• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'm pretty confident it only works with directions. She basically draws a straight line and follows that straight line to you. You can't affect how she attacks until your in her range. Theres nothing you can do except give her a general direction.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Woah, haven't been here for 19 days and i see quite a few new players.

speaking of nana's. I prob have the best nana story. and it's against _X_ too. haha.

2nd match of a tourney, X and i both down to our last stock, i fall off the stage and go underneath it. x chases me and was doing his sonic thing. nana footstools him and he hits the deathzone RIGHT before i did. Nana FTW.

His face was classic :O

I should see if that got recorded, even though it was months ago. I have other nana stories that top everyone else. just ask and i shall tell :)
'
Miss you guys <3

Sieguest

Smash Master
Hiya Red! I laughed at the Nana story. Too good. xD
We should make a Nana tier list.

And Lux... you are no longer DSG on skype. You're now 1-800-LUX-TECH.
:p

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
LOL, my computer wants me to call that number on skype. Someone else do it and see what they get.

DeLux

I added my skype info to my SWF account thing.

Please don't everyone just message me asking, "How do I do this?" I'm more inclined to share with people if they talk to me first. I like to know who/why I'm helping people.

Info capitalism ftwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :)

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
:| There is a tourney going on in march near me. And Stingers and Stockfield have to invite EVERY ROB they can think of lol.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yay I played IC yesterday against my friends.

I got what I deserved... I am used to play MK and pick Brinstar as my favorite CP as I am pretty much unbeatable against almost everyone there. Then he went Wario and counterpicked it. Man it was crazy.

His Wario is actually really good already, he has played him for a couple of weeks and already he was nearly ungrabbable. He also mashed like nuts, he almost instantly broke from a grab at 130% so I guess I have to CG him to like 200% before I can kill o_o

Anyways, thank you Cheese, your advice was really great, I played like you said, simple game. It really worked out really well. Before I had only been using desynch blizzards and didn't do really well. Simple play was really effective. Thanks a lot, now I can probably start to seriously pick them as a secondary.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
his diddy at COT4 :urg:
The only time I played kai was in friendlies and he played sonic and I won every match. In tournament at Cot4 I lost to Kismet and Judge.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Man some people mash out fast. My opponent was at 140% and I didn't even have time to start charging my smash before he broke out of it o_o

How am I supposed to do anything now?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Fthrow before you charge. They can't break out if they are being thrown. The longest charge you can get is from a dthrow to bthrow. Dthrow and space nana so she grabs them far away, and the bthrow and start charging at the same time, release right when she lets go of them.

DeLux

Frame data says you get longer charge times by doing it the opposite way. I do Bthrow > Dthrow to kill percents. Then at the end of the CG, I do a Pbthrow > NBthrow > P Bthrow > N Dthrow. The little stutter in the Bthrows spaces the climbers ideally so you don't whiff a Dsmash. On heavies, you can simply wait to shield buffer before you bthrow and you'll have the same spacing effect. Hylian's is much more simple though. Mine is not for those that don't understand how exactly buffer timings work in grabs.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, totally forgot the throwing thing, I do it usually, but I only used it to give more time. You know that when you smash in a grab the grab armor things kicks in. So I guess I have a thing or so to learn.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Frame data says you get longer charge times by doing it the opposite way. I do Bthrow > Dthrow to kill percents. Then at the end of the CG, I do a Pbthrow > NBthrow > P Bthrow > N Dthrow. The little stutter in the Bthrows spaces the climbers ideally so you don't whiff a Dsmash. On heavies, you can simply wait to shield buffer before you bthrow and you'll have the same spacing effect. Hylian's is much more simple though. Mine is not for those that don't understand how exactly buffer timings work in grabs.
what does P and N stand for -.-

also imo, it makes sense to just go for something simple/consistent that works for you unless its a specific situation in this case because, once you have the grab its a guaranteed stock anyway. since the results the same, it doesnt matter in the end

edit: LOL snake doesnt die from usmash at 140? so gay

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Don't charge?
^ This x1000.

Good mashing has long since convinced me to just never charge. Just learn your kill percents on each stage, and learn your starting percents, then you're set, no need to fiddle around with charge setups or worry about mashing again.

Also, deciding not to charge promotes better consistency in chaingrabs.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
All right thanks. I had always thought charging is a must when it comes to chaingrabs.

Is there a thread or something for the kill % for each character with uncharged smashes? Anyways, this shall help me a lot thanks :D

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I always charge and my opponents almost never break out. You just have to know how to charge out of throws so that they can't mash out instead of sitting there and just holding them while charging.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
LzR -- I'm fairly certain there is no (accurate) kill percents thread. Actually, I started to do some research on it for personal interest awhile ago for this very reason, but I never really took off with it. Should really get around to finishing that. >.>

Just play lots of games and pay attention to when usmash does and doesn't kill, should at least give you a workably-accurate idea of it. Also, here's a hint off the top of my head: on FD, usmash kills G&W at 122ish (after hit, more like 110ish before hit) even with perfect DI and momentum cancelling. That should point you in the right direction at least for similar characters and stages.

Top Bottom