• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I don't know anything about Melee IC duh. It's just that their smashes seems to be pathetically weak. Well I practiced today and now I use the fthrow to hypen smash. It works great so far.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
So unless my new main fails me in pools and I'm forced to rush and debut them one day early, my version of the 2011 Climbers debut in one day. WGF hype

Good luck to IC's competing in tournaments everywhere this weekend.
I pray that your CGs and Nanas serve you well :)

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
So unless my new main fails me in pools and I'm forced to rush and debut them one day early, my version of the 2011 Climbers debut in one day. WGF hype

Good luck to IC's competing in tournaments everywhere this weekend.
I pray that your CGs and Nanas serve you well :)
You got this.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Dsmash does like 23472587% But has no knockback.
dsmash does have decent knockback, it's just not top tier knockback like usmash.

-LzR- said:
Doing it without dashing is harder than the cg itself >_>
Nah it's the same, just pretend like you're going to regrab off an fthrow but press usmash instead of grab.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Fthrow is the same for each character?
It feels different for Ness for example, but do you mean the speed of the animation is always the same no matter how heavy the opponent is?

Sieguest

Smash Master
Fthrow is the same for each character?
It feels different for Ness for example, but do you mean the speed of the animation is always the same no matter how heavy the opponent is?
The throw speed is exactly the same for all characters. The reason Ness feels different is because of spacing and the shape of his hurtbox.

DeLux

I am kind of playing a big shot guy first round of bracket tomorrow. It rhymes with "Wii Fartin". I am doomed.

PS: I played like crap today, but still managed to claw my way into bracket. Hopefully I get my **** together for tomorrow.

When I am less tired, I'll tell you guys the funny story on how I lost the money match to Rich Brown.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
I am kind of playing a big shot guy first round of bracket tomorrow. It rhymes with "Wii Fartin". I am doomed.

PS: I played like crap today, but still managed to claw my way into bracket. Hopefully I get my **** together for tomorrow.

When I am less tired, I'll tell you guys the funny story on how I lost the money match to Rich Brown.
He went Lucario against my ICs when I played him in November, I don't know if he will against you,

but if he does, realize that even if his second jump is used, and he d-airs your shield, he's still able to do it again.
Footstools are gay. I might've actually beaten him if I had found a way around that.
I took him to his last stock, and I'm a scrub though.
YOU CAN DO IT LUX.

ch33s3

Smash Lord

I came sorta close the last time. Yougotdis.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The throw speed is exactly the same for all characters. The reason Ness feels different is because of spacing and the shape of his hurtbox.
Thank you guys. This will also be helpful.
You know the IC boards are so friendly and helpful, I am gonna like you guys ^_^

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Got 5th, with Reflex, Kismet, Billy, and George there.
Billy and George are 3 and 4 on Alabama's PR.
I felt like I could've got third though.
Good stuff bro! Who'd you beat?

D: Lucario ain't nuthin. MK is something though.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
So guess who had a pool full of Anti-ICs and a terribad mindset and didn't make it to brackets?

<-----

Yeah, I had a pretty jittery feeling in my body and almost losing to Nicalobe just put me in a dumb mood. Then I lose to Sorasin's Falco because NOBODY TOLD ME THAT UTILT STOPS ****ING IAPs. So, my Nana got phantasm ***** over and over again. So at that point in time, I was literally seething that I lost a match-up I could've easily won AND I dropped like 9378726328 grabs. So I go MK against him and I just blew it. A match-up that I practice on a REGULAR basis and I had such a clouded thought process that I couldn't even play correctly. Yeah, I was in a ****ty mood after I lost to him. I went MK in all of my pools matches except against a Fox player who switched to GW when I picked ICs and SoraSin's Falco.

Brb quitting life.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Excel, play my GnW more online if you really need help with the MU that badly. -.- It at least got Dom better at the MU. ;P

And yes, phatasm gets stopped by almost every option you have, I've stuffed it with Up angled Ftilt a couple times before.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Excel, play my GnW more online if you really need help with the MU that badly. -.- It at least got Dom better at the MU. ;P

And yes, phatasm gets stopped by almost every option you have, I've stuffed it with Up angled Ftilt a couple times before.
Sure. Like I 2 stocked his GW, but he doesn't really play GW. It's Falco that I need practice against. He would phantasm the moment I got within Blizzard range and I'm like "WTF do I do against this?!?!" I

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Learn on your own the best thing to do. I might just get slightly out of bliz range and bait out a phantasm to utilt.

Be creative, he's more scared of you.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Learn on your own the best thing to do. I might just get slightly out of bliz range and bait out a phantasm to utilt.

Be creative, he's more scared of you.
Yeah, it was more of me being stressed because I really just needed to beat him to ensure that I got out of pools. Top 4 made it out and I already knew who the Top 3 seeds were going to be. With him running a train on my ICs, it didn't help at all with that.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Good stuff bro! Who'd you beat?
Best Marth in AL, thanks to Hylian giving me advice on the MU. :) (Name was Kola.)
Uhm. Best Pika in AL. (Name was PikaCam.)
In friendlies I was beating Billy after I practiced CGing Snake for 15 minutes when I was salty after my loss in tourney. :(
Best G&W in AL. This match was interesting, too. (His name was darkm3troid, but his tag was m3t.)
I whooped him in round 1, JV 3 stock.
Round 2 was RC, where...well. Yeah.
Round 3, he was about to 3 stock me, and I sat in the respawner and calmed down. And then I Got two grabs on him, and I guess he choked, because he SD'd on the third life. :DD Close as ****.
Best Peach in AL. (CheapPeach)

I played Reflex, and that was just bad. I need practice on the Wario MU.
I took two games off of Kismet. :)
Not in bracket, I didn't face him in bracket.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Best Marth in AL, thanks to Hylian giving me advice on the MU. :) (Name was Kola.)
Uhm. Best Pika in AL. (Name was PikaCam.)
In friendlies I was beating Billy after I practiced CGing Snake for 15 minutes when I was salty after my loss in tourney. :(
Best G&W in AL. This match was interesting, too. (His name was darkm3troid, but his tag was m3t.)
I whooped him in round 1, JV 3 stock.
Round 2 was RC, where...well. Yeah.
Round 3, he was about to 3 stock me, and I sat in the respawner and calmed down. And then I Got two grabs on him, and I guess he choked, because he SD'd on the third life. :DD Close as ****.
Best Peach in AL. (CheapPeach)

I played Reflex, and that was just bad. I need practice on the Wario MU.
I took two games off of Kismet. :)
Not in bracket, I didn't face him in bracket.
You beat the -only- Marth in AL, the -only- Pikachu in AL, the -only- Game and Watch in AL, and the -only- Peach in AL, none of which are any more than sort of decent at the game.

You don't need to work on the Wario matchup--You just need to stop being so cursed formulaic. You have three gameplay types: You're either using the most basic B move desynchs, using Smash attacks repeatedly, or running up to the opponent and spotdodging until the opponent panics and does something, allowing you to get a grab. It's easy to tell which phase you're on at the moment, and makes dealing with you really, really easy, because you don't vary from that -at all.- One thing I can say as a positive is that you're rather efficient with your chaingrabs; you rarely mess up when you get it started. You need to pivot grab a lot more, you need to learn how to be more creative with your desynchs, and you need to stop relying on spotdodging in order to get your grabs.

The main reason my older brother can consistently maintain his number two on the AL Power Rankings is because no one else in Alabama has any idea at all on how to play against Ice Climbers.

Don't let this come off as trashtalk or anything. I just don't want you to get an inflated ego for beating mediocre players.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I did bad at the circuit final :(. Got 5th losing to domo in winners and mjg in losers both game 3. I played falco and gw against mjg but mm'ed him after going all ics and took his tl to game 3 all close. I think im just going to use ics vs him now. My set with domo was dumb, i died at like 10% on my last stock game 3 :(.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
You beat the -only- Marth in AL, the -only- Pikachu in AL, the -only- Game and Watch in AL, and the -only- Peach in AL, none of which are any more than sort of decent at the game.

You don't need to work on the Wario matchup--You just need to stop being so cursed formulaic. You have three gameplay types: You're either using the most basic B move desynchs, using Smash attacks repeatedly, or running up to the opponent and spotdodging until the opponent panics and does something, allowing you to get a grab. It's easy to tell which phase you're on at the moment, and makes dealing with you really, really easy, because you don't vary from that -at all.- One thing I can say as a positive is that you're rather efficient with your chaingrabs; you rarely mess up when you get it started. You need to pivot grab a lot more, you need to learn how to be more creative with your desynchs, and you need to stop relying on spotdodging in order to get your grabs.

The main reason my older brother can consistently maintain his number two on the AL Power Rankings is because no one else in Alabama has any idea at all on how to play against Ice Climbers.

Don't let this come off as trashtalk or anything. I just don't want you to get an inflated ego for beating mediocre players.
Alright. I agree with it all.
I can tell it's not trash talk, because trashtalkers don't point out anything good, and you did, thanks Reflex.
I'll work on it all.

As for me seeming to have an inflated ego: I didn't realize there were so few players in Alabama. I assumed, because I was told that they were the best with their characters, that they were the best in state. That's why I specified that they were the best.

I'll work on actively thinking as I play, so I don't fall into a "gameplay type", as you put it.
The spotdodging into a grab thing was a carry-over from playing Marth all the time. Hylian told me that it was useful, and I got used to it, I guess.

Thanks for critiquing me. Sorry for getting you worked up. xD

-LzR-

Smash Hero
People, no one has never, EVER touched IC in Finland before. I am pretty decent them already.

If I practice enough would I really do well with them due to everyones lack of experience?
People have really learned the MK MU already and I want to **** on flat stages too :D

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Alright. I agree with it all.
I can tell it's not trash talk, because trashtalkers don't point out anything good, and you did, thanks Reflex.
I'll work on it all.

As for me seeming to have an inflated ego: I didn't realize there were so few players in Alabama. I assumed, because I was told that they were the best with their characters, that they were the best in state. That's why I specified that they were the best.

I'll work on actively thinking as I play, so I don't fall into a "gameplay type", as you put it.
The spotdodging into a grab thing was a carry-over from playing Marth all the time. Hylian told me that it was useful, and I got used to it, I guess.

Thanks for critiquing me. Sorry for getting you worked up. xD
go to ZP or Ryos birthday then we can see how good you are. I wanna see how good you are for myself.

DeLux

Things that I am good at:
Fighting characters that aren't MK

Things that I am not good at:
Fighting characters that are MK

It's like, every time I catch them in a blizzard trap using my desync, I just want to run in and grab. And every time I would get Dair separated and ***** because I did it.

Kept saying, "Don't do that and just take your free damage and reset. Wait for tornado and grab that." But my thumb kept being like, "Do that thing I taught you." and hitting the grab button over and over.

If you ever face me at a tourney, counter pick MK against me. You'll probably win and I need the practice lol

I did not play Lee. They changed my bracket. I lost to TKD who went MK on me instead of Fox. And I lost to UTT who went MK on me. I might go MK on me and start playing the character as well.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Mk is almost as hard to grab as Wario. And lol@Blizzard comboing into a grab.
Try not to get so greedy D:

Smoom77

Smash Master
Oh PLEASE do not try to grab after blizzard. The only character that works on is like Ganon at 0%. If you got that MK in like one of your climber's blizzard, run back and RAR blizzard back. And learn to tech the ground for Nana while you're doing blizzard. All she'll do is (if you miss) is airdodge and that doesn't matter.

I want to play more top level MKs :(

Who does everyone think has the best MK vs ICs? I've only played havok and Dphat so I can't really say.

Top Bottom