• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
But on a serious note, I'm trying them (because I heart grabs of any kind) and they're proving very difficult, it's gonna take daaaaaays of practice just for me to get one chaingrab down...

Back to the drawing board

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
But on a serious note, I'm trying them (because I heart grabs of any kind) and they're proving very difficult, it's gonna take daaaaaays of practice just for me to get one chaingrab down...

I was a slow learner and didn't ask questions, so it took me about a month or so to get them down.

Then many more months to get down for all the characters.

Then there was getting a solid grasp of the basics and getting my sopo skills up...

Then just getting desynchs down and how to use them.

Then I actually went to ask questions, and FrozenHobo tried to flame me off the Icies boards, but I stayed strong.

Yup, that's how it went more or less.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah it's pretty tough starting out with them because you feel overwhelmed with the amount of stuff you need to learn. Seems a lot easier when you know how to do it all lol.

B0NK

Smash Lord

You <3 grabs and are trying to use our horrible *** grab range?

Bad move imo

jkjk if you want to learn Enda has it right, it will take a while. Fortunately this board in general is willing to help if you have questions

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
You <3 grabs and are trying to use our horrible *** grab range?

Bad move imo

jkjk if you want to learn Enda has it right, it will take a while. Fortunately this board in general is willing to help if you have questions
Game and Watch has one of my favorite grabs and it has awfuuuuuuul range.

Anyway, I'll put my questions in the appropriate thread, thanks in advance.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Uhhhhhhh...

Mr. Game & Watch was pretty clear what he was talking about on this one.

G&Ws throws all look the same so he isn't sure which way he should DI out of them.

Although DIing the throw would be more accurate than DIing the Grab. DIing a grab gives mash inputs and it doesn't matter which way you go.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
i could care less how much you guys hate me. Make all the fun you'd like.

But please, have reason behind it. Don't take something someone says as automatic trash just because you dislike them.

sillehs

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
If I was trying to fit in I would keep my mouth shut and only speak when spoken to.

But this isn't the navy.
It's a video game. I say what I'd like and try to get better at the game.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
You're good yars. I'm the one hated here.

Though Im glad to have an IC scrubby! I'm not the worst anymore by default :D
You still are, you've made the least productive movement (in your words) and have made the worst posts possible. You give people false information for matchups and basic character knowledge.

You don't do anything important. Try asking Lux for advice on skype. Ask him if he needs some help with researching something. Hell, just don't post and just **** around in training mode for hours to at the least get your skill up and at the most find something new and informative to help everyone here.

DeLux

Well to be fair Enda, my laptop is broken right now so I haven't had skype the last few days.

So he couldn't ask me if he wanted to until my new **** comes in the mail. (Which should be Thursday)

I honestly don't mind him posting. What I don't like is that I've had to repeatedly correct misinformation he posts :(

We all make mistakes sometimes, and to be honest I probably make the most. And I remember at one point where I was around the same place that Mr. Game & Watch is at. He should keep trying imo. He just needs to ask more questions than trying to answer them

Like I did. Before I learned everything lol

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I spend a minimum of an hour a day in training mode practicing CGs.
And I do try to find new stuff.
I'm on the boards all the time cause I have an iPhone, I can acsess them whenever.
Often times while playing brawl.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Lux, you stayed humble the whole time man, and I don't think you ever tried to answer a single question until you ~knew~ that it was right.

And yes GnW, ask more than you answer, cause the only thing worse than no information is incorrect information. (for the most part) If you've known that you were bad at this game why not constantly ask more questions? Even if we shot down or made fun of you for the questions, I would eventually know that you were trying to make an attempt to be the best at the character.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Sup IC boards, been to inactive a while(no tournaments/practice and too lazy to host a tournament) but I saw that there has been some progress by watching Lain vs M2K on the livestream. Any IC players winning any tournaments/going to genesis 2?
Or recent nice discoveries?

DeLux

Humble?

lol I'm an IC main. I probably have the largest ego of anyone here in the Huge Ego Battlegrounds

I WAS going to go to Genesis but then my roommate pulled the shady business that taxed my wallet so now I'm only going to Brainshock instead of both tournaments.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Sup IC boards, been to inactive a while(no tournaments/practice and too lazy to host a tournament) but I saw that there has been some progress by watching Lain vs M2K on the livestream. Any IC players winning any tournaments/going to genesis 2?
Or recent nice discoveries?
Icies don't win tournaments. :(

In the recent discoveries department, you'd have to talk to Lux.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention this too Lux, I used "Lux?" as my tag in tourney sunday.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I ask alot of questions.
I answer with the answers I recieve.
Imagin how shocked I am to learn that it was all bs since I asked the same Qs.
Infact, I'm now only believing stuff lux or hylian says.

DeLux

Who is telling you the misinformation? I haven't seen it coming from any other source on the boards.

But people should call me DeLux :(

I have a new tag that I use

"TRUST"

It reminds me to trust my hands and my gameplan when I play in tourney.

Or to Trust that Nana won't do some ******** bs

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
What happened to using Pchip?
So you could yell "DONT TRIP POTATOE CHIP!" when you tripped a CG.

Not sure who told me the fthrow 4 times max crap.
I wanna say roller, but can't remember, so I don't wanna point fingers when I'm not positive.

DeLux

?

The advice was not pivot grab it. I suspect it wasn't Roller ;)

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
All I remember was saying "I drop fthrow chain grabs after like the 3rd grab."
and someone said "that's the max you can do I think." and someone else said "no you can get the fourth if you dash grab."
but not sure of any names.

Roller

Smash Legend
I definitely never said that.

Also. I laughed quite loud at Lux's post.

Alsoalso. Congrats on winning that tourney, Lux!

Alsoalsoalso. Please tell me that you all did not actually fall for that hobbling ZSS past 130 something percent on carpets post.. The number of absurd asumptions you'd have to make to take that post seriously is higher than Lain on any given Friday night.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I have a new tag that I use

"TRUST"

It reminds me to trust my hands and my gameplan when I play in tourney.

Or to Trust that Nana won't do some ******** bs
Trust is the first thing a couple needs, too bad popo missed catching nana one time in the trust fall exercises, now we gotta live with it forever. She's so spiteful.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Honestly, I don't think we should be jumping on g&w for mentioning that application of the desynch in a thread where the OP lists the "Pause Desynch" as a legitimate method of doing so. Might be best to stop attacking the newer players to prevent the event of them one day stumbling upon something useful and being too scared to share it. Or worse, we stop them from searching for innovations altogether. We need more Luxs and EAs.
While not exactly pertaining to in here, the general idea holds. We should make it known to GnW that he is giving false information when it happens, but we should not be treating him with the disdain one shows to a spamming troll because of it. He's entitled to just as much respect as the next (sensible) user. That would be like DeLux treating me or you with such disdain all of the time because of the times that we have given false and incomplete information.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I know right? I know he was on the IC board two nights ago because I saw his name in that box that shows people who are viewing the board, but he didn't post anywhere that night.... EA with that hard lurk status.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
But the quote has good reasoning.

No point in being mean to the new guys, you want all the mains you can get.
I don't care when you tell me I'm wrong about something at all. I'm happy for it actually, it makes me better.
What's bad is thrashing me hard for saying anything.
I'm scared for the yars dude, that he will be the butt of all the jokes now and maybe quit icies.

Top Bottom