• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
go to ZP or Ryos birthday then we can see how good you are. I wanna see how good you are for myself.
Get me a ride all the way down to North/Central FL, and I'll be there.
There will be vids up soon.
Reflex is right though, haha.
But the matches that are going to be up are BS, I dropped WAY more grabs than normal.
The people I played that day can attest that I usually don't drop that many grabs.

But no johns. I'll post the links when they get put up.

It's crews and I took 7 lives.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
umm... You can pivotgrab wario out of ANYTHING.

Just sayin'.
But if you mess up once, Nana could very well be dead, and if that happens, you've pretty much lost if the Wario decides not to fight you at that point.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What does that have to do with how hard the character is to grab?
Not a lot, I suppose, other than the fact that it's impossible to grab him if he doesn't approach you.

What I should have said is, his horizontal aerial mobility allows him to weave in and out of things (like grab attempts); if he plays it safe, he'll most likely be able to deal damage before Ice Climbers can get a grab in. Tires help with this. Waft can avoid pivot grabs, too, and a good Wario has no problem running away until he has one charged.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
umm... You can pivotgrab wario out of ANYTHING.

Just sayin'.

That doesn't make him easy to grab..warios air speed makes it really easy for him to bait a pivot grab and if you whiff one nana usually dies since wario is one of the best characters at separating and killing her. Meeps "pivot grab everything" advice is horrible and really should not be advocated. Wario is by far my best match-up and I cringe when I hear people say to pivot grab everything. Sadly, good warios a few and far in between these days so pivot grabbing usually works -.-.

Who does everyone think has the best MK vs ICs? I've only played havok and Dphat so I can't really say.
MK is my favorite match-up currently, I felt pretty confident in my ability to beat MK when playing M2K in friendlies at SiiS even though I was very sick lol.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Oh PLEASE do not try to grab after blizzard. The only character that works on is like Ganon at 0%. If you got that MK in like one of your climber's blizzard, run back and RAR blizzard back. And learn to tech the ground for Nana while you're doing blizzard. All she'll do is (if you miss) is airdodge and that doesn't matter.

I want to play more top level MKs :(

Who does everyone think has the best MK vs ICs? I've only played havok and Dphat so I can't really say.
Probz Ally.

But if you mess up once, Nana could very well be dead, and if that happens, you've pretty much lost if the Wario decides not to fight you at that point.
Wario. Is. So. Hard.

To. Hit.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Get me a ride all the way down to North/Central FL, and I'll be there.
There will be vids up soon.
Reflex is right though, haha.
But the matches that are going to be up are BS, I dropped WAY more grabs than normal.
The people I played that day can attest that I usually don't drop that many grabs.

But no johns. I'll post the links when they get put up.

It's crews and I took 7 lives.
u cant make it to gainsville?
i just wanna se how you play i though only me and mero was the only IC in FL beside Aglow

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This is how you guys should be cging MK:

[yt]ZJwXBcRnbNM[/yt]

Masasshi is pretty much mashing as fast as possible and he can't get out. This is how I chaingrab light characters as well and why I say people won't be able to get out with the new mashing method. Also, several people at the tournament I was just at used the new mashing method and agreed that they could not get out of my grabs no matter how fast they were mashing. I 3 stocked MJG's MK on frigate in tournament with IC's and he was doing the new grab break method.

Smoom77

Smash Master
MK is my favorite match-up currently, I felt pretty confident in my ability to beat MK when playing M2K in friendlies at SiiS even though I was very sick lol.
Yeah I feel pretty confident too, but I don't know if it's a false pride since I haven't played many MKs.

Why do you say that kack?

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Diem, Inui, and Anti are all really good at the matchup here. They're the only MKs I've played recently that I had trouble actually grabbing.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I want to play all of them. I've only played one of them and I've beaten him the last two times I've played him in tournament.

Roller

Smash Legend
I thought Anti wasn't that great at the mu?

I know in his match with Vinnie at KTAR he played horribly MK vs ICs. He was losin' that set if it wasn't for his snake.

Best MK I've played at the mu is probably Tyrant. Could always get one grab early, then he usually shut me down the rest of the game.

Also, Hylian, any chance your matches vs MJG got saved/are going to be uploaded? I'd really like to see them.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
That doesn't make him easy to grab..warios air speed makes it really easy for him to bait a pivot grab and if you whiff one nana usually dies since wario is one of the best characters at separating and killing her. Meeps "pivot grab everything" advice is horrible and really should not be advocated. Wario is by far my best match-up and I cringe when I hear people say to pivot grab everything. Sadly, good warios a few and far in between these days so pivot grabbing usually works -.-.

I thought Atomsk ***** you though!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I thought Anti wasn't that great at the mu?

I know in his match with Vinnie at KTAR he played horribly MK vs ICs. He was losin' that set if it wasn't for his snake.

Best MK I've played at the mu is probably Tyrant. Could always get one grab early, then he usually shut me down the rest of the game.

Also, Hylian, any chance your matches vs MJG got saved/are going to be uploaded? I'd really like to see them.
No, my matches with MJG weren't saved sorry. I think my matches with domo were saved though.

I thought Atomsk ***** you though!
When? If you are talking about SiiS I was incredibly sick lol. Like..I woke up that morning and had a high fever and a sore throat, but couldn't drive 7-8 hours back home so I just went to the tournament and slept, woke up for my matches and then went back to sleep. Atomsk actually got sick from what I had lol it was horrible. When Atomsk stayed at my house before the last HD I beat his mk in friendlies consistently which is why he played snake against me, though he has gotten a lot better at the match-up since then.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
No, my matches with MJG weren't saved sorry. I think my matches with domo were saved though.

When? If you are talking about SiiS I was incredibly sick lol. Like..I woke up that morning and had a high fever and a sore throat, but couldn't drive 7-8 hours back home so I just went to the tournament and slept, woke up for my matches and then went back to sleep. Atomsk actually got sick from what I had lol it was horrible. When Atomsk stayed at my house before the last HD I beat his mk in friendlies consistently which is why he played snake against me, though he has gotten a lot better at the match-up since then.
But you said you felt capable in friendlies, and be got alot better in the matchup since the last time you played him!

Also, johns, johns, johns! ;)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
But you said you felt capable in friendlies, and be got alot better in the matchup since the last time you played him!

Also, johns, johns, johns! ;)
I only played friendlies when I first got there, I felt worse and worse as the day went on, and had to call in sick from work 2 days later. Being sick isn't johning, I legitimately shouldn't have even entered the tournament and if you ask anyone who was there they would tell you I looked horrible lol.

Edit: I agree with smoom lol.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yay gonna play a money match with IC against my friends Wario. We'll see how it goes... It's tough MU...

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Nah bro. I'll try to get vids up.
I don't have a car yet. If that changes, I'll see about going.

Aglow was actually the guy who got me started on ICs.
well im better than aglow now according to FL im the best IC in the state. He got me into them to. i started IC like 3months ago i dont care if im the best in my state or not im just focus on beating SFL.
But its good that i found another IC player in the state.
Yay gonna play a money match with IC against my friends Wario. We'll see how it goes... It's tough MU...
If he trys to play keep away just up air him. IC upair last for along time. Pivot grab his dair. Also when you CG him Stay Focus! because its very easy to drop. You know how IC mains can CG Mk pika and other lighter charaters without looking? your not doing that on wario trust me. My bro plays so gay lol. At the end of any aerial wario dose still hold your shield even if you block the aerial because most of the time hes going to Fsmash or spot dodge. If he spot dodge read it and grab.If he Fsmash block and its a free grab.Let him keep his bike on the stage and use it as bait. Play very patient against wario. Its rewarding. IC are a punishing Character primarily.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
IMO Wario is the easiest char to CG, but I also practice him the most.
Anyways, I must be really careful with my CG because he mashes like crazy.

He doesn't play keep away much, but I have told him to do that. He is sort of as new to Wario as I am to IC. We both have an equal chance of winning. :)

2-DJeff

Smash Master
IMO Wario is the easiest char to CG, but I also practice him the most.
Anyways, I must be really careful with my CG because he mashes like crazy.

He doesn't play keep away much, but I have told him to do that. He is sort of as new to Wario as I am to IC. We both have an equal chance of winning. :)
ok lol yea its in your favor until he learns the MU but i CG wario the most to but after learning how to CG every1 u will say wario is a ***** to CG. Trust me.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Because he's not the same.

Just looking at the frame data, there's a difference in weight that's minute, so the only timing difference would be found in a dthrow CG. Based on the internal character mechanics, Wario is floatier and has a different hurtbox than Ganon and thus has different spacing properties.

DeLux

Regardless, the Bthrow would also have different spacing properties.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well dunno, but I just can't CG Ganon. But not that it's even important. Not gonna go IC against Ganon.

Roller

Smash Legend
Well dunno, but I just can't CG Ganon. But not that it's even important. Not gonna go IC against Ganon.
You do realize it's like our best matchup, right? Even sopo has a 0-death on Ganon.Plus blizzard wall is a ***** for him and you can pivotgrab his attacks mad easy.

But I guess I shouldn't talk, I usually just go pika vs them anyway. lol

DeLux

well i mean not using back throw he is the same fthrow to down throw with a hobble in the mix. It feels the same to me.
There is a definite difference in frame times on downthrow.

It might feel the same, but saying it is the same is wrong ;)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
@Roller, I am perfectly aware of that. The reason I don't play it, I get a wrong mindset. I go like "LOLGANON0-100" and then do something stupid and get 2 stocked. I prefer sticking to MK and tornado for the win thank you.

DeLux

I lose to ganon on wifi. Just ask Guest. But I lose to everything on wifi.
And off wifi, but who's counting right?

Top Bottom