• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Sieguest

Smash Master
I resolve to stop Frozen from running off the new members from the boards this year.
I resolve to be less of a recluse on the boards.

Oh yeah! On the spot resolutions.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
im not gonna be ran off im cool with you guys just dont like frozen and roller i can get oever because its not a big deal i just dont like this guy talk bout my moms. IDC if its put in anyway

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Stop saying balls. He said one testicle, not two.

If it were me, I'd be more concerned about him eating all the food in your fridge. That's more likely to happen than him cutting off one ball.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Stop saying balls. He said one testicle, not two.

If it were me, I'd be more concerned about him eating all the food in your fridge. That's more likely to happen than him cutting off one ball.
well thats better than him touching me because i dont do that gay stuff.
Gay ppl are cool but its not me sorry hobo

DeLux

Well as the old saying goes:

Cut off my ball, shame on you. But eat the food in my fridge, shame on me.

Be vigilant or be hungry. The choice is yours.

DeLux

So instead of doing Dthrow Fthrow as a CG transition, based on the Data from Guest's Scroll of Legend, we really ought to be doing Dthrow Dthrow (+ shield buffer if necessary) to reduce mashability.

Edit: Oops, meant to post this in the CG guide thread. GG

Tmacc

Smash Lord
So instead of doing Dthrow Fthrow as a CG transition, based on the Data from Guest's Scroll of Legend, we really ought to be doing Dthrow Dthrow (+ shield buffer if necessary) to reduce mashability.

Edit: Oops, meant to post this in the CG guide thread. GG
I do dthrow-dthrow. That's what Hylian taught me to do on the transition.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I do dthrow-dthrow. That's what Hylian taught me to do on the transition.
of course you do d-throw > d-throw. you play D3!

silly Tblack, must have thought he was in the Dedede discussion

DeLux

Yeah, I do Dthrow Dthrow as well. Every IC I've spoken to in person at tournies has always said to do the Dthrow Buffered Fthrow though as the first thing they notice about my play lol.

DeLux

Lies. I think the logic for fthrow is that it's constant timing for every character therefore easier. Despite spacing being more strict at percents below like 70 and it being more mashable. It's sad how many misconceptions about the basic CGs are still floating around. I'm still working on that so we actually know what we're talking about and what we talk about is correct.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I resolve to be less of a recluse on the boards.
So I already failed one of my resolutions... not even two weeks into the new year. Failure is upon me.

Also... dthrow is the best throw in all of IC history. You're entitled to your own thoughts but if it differs from what I just posted then make sure you know that you're wrong. :cool:

DeLux

Why did we not win SiiS4? Or come in top 10? Explanationnnnnnnnnnnsssssssss

Roller

Smash Legend
Future got Coney'd
Roller got Atomsk'd
Hylian got sick
Lain had no ride
I went Sonic for the final time.

All ICs now.
I guess those are decent explanations. Though I probably could have beaten atomsk (at least game 1, game 2 he ***** me) 'cause he went D3 and I dropped 2-3 grabs I shouldn't have.

I lost to Saffy in losers once again because I dropped 1 too many grabs. I really need to get a non-hd tv in my room so I can practice more.

In pools same thing, I got 3rd seed to Vinnie and Fonz. (Fonz actually beat Vinnie pretty solidly, to my surprise.)

Both my games vs Fonz were close, and my matches vs Vinnie we were both kinda goofing around and I wasn't really trying 100% 'cause I didn't expect to beat Vinnie (no johns though, he is legit better than me... for now. ;] ), and he was my last important pools match so I knew I was getting 3rd seed at this point. I did have a lot of fun playing him though. Pictochat shenanigans were in full swing.

In winners bracket I managed to beat Quivo much to my surprise. I went ICs all 3 games. He seemed to play the matchup really well, only landed once every like 2 minutes (on sv), and always with a bomb or zair. I just managed to take advantage of his few small errors each game and didn't drop any grabs.

Game 1 he took though, during it nana tripped in the middle of a cg. -__-

But yeah, then I had to play Atomsk. Then Saffy. This is the first tournament I've gone to however, in which I didn't feel truly outplayed by anybody to an extent where I couldn't have won. I'm fairly sure almost every game I dropped as ICs was due to 1-3 dropped grabs that with (hopefully) some more reliable practice, I'll soon fix. I also went something like 9-4 in MMs. (2 of the losses were with Pika, and 2 wins as well.)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah like Excel said I was horribly sick :(. I think I still got 13th somehow losing to atomsk in losers lol but overall I could barely keep my eyes open, I kept dropping chaingrabs because of coughing, and the only matches I played the entire day were my pool and tournament matches. Should have just forfeited :/.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Yeah like Excel said I was horribly sick :(. I think I still got 13th somehow losing to atomsk in losers lol but overall I could barely keep my eyes open, I kept dropping chaingrabs because of coughing, and the only matches I played the entire day were my pool and tournament matches. Should have just forfeited :/.
You feeling better now?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just starting to get better. I had to call in sick for work today which sucks :( but I'm feeling way better than I did at the tournament. Rauleens been taking amazing care of me :p. Tomorrow I should be good to go :).

Roller

Smash Legend
Yeah, Tutu mentioned that you kept dropping CGs 'cause you had to cough. That sucks man. I was gonna see if you wanted to play a few, but by the time I got finished with my MMs n' pools and everything you were spending most of your time half/fully asleep on the couch.

Glad you're feeling better, hopefully we can get a few games in next time.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
There were actually 5 ICs at SiiS4 nice, I wish I could have gone but something came up so I couldn't go :( there would have been 1 more IC player
So yeah Roller what was Lain's excuse for not attending?

Roller

Smash Legend
Well, idk what you even count as an ICs player, because like half of the ICs used another char more. Me, Hylian, Future, Atomsk (though didn't use them a ton), Excel (I don't think he really used them in bracket.), and Vinnie (I didn't see him use them in pools at all. He was in mine. But he did beat Shugo with them.)

As for Lain.. I honestly have no idea. lol, he was with us at the smashfest the night before we left, saying it was looking like he was going to have his hands on a car for the weekend. But I guess it fell through? We weren't able to reach him. =/

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I played GW one match in bracket and I used Falco in pools to beat a lucario.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Well, idk what you even count as an ICs player, because like half of the ICs used another char more. Me, Hylian, Future, Atomsk (though didn't use them a ton), Excel (I don't think he really used them in bracket.), and Vinnie (I didn't see him use them in pools at all. He was in mine. But he did beat Shugo with them.)

As for Lain.. I honestly have no idea. lol, he was with us at the smashfest the night before we left, saying it was looking like he was going to have his hands on a car for the weekend. But I guess it fell through? We weren't able to reach him. =/
I didn't make it to brackets. I used Sonic/MK in pools though.

Top Bottom