• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Man, I got all the popos blowing up my skype. Lesson learned too late: don't put your skype account up on the forum haha

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
*looks at my IM info on Smashboards*

Ha, I don't tell people my stuff unless its by request. Lux, I did get the desynch to work once or twice while I was messing around. Mark 2, not Mark 1; Still can't use Mark 1. :(

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I think I just stumbled across something. I was goofing off against a CPU ROB, just practicing my CGs and stuff and I got the idea to footstool out of Uthrow and it worked. I don't know if anyone has thought of it, but it seems legit.
you can foot stool after any type of throw try it its simple. like i use fthrow to foot stool on snake and wario alot also down throw to foot stool

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I chaingrab the PK kids with f and dthrow hobbling, because I still can't consistently get the timing for alts over 50%.

DeLux

I chaingrab the PK kids with f and dthrow hobbling, because I still can't consistently get the timing for alts over 50%.
It's not timing, it's spacing. I'd explain in a post how to fix it, but that would be too hard. I'll do it in person if you're still having that problem if we ever see each other lol.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
It's not timing, it's spacing. I'd explain in a post how to fix it, but that would be too hard. I'll do it in person if you're still having that problem if we ever see each other lol.
yea dont you have to like step into lucas when grabing him. Thats what i do in training mode.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've never had problems cging lucas lol I just do bthrow to dthrow and find it easy >_>.

DeLux

yea dont you have to like step into lucas when grabing him. Thats what i do in training mode.
It's hard to explain how exactly to manipulate the bthrow spacing to what's ideal, but it's possible. I'm not sure what you're saying and if it's correct or not. But I'm reasonably certain that you're talking about the dthrow, and stepping into Dthrow transfers with popo is almost more ideally sound.

I've never had problems cging lucas lol I just do bthrow to dthrow and find it easy >_>.
Based on my frame testing, more people would have issues with bthrow than dthrow. I think :\

In other news:

- Someone called me the "go to guy" for IC tech stuff. That was a first. Get on my level EA
Or get active again :(

- Less than a month until I debut my version of the 2011 Climbers. :) I hope there are replays and I stay diligent in my prep stuff because I have some new gimmicks that you people haven't seen before lol.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
It's hard to explain how exactly to manipulate the bthrow spacing to what's ideal, but it's possible. I'm not sure what you're saying and if it's correct or not. But I'm reasonably certain that you're talking about the dthrow, and stepping into Dthrow transfers with popo is almost more ideally sound.

Based on my frame testing, more people would have issues with bthrow than dthrow. I think :\

In other news:

- Someone called me the "go to guy" for IC tech stuff. That was a first. Get on my level EA
Or get active again :(

- Less than a month until I debut my version of the 2011 Climbers. :) I hope there are replays and I stay diligent in my prep stuff because I have some new gimmicks that you people haven't seen before lol.
yea i mean steping intodown throw and also foward throw

Roller

Smash Legend
I don't have trouble vs PK kids either, but I have scrub players who play each of them in my area. So it could just be from doing it to them over and over.

Also. Am I the only one who hobbles primarily with Bthrow? (otherwise fthrow)
I was under the assumption it was the most common.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I use whatever throw I can mash jump on for each character.

Ness and Lucas's spacing is fine, I hate the later grab timings on them.

DeLux

I use whatever throw I can mash jump on for each character.

Ness and Lucas's spacing is fine, I hate the later grab timings on them.
This is probably why you struggle CGing them lol. They don't have "later grab timings". Timing is timing and frames are frames. They are right in the middle somewhere around TL, Lucario, and Pit in terms of timing.

Spacing is what makes them unique.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
This is probably why you struggle CGing them lol. They don't have "later grab timings". Timing is timing and frames are frames. They are right in the middle somewhere around TL, Lucario, and Pit in terms of timing.

Spacing is what makes them unique.
I think you're insane <3.

TL, Pit, and Lucario are so different xD.

Pit has "light" timing, Lucario and TL are around the same with "mid floaty".

Seriously, close your eyes, and do the same CG on Pit and MK or Kirby (back/forward), it'll work.

DeLux

Seriously, I am 100% positive that I am correct on this one. I am rarely this certain on things, but since I've been doing the CG project with frame testing, I've tested this nonsense extensively.

The fact that something is "floaty" does not affect timing at all. Fact.
It affects SPACING.

At the very most it MIGHT allow you an extra frame later based on spacing if they aren't floaty. But that's a best case scenario. Anything you're noticing otherwise is mental, pure and simple.

Just trying to help, you don't have to listen.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Future and I will be there. Lain probably will as well.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Instead of making statements like these you should realize that every character is as easy/hard as each other, it only comes down to what timing you are most used to.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Instead of making statements like these you should realize that every character is as easy/hard as each other, it only comes down to what timing you are most used to.
...I say this all the time?

Hylian, if I go to SiiS4 and if you're not busy, we should have an IC session. I need to pick up pointers. Maybe play a few games and you can point out stuff.
Yeah sure :). I did that at MLG with a bunch of IC players lol.

Sieguest

Smash Master

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjFQtAubet4

A certain section looks fairly similar to a certain video I had made a little while back in a certain acronymed thread that certain people said what useless except in certain situations that would certainly never happen
LOL, sry

btw guys, it looks like if you PSC MK's tornado with Icies popo gets hit and nana hits mk whie popo is being hit by nado. this causes popo to be released from stun and theoretically he could grab mk as nana finished jabbing him

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You could also just hitlag desynch to grab.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Something lighthearted that I wanted to bring up. :3

Sign of a weak individual? Threatening violence. LAWL.

Where are the tourney matches? Where? Wherefore art thou, tourney matches?
SHAKESPEARE FAIL!
Wherefore=Why :088:

The topic of the day is now.... Shakespeare.
Discuss....

DeLux

2011 Climbers Resolutions: GOOOOO!

Two each, one for Nana, one for Popo-

I am resolved to use my desync so we get to where we belong on the tier list.
I am resolved to be nicer to people on the boards even when they're saying things that are obviously wrong.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I am disapointed with how these boards have started treating newcomers with re spect. I resolve to rectify this in the coming year.

Top Bottom