguest

Smash Master
Oh my shiz
I knew it was coming...
*goes on Skype*

I blame it on Fino for being the springboard.
ICs are screwed. ttyl maining TL.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion

Nobody wins anything with our character. We have so many deficiencies on the non-static stages that tbh we are debatably unviable for tournament play.

I can't think of any other character that does as poorly on RC/Brinstar as we do that's "viable". If it were only one, it would be fine, but the rulesset doesn't do us any favors in the counter pick department, and it definitely looks like it's heading towards not handing us favors in the starter department either with the expanded starter lists
This for sure, taking words out of my mouth. We do terrible on CP stages and no one is going to push to ban RC xor Brinstar because they think its not going to benefit aerial characters as much such as Wario and GW, even though they do fine on plenty of other stages.

Then they expanded the Neutrals to add more bull**** that isn't necessary, like Castle Siege (really, Castle Siege as a neutral?) that is going to make striking even harder. Like really, there is a HUGE balance issue with the fact that we always get at least one terrible counterpick stage against us.

DeLux

Man, I don't know how many different ways and places I gotta be telling you people this.

MY LAPTOP IS BROKEN I'M USING THE WII INTERNET CHANNEL AND MANUALLY CLICKING OUT EVERY POST WITH A WIIMOTE KAJDFLSAJFLKSJAFDLKSAJFLKSJAFLKSAJFDLA

Roller

Smash Legend
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaait. Lux. Explain this. CG's not being useful anymore, what? WHAT DID YOU MEAN BIONIC? WHAT HAVE YOU PEOPLE DONE?

Or Guest. You seem to know what's going on. Clarify more. I need to know if I should practice with them or not waste my time.

DeLux

The Smash Lab is going to be releasing a very interesting technical application to an ingame mechanic. For me, figuring this out was game changing for me.

I don't think it had anything to do with CGs. If it did, I'm just as in the dark as you are.

But I can reassure you that based on my testing, CGs are all thoroughly inescapeable if done correctly lol

DeLux

It has nothing to do with CGs unfortunately.

Unless you ask Fino. Who swears that it works on footstools, grabs, and throws. But if he says that he's trolling you and don't believe him

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
It has nothing to do with CGs unfortunately.

Unless you ask Fino. Who swears that it works on footstools, grabs, and throws. But if he says that he's trolling you and don't believe him
Does it have to do with SDI then? The only thing I can think of that doesn't work on those three things is SDI.

DeLux

Sort of?

It's a lot more than just "SDI". Like, if you really take the findings to heart, it'll ultimately change how you hold the controller. I know it did for me.

But I can't talk about it anymore than that without "leaking" I hope it comes out soon though. We gotta make the video and then we'll be more or less good to go on it.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaait. Lux. Explain this. CG's not being useful anymore, what? WHAT DID YOU MEAN BIONIC? WHAT HAVE YOU PEOPLE DONE?

Or Guest. You seem to know what's going on. Clarify more. I need to know if I should practice with them or not waste my time.
You have nothing to worry about. We just needed a way to get DeLux's attention. DeLux is magnetized to anything potentially controversial about ICs so what better thing to blow smoke about than the CG?

Sieguest

Smash Master
That's no fun though, weBio needed quick service. Well at least as quick as possible for someone who's stuck with wiinet for little while.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
So uh, ICs v Snake isn't bad, and ICs beat Lucas. Still maining MK though.

And I got lucky for the first time in my whole tournament career.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Man, I don't know how many different ways and places I gotta be telling you people this.

MY LAPTOP IS BROKEN I'M USING THE WII INTERNET CHANNEL AND MANUALLY CLICKING OUT EVERY POST WITH A WIIMOTE KAJDFLSAJFLKSJAFDLKSAJFLKSJAFLKSAJFDLA
I lost.

too good.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
So uh, ICs v Snake isn't bad, and ICs beat Lucas. Still maining MK though.

And I got lucky for the first time in my whole tournament career.
Yeah for me ICs isn't really that bad vs Snake, I just feel hot cold about it.

And ICs do well vs Lucas if they use Blizzard and Ice blocks smart.

DeLux

I used to use a bunch of tilts.

Lately if I'm in a situation where ftilt is the only option, I typically just roll way to reset the situation as the primary option :\

The risk/reward is skewed more towards risk imo. So I'll use ftilt the most as like a sopo mixup.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I like tilts, especially up tilt. Ftilt is really good to apply some good spaced pressure if you don't want to constantly use laggy Fsmash to get in some more direct damage. Plus, the deception factor kicks in because people don't ever see our tilts and think they can punish them.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Most of the time if I'm that close I've got the pressure on them so I shouldn't roll away anyway. Jab is meh but can be good for jab -> grab trap on certain characters, don't use it on a character with a ******** get away option like Marth though. The knockback on Ftilt and possibility for desynched IB frame trap is always nice.

Top Bottom