• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

ch33s3

Smash Lord
You cannot integrate an integral with respect to X when the function is a function of Q. MK is not falco. Please, try again.
Solve for Falco

Falco + 6 = Falco

The value of Falco is the key to success.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
But if the value of Falco is on both sides of the equation, when you solve for Falco, the answer is no longer Falco, it's MK.

Oh I C wut u did thar :awesome:

Sieguest

Smash Master
Falco is a linear character. If you took the derivative of him, all you would get is a constant. That does not help much.
Exactly. That means the result of you playing as Falco against ICs will be the same every single time.

IMO that should help a lot.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Stutter stepping is cancelling your dash animation with a smash. So just dash and then fsmash during the dash animation.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
So yeah, not much for me to say around here anymore, so I'm not gonna post around here anymore guys. I may lurk every now and then but thats about it.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Yeah, since no IC mains buffers there CG.... >_>

Not sayin it isn't useful.... but it's just not an end all to IC's, or even close.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Who are you?
We have usernames for a reason you know.

Edit: If you're trying to be dumb I'll answer you.

I'm someone who actually places and makes money in your region. Something you're obviously not familiar with. Who are you?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Which Dthrow? If you're referring to the dthrow after the initial grab in a dthrow -> fthrow/dthrow transfer at the beginning of the CG, you sometimes can't buffer the first dthrow. Anything under 32 frames on the dthrow hitbox will have to allow for mashing frames if nana is able to regrab,and that's assuming a standing grab. That changes to 42 frames assuming a dashing grab.

If you refer to the dthrow in a Bthrow > Dthrow CG, there will always be frames to mash on characters on this list:

Oh, while I'm making walls of text, this might be interesting:
In order to reliably CG the following characters, you MUST shield buffer if you bthrow dthrow:

Jigglypuff
Kirby
Metaknight
G&W
Pikachu
Squirtle
Zero Suit Samus

To be safe, you should also shield buffer:

Diddy
Falco
Fox
ICs
Marth
Olimar
Peach
Sheik
Sonic
Toon Link
Zelda

This is assuming the frame data published is correct. I uncovered a frame data error while testing, so take these lists with a grain of salt.

When you "Buffer the CG", you aren't buffering the throws to be unmashable. In order to do that, you would need to buffer an input to throw during a climbers grab animation. For ALL characters on bthrow > Fthrow, if you did that, you wouldn't be able to regrab. For the list above, if you did that, you wouldn't be able to regrab. What you're actually doing is buffering an input during one climbers cool down of throw, not the grabbing climbers grab animation.

The list above is special because shield buffering makes it so there are always frames you have to wait in order to succesfully CG. It ends up beings only 2-4, but the fact is you can still mash out.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Which Dthrow? If you're referring to the dthrow after the initial grab in a dthrow -> fthrow/dthrow transfer at the beginning of the CG, you sometimes can't buffer the first dthrow. Anything under 32 frames on the dthrow hitbox will have to allow for mashing frames if nana is able to regrab,and that's assuming a standing grab. That changes to 42 frames assuming a dashing grab.

If you refer to the dthrow in a Bthrow > Dthrow CG, there will always be frames to mash on characters on this list:

Oh, while I'm making walls of text, this might be interesting:
In order to reliably CG the following characters, you MUST shield buffer if you bthrow dthrow:

Jigglypuff
Kirby
Metaknight
G&W
Pikachu
Squirtle
Zero Suit Samus

To be safe, you should also shield buffer:

Diddy
Falco
Fox
ICs
Marth
Olimar
Peach
Sheik
Sonic
Toon Link
Zelda

This is assuming the frame data published is correct. I uncovered a frame data error while testing, so take these lists with a grain of salt.

When you "Buffer the CG", you aren't buffering the throws to be unmashable. In order to do that, you would need to buffer an input to throw during a climbers grab animation. For ALL characters on bthrow > Fthrow, if you did that, you wouldn't be able to regrab. For the list above, if you did that, you wouldn't be able to regrab. What you're actually doing is buffering an input during one climbers cool down of throw, not the grabbing climbers grab animation.

The list above is special because shield buffering makes it so there are always frames you have to wait in order to succesfully CG. It ends up beings only 2-4, but the fact is you can still mash out.
I don't understand why you can't buffer a dthrow with popo right when you grab someone, nana doesn't need to be able to grab after popo can solo cg every character at 0%.

DeLux

Let's say you grab them at an some low percent where it's no longer possible to solo dthrow but they still can mash out based on the speed of that video?

I actually have someone working on a frame rate based on the grab formula. They are going to make this longer chart at how many frames they have to CG and then calculate how many inputs per frame on average they need to mash out.

I'm not going to say that it's definitely humanly possible. But until we get more info, we can't rule that it's theoretically impossible.

I saw this day coming. At least, I saw the theory for it. I was hoping to be more prepared for it than we currently are. But Kprime beat me to the punch.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Let's say you grab them at an some low percent where it's no longer possible to solo dthrow but they still can mash out based on the speed of that video?

I actually have someone working on a frame rate based on the grab formula. They are going to make this longer chart at how many frames they have to CG and then calculate how many inputs per frame on average they need to mash out.

I'm not going to say that it's definitely humanly possible. But until we get more info, we can't rule that it's theoretically impossible.

I saw this day coming. At least, I saw the theory for it. I was hoping to be more prepared for it than we currently are. But Kprime beat me to the punch.
I think I'm pretty prepared for it, I've had to play super fast mashers my whole brawl career lol. Also, with the exception of ROB sopo can cg most viable characters against ICs till 60+ % and at some point you can transition into bthrow so that they can't break out >_>. This mashes really fast but it's still not frame perfect fast and still gives us room to not let them break out.

DeLux

Is that unstaled and everything? I stop trying to initiate solo dthrow unstaled around 20 lol

EA is on some spirit walk in Australia, so I don't know the frame stuff to calculate haha

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Is that unstaled and everything? I stop trying to initiate solo dthrow unstaled around 20 lol

EA is on some spirit walk in Australia, so I don't know the frame stuff to calculate haha
LOL WHAT.

Sopo CG is SOOOO good. You should be dthrowing people till 60+. Mk till 65%. Snake till like 84%. Wario to 70+. etc etc. Only ones that are really hard to do it to are ZSS(down B) and ROB(it's just hard >_<)

Here is a list:

Bowser - 95% [30T]
Captain Falcon - 98% [31T]
Charizard - 92% [29T]
Diddy Kong - 62% [18T]
Donkey Kong - 65% [19T]
Falco - 87% [27T]
Fox - 87% [27T]
Ganondorf - 81% [25T]
Ice Climbers - 65% [19T]
Ike - 65% [19T]
Ivysaur - 62% [18T]
Jigglypuff - 16% [3T]
King Dedede - 103% [33T]
Kirby - 34% [8T]
Link - 70% [21T]
Lucario - 31% [7T]
Lucas - 76% [23T]
Luigi - 59% [17T]
Mario - 65% [19T]
Marth - 31% [7T]
Meta Knight - 65% [19T]
Mr. Game & Watch - 57% [16T]
Ness - 54% [15T]
Olimar - 37% [9T]
Peach - 24% [5T]
Pikachu - 70% [21T]
Pit - 59% [17T]
R.O.B. - 48% [13T]
Samus - 31% [7T]
Sheik - 90% [28T]
Snake - 84% [26T]
Sonic - 57% [16T]
Squirtle - 68% [20T]
Toon Link - 48% [13T]
Wario - 73% [22T]
Wolf - 98% [31T]
Yoshi - 81% [25T]
Zelda - 40% [10T]
Zero Suit Samus - 59% [17T]

DeLux

No, I know you can do that from 0. I meant more like, if you grab someone originally at around say 30 with an unstaled dthrow, can you still solo dthrow?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
No, I know you can do that from 0. I meant more like, if you grab someone originally at around say 30 with an unstaled dthrow, can you still solo dthrow?
Depends on the character really. I usually can just tell if I can or not from experience.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Well I'm glad you are actually discussing it now. A mod ignoring a new tactic and insulting people isn't very productive....

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well I'm glad you are actually discussing it now. A mod ignoring a new tactic and insulting people isn't very productive....
I really hope you are joking... I haven't ignored it at all, that thread was just dumb.

Top Bottom