• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Sieguest

Smash Master
Coolest story I've read all evening bro.
:088:

Also wondering how I missed this:
Nothing is so common as the desire to be remarkable.
-William Shakespeare

Furthermore, there is no such thing as free will, you are merely a product of circumstances. Your individuality is nothing more than an illusion made to protect yourself ^.^
Swordgard I'd like to have word with you. :mad088:

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
has anyone else noticed that when sober girls are around you, they be ackin like they drunk?

just keep that in mind next time nana SD's or dash dances while you're trying to recover lol

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Here we go :).

Chaingrabbing Future:

Zombie future lookin sexy:

ch33s3

Smash Lord
You're amongst the luckiest people I know, Hylian.

On two serious notes:

1) Who's going to Dallas? Can we all get dinner?

2) Can someone please test our utilt v nado? I know it clanks and stops it at certain spacing, but I'd love some more details on it. I'd test myself but my controller STILL isn't here. Kthx <3

EDIT: Utilt can stop nado dead and sometimes hit MK, and sometimes it puts him that awkward position where he accidentally drill rushes, and sometimes it puts him in freefall. Testers go! <3

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion

On two serious notes:

2) Can someone please test our utilt v nado? I know it clanks and stops it at certain spacing, but I'd love some more details on it. I'd test myself but my controller STILL isn't here. Kthx <3

EDIT: Utilt can stop nado dead and sometimes hit MK, and sometimes it puts him that awkward position where he accidentally drill rushes, and sometimes it puts him in freefall. Testers go! <3
Lets test on wifi when I get back home today yo. You still have the classic to test with right?
That or get lux or Dom to help me test it.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Lets test on wifi when I get back home today yo. You still have the classic to test with right?
That or get lux or Dom to help me test it.
When you get home, I'll probably be going to school, lol. My GCN should be here today at some point, though. I was really looking for some frame specific stuff on it, though. If nothing else, we can do it later/tomorrow if nobody is available.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

On two serious notes:

I know I'm lucky :). She's amazing(aside from the SD's).

Also, the initial hit of utilt will clash with nado because it's multiple hitboxes, you need to be right under him though.

ch33s3

Smash Lord

Also, the initial hit of utilt will clash with nado because it's multiple hitboxes, you need to be right under him though.
There's more to it than that, though, Hylian. There's all sorts of ways utilt interacts with it, especially from the side. But that's a good start.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion

I was thinking from about 60 degrees, where they would "approach" with nado.

But yeah Cheese, I think Utilt to stop nado is really legit.

My question would be would our Utilt animation stop after it clashes with nado, will nana continue hers? Stuff like that.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I was thinking from about 60 degrees, where they would "approach" with nado.

But yeah Cheese, I think Utilt to stop nado is really legit.

My question would be would our Utilt animation stop after it clashes with nado, will nana continue hers? Stuff like that.
That's all the stuff I wanna know, yo.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Can someone please test our utilt v nado? I know it clanks and stops it at certain spacing, but I'd love some more details on it. I'd test myself but my controller STILL isn't here. Kthx <3

I can frame test this either tomorrow or Thursday, since I don't work those days. What kind of frame data info were you looking for?

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I can frame test this either tomorrow or Thursday, since I don't work those days. What kind of frame data info were you looking for?
Anything you can give me. What frames of the tilt clank/break nado/stop nado/hit MK? What parts of nado can be interrupted? Is there a way to force the freefall everytime? If not, can we force the awkward spot where MKs often randomly drillrush? What angles can you hit the nado from with utilt? Can you be facing forward and backwards, or just one direction?

And anything else you got.

DeLux

Anything you can give me. What frames of the tilt clank/break nado/stop nado/hit MK? What parts of nado can be interrupted? Is there a way to force the freefall everytime? If not, can we force the awkward spot where MKs often randomly drillrush? What angles can you hit the nado from with utilt? Can you be facing forward and backwards, or just one direction?

And anything else you got.
Just from a theory craft standpoint before I even test, this is what I would guess would occur.

The initial hitbox of nado and one of the lingering hitboxes of utilt will clash, canceling the nado.

However, since it will only clash with one climber, the other climber would hit the metaknight. If the MK player happens to be pressing B to extend the time length of the nado, that would cause them to drill rush. Essentially, they would clash, get hit by the other climber, SDI/knockback out of the utilt range, and then accidentally initiate a special, whatever it may be.

The angle questions are most likely not a frame issue but more a hitbox one. Try checking the hitbubble video first, but I'll look into it as best I can.

Unless of course, the frame issue we're examining is if it's possible to get hit by nado with one climber, what frame could the second climber utilt and clash (if that's possible).

I would hypothesize if you're sliding away from the MK while performing utilt via DSC, then the MK would more likely go into a free fall. The slide would probably remove the chance of the secondary hitting the MK.

That's just guesses based of past research though. If I find anything outrageous, I'll post a new thread. Otherwise, I'll just add an update to this GD.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
If I ask Lux, I'll know this week. If I ask smashlab, I'll know...eventually.

EDIT: Lux ninja'd me, and is **** with the info.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Just from a theory craft standpoint before I even test, this is what I would guess would occur.

The initial hitbox of nado and one of the lingering hitboxes of utilt will clash, canceling the nado.

However, since it will only clash with one climber, the other climber would hit the metaknight. If the MK player happens to be pressing B to extend the time length of the nado, that would cause them to drill rush. Essentially, they would clash, get hit by the other climber, SDI/knockback out of the utilt range, and then accidentally initiate a special, whatever it may be.

The angle questions are most likely not a frame issue but more a hitbox one. Try checking the hitbubble video first, but I'll look into it as best I can.

Unless of course, the frame issue we're examining is if it's possible to get hit by nado with one climber, what frame could the second climber utilt and clash (if that's possible).

I would hypothesize if you're sliding away from the MK while performing utilt via DSC, then the MK would more likely go into a free fall. The slide would probably remove the chance of the secondary hitting the MK.

That's just guesses based of past research though. If I find anything outrageous, I'll post a new thread. Otherwise, I'll just add an update to this GD.
Not exactly.

A multi hit move on the ground cancelled by nado will cancel and stop. Popo will stop using uptilt, the 2nd hit will rarely hit unless MK is directly into it on the first frame.

Teh Future

Smash Master
ics for sexiest characters mains I mean D@MN that pic i wanna sex myself.

btw where is everyone staying for dallas? idk if me/hylian are staying at the hotel or housing with someone yet :/

Sieguest

Smash Master
So uh.... how many of these stickies are actually used anymore? o.o Didn't really think about it until just looking at the board for about a minute. (lol)

ICGD needs something fresh. Like a pimpin' new title :3

Teh Future

Smash Master
wellllllll at least we will meet each otha at the venue lol >_> hit me up if you see meeeee and we all have to root for each other bc no one else will since ICs are gay as ****

looks doubtful lains comin now btw =(

means everyone else needs to step it up

Smoom77

Smash Master
Well I have my twitter set up. I'm gonna try to post videos of my sets, but they probably will not be only of me because I'm recording videos for others also. I'll be talking about how I'm doing, and maybe I'll go catch up on how the other ICs are doing and post about them.

http://twitter.com/#!/Smoomier

DeLux

Good luck at Dallas guys. Wish I was there with y'all, but johns get in the way. Bring heat.

Edit: read "Bring Heat" as "Rain Ice"

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@ Future- Um....12hrs. >_> It's like 8 to get to OKC, OK, then another 2 to the border and another 2-3 to Dallas.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
@ Future- Um....12hrs. >_> It's like 8 to get to OKC, OK, then another 2 to the border and another 2-3 to Dallas.
Nah, my gps is amazing. It makes the trip back to texas 3 hours faster than going to MO for some reason. Already tested it and it will get us to dallas in 9 hours and 15 minutes.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Oh wait, I forgot when we figured taht out lmao. I still don't understand your stupid GPS taht doesn't assist at all if you need to turn.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Nah, my gps is amazing. It makes the trip back to texas 3 hours faster than going to MO for some reason. Already tested it and it will get us to dallas in 9 hours and 15 minutes.
Intereting, I wonder why it takes you back to TX faster than it takes to get to MO? In theory, you could go backwards both ways, I'd asume, unless it's a weird route.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'm gonna try so hard. I'm gonna do good, not being cocky. I want atleast win a set, in winners or losers.

Top Bottom