• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

r3d d09

Smash Master
Go a week or two WITHOUT chain grabbing. We have talked about this, know how to play the character before you start chain grabbing. Sometimes you wont land one grab in a game, but you should still be able to make it close if not win,

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Go a week or two WITHOUT chain grabbing. We have talked about this, know how to play the character before you start chain grabbing. Sometimes you wont land one grab in a game, but you should still be able to make it close if not win,
Pretty much this. If you rely solely on grabs, what would happen if you don't get a grab that game?

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Well I don't solely rely on them. I still fight as safe as I can and desync for spacing and approaching and stuff like that. But after mlg I realized I need to step up my basic fighting skills otherwise I'll never make it to the next level of competitive smash.

Sieguest

Smash Master

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I have wifi on the bus, this is pretty cool. Heading to a regional in Philly. Using Future and Hylain's tags for no reason.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Got 2nd yesterday, lost to MJG in grand finals. I beat him first set and we went to game 5 second set and he won. It was exhausting playing 10 games vs TL in tournament lol.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Future's tag...good. Hylian's tag...bad.

I didn't drop grabs despite placing awful and getting *****. So I'm happy.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Got 2nd yesterday, lost to MJG in grand finals. I beat him first set and we went to game 5 second set and he won. It was exhausting playing 10 games vs TL in tournament lol.
How many timeouts and how many G&W games? Wish I could have gone. Gas/money johns.

True story: MJG calls me at like 2am the day of the tourney and was like "did you want to go?". By then I had made other plans. gg24hoursnoticewouldhavemadeithappen\

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
How many timeouts and how many G&W games? Wish I could have gone. Gas/money johns.

True story: MJG calls me at like 2am the day of the tourney and was like "did you want to go?". By then I had made other plans. gg24hoursnoticewouldhavemadeithappen\
Mainly GW. I can't beat him with IC's. Honestly I don't think anyone will beat him consistently with Ic's any time soon. I think my IC's would do better on the counterpick stages against him than the starters. I can beat him on most stages with GW, but he ***** me on smashville and there was a no DSR rule for starters this tournament which made me have to play him on smashville several times. We actually went dead even in terms of games and sets(5-5 and 1-1) but he only needed to win one set while I needed two.

Also, I went into the losers bracket early and had to play a million matches to get to finals lmao. My bracket was like this IIRC:

Winners:
Beat Holms(Wolf) 2-0
Lost to Legan(MK/Marth) 2-1(He won first game MK vs IC's, I won 2nd game 2stocking him MK vs Ic's and he counterpicked Delphino so I went GW confident that I could beat his MK but he went Marth and won. He was playing really well so no johns :))

Losers:
Beat Jordan(Luigi/GW) 2-1 (We played on Spear pillar lol was fun)
Beat Fino(Olimar) 2-1 (Tried IC's on RC and it didn't work out too well lol)
Beat Nicole(Peach) 2-1 (suupperrr hard matches, 30 seconds left last game and I'm behind 40% and I get a grab and kill her with it)
Beat Joker(Snake) 2-0 (yayyyy for beating a good snake)
Beat Mr. Doom(Ike) 2-1
Beat Domo(MK) 2-0 (Domo beat Havok at MLG Dallas but I played the match-up really well unlike I did at dallas when I lost to tearbear lol)
Beat Zeton(Fox) 3-1 (supppper hyped matches with tons of yelling lmao it was insane)
Beat MJG(Toon Link/Diddy) 3-2
Lost to MJG(TL) 2-3.

Everyone got drunk after the tournament because we could sleep at the venue lol.

Top Bottom